Rant Newegg Shipping Sucks

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Ordered everything for a new system build a week and a half ago. Most of the items I got from Amazon, but they were out of stock on the RAM I wanted so I got it from Newegg.

Received all my Amazon items by Friday and have put everything together. The memory supposedly made it to Troutdale, Oregon (close to my house) on Saturday. Yay, maybe I'll get it by Monday! Wrong. It was scanned in last night at the FedEx center in Kent, Washington and they bumped the estimated delivery to Friday.

Maybe I'm spoiled with the speedy shipping (generally) of Amazon, but this is terrible. Never again, Newegg!

/endrant

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Maybe you should complain about Fedex and not Newegg?

Nah, I'll complain about Newegg using slow-boat-from-China ground shipping while Amazon uses one or two day shipping. I suppose it's my fault for not paying attention to the shipping method. But who do they think wants to wait two weeks?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Newegg went to shit years ago...now that they're 100% Chinese owned, they're off my list.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I think my last purchase from newegg was 2006 when I built my last computer. The computer I'm using now is a dell refurb from microcenter I picked up in person. Total shipping time was about an hour :^D

Amazon really does have shipping nailed. The last thing I ordered came from an indie retailer, and it took a over a week to get it. Seemed like forever compared to amazon, and I don't even have prime, but the shipping time was more than reasonable. Just spoiled by amazon service.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
They both sell Chinese made goods, so what's the point?
They both sell Chinese goods, but that doesn't mean Amazon is Chinese owned. Newegg has gone downhill dramatically since their buyout. There was a big deal semi recently even where Newegg, not some 3rd party vendor on their website, but Newegg themselves were selling counterfeit Playstation 4 controllers as though they were the real thing. They even had the Sony branding and looked almost identical, but quickly broke in most cases in a matter of a few weeks.

But no problem right? Can just get a replacement from Sony. Except not really. None of the serials matched Sony's records when people filed for their warrenty, proving they were counterfeit and were not replaced as a result. But you can still get the issue rectified with Newegg directly then, right? Wrong. They moved most of those products to "No refund and no replacement" status. What legitimate vendor has policy like that?!

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
They both sell Chinese goods, but that doesn't mean Amazon is Chinese owned. Newegg has gone downhill dramatically since their buyout. There was a big deal semi recently even where Newegg, not some 3rd party vendor on their website, but Newegg themselves were selling counterfeit Playstation 4 controllers as though they were the real thing. They even had the Sony branding and looked almost identical, but quickly broke in most cases in a matter of a few weeks.

But no problem right? Can just get a replacement from Sony. Except not really. None of the serials matched Sony's records when people filed for their warrenty, proving they were counterfeit and were not replaced as a result. But you can still get the issue rectified with Newegg directly then, right? Wrong. They moved most of those products to "No refund and no replacement" status. What legitimate vendor has policy like that?!

I spend over $10K (used to be a lot more) a year through my employer at Newegg. Never had an issue yet. And Amazon has been caught selling counterfeits as well.

Don't get me wrong, I still shop at Amazon when it makes sense. But when it comes to computer parts, Amazon has no where near the selection, and Newegg almost always has better prices, and faster delivery.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I used shoprunner 2 day shipping which I get as a perk on my amex card for my last few newegg orders....

Reactions: UsandThem

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Anyway, someone sent me a package from Florida recently. The day after it was sent, the package was in Atlanta (no more than a 30 minute drive away from my town).

The next two days, it was in New Jersey. So it took like 4 days to reach me after it had been so close.

That's all on USPS though. Not the guy who sent the package.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
If you are in a hurry to get your stuff, then pay for upgraded shipping. Crying about free shipping taking a long time is about as lame as it can get.

Reactions: Ichinisan

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
If you are in a hurry to get your stuff, then pay for upgraded shipping. Crying about free shipping taking a long time is about as lame as it can get.

For the record I was crying about it sitting in my town for two days and then going up to Seattle. If they'd sent it to Seattle or Des Moines or whatever and then here I wouldn't care.

NeweggSupport

Jun 29, 2005
Ordered everything for a new system build a week and a half ago. Most of the items I got from Amazon, but they were out of stock on the RAM I wanted so I got it from Newegg.

Received all my Amazon items by Friday and have put everything together. The memory supposedly made it to Troutdale, Oregon (close to my house) on Saturday. Yay, maybe I'll get it by Monday! Wrong. It was scanned in last night at the FedEx center in Kent, Washington and they bumped the estimated delivery to Friday.

Maybe I'm spoiled with the speedy shipping (generally) of Amazon, but this is terrible. Never again, Newegg!

/endrant

Hello dainthomas,

I am so sorry to hear about the shipping issues you had with your order. Please send us a private message with your order info so we can look into this for you.

Thank you,
Louis [Newegg Support]

Reactions: Captante

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Newegg

Is

Not

A

Courrier

SHEESH!

That’s the problem... Amazon basically is a carrier at this point. They not only have their own network of warehouses, but also have their own fleet of trucks and even planes now.

When you can do “free” shipping faster than most places can do their 2 day shipping, it’s kind of an unfair advantage.

Reactions: lxskllr

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
For the record I was crying about it sitting in my town for two days and then going up to Seattle. If they'd sent it to Seattle or Des Moines or whatever and then here I wouldn't care.
They gave the courier the correct address. The courier carrried it around aimlessly.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I've more delivery issues with Amazon lately than I have with other retailers who ship their stuff with UPS, USPS, and Fedex. I think out of last 3 packages delivered by Amazon using their delivery services, two were late and one was lost at the distribution center or on the delivery truck.

However, if I factor in the overall results over many years, Prime packages come faster and in much better shape. While I still order from Newegg at times, I will never order small components like RAM, hard drives, and NVMe drives because the last 6 times I bought something like that, they mail it UPS ground in a dinky padded envelope. The items were all crushed by other packages that UPS processes. Every time I would take a picture and send it to them, and all they ever said was "Thank you for the feedback, we'll look into it". They never followed up with me, and they kept packaging it in the same way. So about 2 years ago I said "Never again". I'll order things like that from Amazon and B&H Photo, or price match at a store like Best Buy (even if I pay a little extra).

But I agree with others here OP, as your delivery issues are not Newegg's fault since it's the delivery company sitting on the package. I've had packages get to my city quickly, and if it was sent something like UPS Ground, they let it sit rather than come too quickly based on what was paid to send it. I can't fault the retailer for that aspect.

That's my little diatribe, and that's all I gotta say about that. :p

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I find Newegg orders always take forever. Been a while since I've ordered from there, but I usually don't expect my stuff to arrive for at least 1-2 weeks. I miss NCIX, too bad they went tits up, they were one of the better sites. Tigerdirect is ok too though. I recently discovered Memoryexpress.com and they seem pretty decent, only ordered from there a few times so far but shipping was reasonable. Newegg has more inventory for server stuff though, like Supermicro etc.

Can't always blame the site for shipping mind you but it seems some sites are better than others, don't know if there's different priorities by the shipping companies based on contracts or what not.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I ordered a UPS from them, and it was delivered today. I own seven on these units now for my electronics, and every time I ordered one before from different retailers, they were all packed inside a shipping box. Apparently this is how Newegg ships theirs. :rolleyes:

Luckily where the damage was to the box (on the bottom) was not the side where the buttons and LCD display are located, and it appears to be OK. Still, I just don't understand why they do stuff like this.

20190309_110931.jpg

20190309_110906.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Newegg went to shit years ago...now that they're 100% Chinese owned, they're off my list.

Newegg started going downhill even before their buyout. I remember in early 2015 I bought a cpu and some RAM and I paid for two day shipping on the cpu so I could get it ASAP while the RAM I just left it free shipping since I didn't need it that soon. So of course they sent the RAM via FedEx SmartPost as expected, except they bundled in the CPU into that delivery too. So instead of getting my cpu in two business days like I paid for I got it in two weeks.

Newegg also scammed me 2-3 years ago when I ordered a game from a third party seller on a newegg gift card that apparently never got shipped and newegg made me jump through a ton of hoops to get it refunded, then sent me a bad check to try to refund it. That company is dead to me and I'll never order anything again from them.

I used to spend a ton of money with them building systems for friends and myself in the mid 2000s to mid 2010s, but have since taken my business to amazon.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Newegg started going downhill even before their buyout. I remember in early 2015 I bought a cpu and some RAM and I paid for two day shipping on the cpu so I could get it ASAP while the RAM I just left it free shipping since I didn't need it that soon. So of course they sent the RAM via FedEx SmartPost as expected, except they bundled in the CPU into that delivery too. So instead of getting my cpu in two business days like I paid for I got it in two weeks.

Newegg also scammed me 2-3 years ago when I ordered a game from a third party seller on a newegg gift card that apparently never got shipped and newegg made me jump through a ton of hoops to get it refunded, then sent me a bad check to try to refund it. That company is dead to me and I'll never order anything again from them.

I used to spend a ton of money with them building systems for friends and myself in the mid 2000s to mid 2010s, but have since taken my business to amazon.
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them this past Fall, but will remember your story and avoid them moving forward out of spite. (not joking) I blacklist companies for crap like that.