Newly elected GOP congressman (NY) appears to have lied about ... EVERYTHING

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I've been off line, but Shirley this has been posted?

images

• Love
Reactions: hal2kilo

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I wonder where this is going?

He's making some salient points not mentioned here. Mainly, that Santos' lies were carefully constructed to appeal to the largest democraphics in the district he was running in. Lots of people there lost family and friends in 9/11. So he falsely claims his mother died in 9/11. Lots of Jews and Ukrainian refugees, so his grandparents were Ukrainian Jews who survived the Holocaust. Lots of people in the district work in financial services, so he claimed he worked at Goldman Sachs.

Kind of sounds like this particular pack of lies was created by committee.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You could categorize what this Santos did as a nice heaping of Republican election fraud. Although it probably wouldn't stand up in court.

The voters did not elect him. They elected who he claimed he was. They elected a guy who got degrees from certain schools. They elected a guy with employment experience with certain big name finance companies. They elected a guy with certain life experiences that they thought aligned with their values and would help him represent them in congress.

Fraud: the intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right.

yeah but you know I don't care about any of that right now?

I care about where he suddenly gained, and showed, $70 million within about...1 year after basically claiming to be a fucking Bootsblack on his 2021 1040 FFS.

that's really fucking goddamn important. And it's why this thing went into Plaid speed for Fed investigation, lol.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Although this was reported on in the summer - There seems to be all kinds of GOP election fraud going on in NY elections these days

"The Republican elections board commissioner in Rensselaer County, N.Y., is scheduled to plead guilty after he was accused of carrying out a brazen scheme that allowed him to cast votes in other voters names"

I love how they all cheat quite loudly and without shame and then accuse their "enemy" of doing what they are doing, every fucking time, they always fucking get exposed, and yet their people don't care and vote for them anyway, and it's always so fucking close and they still win with a pack of mouth-breathing smooth-brained electors that just keep voting for the people that are very plainly doing the things that they are being Pavlonianly trained to hate.

It's fucking remarkable, and also terrifying in a way, because these people are cheerfully voting for the end of this epoch in human cultural existence, because they are angry at being so privileged to have lived as the most dominant culture ever, but somehow believe they are not for literally no reason whatsoever and have decided that just "isn't fair." And so, here we are.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
yeah but you know I don't care about any of that right now?

I care about where he suddenly gained, and showed, $70 million within about...1 year after basically claiming to be a fucking Bootsblack on his 2021 1040 FFS.

that's really fucking goddamn important. And it's why this thing went into Plaid speed for Fed investigation, lol.

I think it was $700,000.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He's making some salient points not mentioned here. Mainly, that Santos' lies were carefully constructed to appeal to the largest democraphics in the district he was running in. Lots of people there lost family and friends in 9/11. So he falsely claims his mother died in 9/11. Lots of Jews and Ukrainian refugees, so his grandparents were Ukrainian Jews who survived the Holocaust. Lots of people in the district work in financial services, so he claimed he worked at Goldman Sachs.

microtargeting and advertising writ large, basically everything that we knew about dark money and the end of democracy with Citizens United and this fucking fascist SCOTUS that allows this complete and unmistakable, repeatedly predicted outcome of exploited laissez fair democracy.

Pretty much the true Sum of all Fears of what we always knew were the central weaknesses of our ambiguously established constitutional democracy, and this political party simply stopped giving a fuck about it, and here we are.

I mean, I can't blame them. What else do you expect simple greedy people do after being gifted an army of illiterate, fairy-tale inspired simple mobs of human fleshbags clinging to their bronze age books and murder toys to just give you all the power you needed?

It was always the plan. It's why this group was exploited so sinisterly and directly in the late 60s after mutually-agreed-upon Dem/Repub/Whig/Free Soil/Bull Moose/Whatever parties all collectively understand, for 200 fucking years of human advancement, that these people were way too fucking nuts to bring into the central pillars of any free nation's power: HUMANS ALWAYS FUCKING KNEW that FUCKING RELIGIOUS NUTCAKES were always the END OF ALL MAJOR CIVILIZATIONS, and it's why any particular religions was EXPLICITLY BANNED BY OUR FUCKING CONSTITUTION from taking power. ANY POWER. ANY FUCKING POWER and it is fucking PLAINLY WRITTEN.

Yet here we fucking are. These fucking NUTBARS shitting their fucking King JAMES fucking Bible nonsense into law, as it was never, obviously and inarguably intended. THis is why these very same people hate themselves, these fucking Christian nationalists. Their very dreams are coming real before them, and their world, just like ours, is now becoming darker because of it. And they don't understand. ...or it's really just part of it. The END that they are required to bring.

Fucking Nationalist Christian sociopaths. They will bring on the endtimes when given power, because that is what they are literally commanded to do, and the more you treat them like jokes, the more they will plot to fucking turn your house into glass. Make no fucking mistake.

Reactions: DaaQ

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think it was $700,000.

that's how much he donated to himself for the campaign

He actually claimed $70 million in some "family foundation trust" that didn't exist anywhere, at all, 1 year before that.

He had a $55,000 salary in 2020 or so, twice evicted at some point within those years, no prior history of anything in terms of an actual job or any income anywhere...then "$1-5 million" salary in 2022.

Seriously. wtf? These are actual Tax claims that were submitted to the IRS.

This is why this stuff always needs to be known, instantly, of anyone that wants to try and run for public office, especially as this same fucking fascist GOP party is constantly removing the restraints from that power. It's all the same fucking thing.

Reactions: DaaQ and tweaker2

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Republicans are shitstains on humanity. At this point we are at evidence exhibit number 5,444,283,293,321,569,234

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'd like to find out who put Santos up for the job along with the financing that went with it.

Secondly, I'm wondering how did the Santos cabal of string-pullers and influence peddlers ever think they could get away with the scam to begin with. As nakedly blatant it was how Santos and his bankrollers were about forging his certs, it's if Trump himself was running the operation.
They got away with it; Santos will be sworn in.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Still not sure how anyone got away with anything - I anticipate multiple people going to prison, Santos among them.

I don't think he meant he got away with being elected unconstitutionally. He basically got away with his con/grift. Santos invented an entirely different human, and ran that human for office. Santos is just an unusually virulent example of a widespread disease.

Now, to be fair.... The issue is how do you determine why people chose who to vote for Santos. Maybe they voted for him because they thought he had a college degree. Or because his "Jew-ish" values aligned with theirs. Or maybe they voted for him because they liked his tie. Or, more likely they voted for him JUST because he was the Republican nominee. But without knowing why people voted for him, it's hard to say if it was due to all lies Santos told. And if Santos election was not due to all the lies he told then, obviously he was legitimately elected.

AND .....The people who were voting for George Santos were knowingly voting for a MAGA aligned Republican in 2022. It’s hard to imagine that they didn’t know they were voting for a serial liar, even if they weren’t aware of what specific things Santos was lying about. Anybody who objects to serial lying of this magnitude as a general principle isn’t voting for a Trump Republican.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't think he meant he got away with being elected unconstitutionally. He basically got away with his con/grift. Santos invented an entirely different human, and ran that human for office. Santos is just an unusually virulent example of a widespread disease.

Now, to be fair.... The issue is how do you determine why people chose who to vote for Santos. Maybe they voted for him because they thought he had a college degree. Or because his "Jew-ish" values aligned with theirs. Or maybe they voted for him because they liked his tie. Or, more likely they voted for him JUST because he was the Republican nominee. But without knowing why people voted for him, it's hard to say if it was due to all lies Santos told. And if Santos election was not due to all the lies he told then, obviously he was legitimately elected.

AND .....The people who were voting for George Santos were knowingly voting for a MAGA aligned Republican in 2022. It’s hard to imagine that they didn’t know they were voting for a serial liar, even if they weren’t aware of what specific things Santos was lying about. Anybody who objects to serial lying of this magnitude as a general principle isn’t voting for a Trump Republican.
I mean he's very likely headed to prison so I'm still struggling to understand what he got away with.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

I noticed that he was the "amazing everything man" for the conservatives and other demographics for the area. Almost, like it was based on survey results.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
George Santos: ["I made a mistake, and I think humans are flawed and we all make mistakes," he said.]

This is clearly something a cold-blooded baby-eating reptiloid alien would say.

That’s fine. People make “mistakes”. Doesn’t mean you get to get to be a Congressman

Reactions: esquared