Discussion Newegg Black Friday Deals

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Everything's so friggin' expensive, and there's so little stock... :(

Last year I got a RX570 for CA$130 during the BF sales... people are happy to snag it at US$190 now?
Yes, COVID is playing a huge part, but man... there's something really wrong here.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
So far all Newegg has done is rotate the same few items every few days. WD SN750 on sale today. Gone tomorrow. Back again the following day. There's really been nothing that I thought "that's a great deal".

I know it's not black Friday yet, but that's what they're advertising their sale as being.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
So far all Newegg has done is rotate the same few items every few days. WD SN750 on sale today. Gone tomorrow. Back again the following day. There's really been nothing that I thought "that's a great deal".

I know it's not black Friday yet, but that's what they're advertising their sale as being.
I got a good deal on some memory, though it wasn't advertised. Oh, and after my purchase on the web, Newegg kindly notified my that I would have gotten a $10 gift card if I had purchased it via the app :p

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
The h500 case is a clear winner at least for me as with the $20 mib as I need a new case and it's a great subpar $200 case much less under $100 and thankfully not solid front like so many cases are these days sadly.

Last edited:

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Awful. Stay home.
--
What i have found in the past (might not be true this year) is the very best deals will occur on cyber monday.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2005
Everything's so friggin' expensive, and there's so little stock... :(

Last year I got a RX570 for CA$130 during the BF sales... people are happy to snag it at US$190 now?
Yes, COVID is playing a huge part, but man... there's something really wrong here.
I agree. Built my spouse a budget gaming rig last year - prices have jumped a lot since then...

May try to grab that Corsair PSU. My current rig locks up with a blank screen and distorted audio sometimes (<1 mo) that requires a hard reboot; it's been going on for a long time, but so intermittent that I've never tried to fix it. I've been keeping my eye out for a decent PSU to swap in to see if that fixes it. And that price seems decent, when looking at historic prices on Pcpartpicker

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
The Logitech G604 and G703 look like good prices. Might upgrade my 4790K to 9900k or 10700K if I see a good deal on CPU and MB.

Reactions: killster1
Dec 10, 2005
I agree. Built my spouse a budget gaming rig last year - prices have jumped a lot since then...

May try to grab that Corsair PSU. My current rig locks up with a blank screen and distorted audio sometimes (<1 mo) that requires a hard reboot; it's been going on for a long time, but so intermittent that I've never tried to fix it. I've been keeping my eye out for a decent PSU to swap in to see if that fixes it. And that price seems decent, when looking at historic prices on Pcpartpicker
I ended up pulling the trigger on the RM550x. It'll serve as a nice replacement to the XFX TS 550W my rig is currently using, and hopefully solve my sparse and random lockup problem. I almost considered an NVME drive as well, since on my board, the slot is on the backside, and the PSU being removed would give me access without having to pull up the board, but it's not worth the headache to move my OS over just yet... the next time I rebuild, I'll go with the M2/NVME drive.

Another bonus on the PSU: there was a general $10 off promo code, so AR, it will be ~$65.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I picked up a G604, although the new G-Hub software it requires seems to be universally hated (in contrast to the old LGS, which is excellent). I have an old G700s that is starting to flake out now, so it's worth trying out.

The 1TB SN750 looks attractive but I would rather get a 2TB one at this point given how big game installs are these days.

Dec 10, 2005
The 1TB SN750 looks attractive but I would rather get a 2TB one at this point given how big game installs are these days.
I must not play enough games for this to be a big issue (usually only a handful installed a time). My current rig (which is~4.5 years old), I only have non-NVME/M2 drives, despite the option to install one. The next time I rebuild, I'll probably go with an NVME/M2 drive, as I'd probably look to downsize to a slightly smaller case than what I currently use.

My current drives seem to serve me well, but I wouldn't mind some future consolidation:
  • 256 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS and programs
  • 128 GB Intel 520 SSD that used to be my OS/programs drive in my prior rig, but now serves as a secondary Steam/games drive
  • 1 TB WD Blue HDD for data
  • And a very old 500 GB WD Green HDD (probably ~10 years old at this point) for weekly, automated data backups (with an external drive for monthly backups)

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Steam is cool in that one can archive a game on to an HDD in case you want to play it again. Haven't found that feature in Epic Games. Haven't used any other game hubs since the Crysis series.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I must not play enough games for this to be a big issue (usually only a handful installed a time). My current rig (which is~4.5 years old), I only have non-NVME/M2 drives, despite the option to install one. The next time I rebuild, I'll probably go with an NVME/M2 drive, as I'd probably look to downsize to a slightly smaller case than what I currently use.

My current drives seem to serve me well, but I wouldn't mind some future consolidation:
  • 256 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS and programs
  • 128 GB Intel 520 SSD that used to be my OS/programs drive in my prior rig, but now serves as a secondary Steam/games drive
  • 1 TB WD Blue HDD for data
  • And a very old 500 GB WD Green HDD (probably ~10 years old at this point) for weekly, automated data backups (with an external drive for monthly backups)

I tend to hold on to hard drives so long that I like to have some extra buffer there, especially since games are often over 100GB these days. Motherboards also have fewer NVME slots than SATA ones and it's a bit harder to add more of those drives to a system. I have a 256GB NVME OS/apps drive, a 1TB SSD for some newer games, a 512GB SSD for older games and music (6-7 years old), and a 1TB HD for photos/videos (10 years old).

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

I actually got either the same or better (a few substantially better) prices when I upgraded my system in late summer on every part I purchased aside from the case and the monitor. Case was $10 less than I paid and the monitor was $20 so big deal.

"Black Friday" 2020 is a joke in terms of PC parts ... glad I didn't wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: UsandThem

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I actually got substantially better prices when I upgraded my system in late summer on every part I purchased aside from the case and the monitor. Case was $10 less than I paid and the monitor was $20 so big deal.

I really wasn't impressed with tech prices this year. In fact, shortly after the "official" Black Holiday ad, Newegg eliminated the $20 - $50 combo discount they had on CPUs/motherboards, and they became more expensive than what they were for the 1-2 weeks before black Friday.

I think Walmart was selling the i9-10900F for $370ish, and that was the only thing I thought was a true black Friday type pricing. The whole Covid mess and low inventory levels for many PC components made this a forgettable year. The Ryzen 5000 series was so short in supply, many of Ryzen 3000 CPUs increased in pricing compared to their 1 year lows.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I really wasn't impressed with tech prices this year. In fact, shortly after the "official" Black Holiday ad, Newegg eliminated the $20 - $50 combo discount they had on CPUs/motherboards, and they became more expensive than what they were for the 1-2 weeks before black Friday.

I think Walmart was selling the i9-10900F for $370ish, and that was the only thing I thought was a true black Friday type pricing. The whole Covid mess and low inventory levels for many PC components made this a forgettable year. The Ryzen 5000 series was so short in supply, many of Ryzen 3000 CPUs increased in pricing compared to their 1 year lows.

The best deals I got were from Best Buy (of all places) when they had their "Not-Prime-Day" sale and in the week leading up to it. 2x WD Black 500gb NVME drives @ $62 each and a Sandisk 1tb 3D-Ultra SATA SSD @ $96.

I did end up getting my Ryzen 3600 from Amazon @ $159 shipped which is pretty close to as cheap as I've ever seen it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UsandThem

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
The best deals I got were from Best Buy (of all places) when they had their "Not-Prime-Day" sale and in the week leading up to it.

I did end up getting my Ryzen 3600 from Amazon for $159 shipped which is pretty close to as cheap as it's ever been.
That was a really solid price for the 3600. I think the 3700X also dipped to around $250 around that time as well, but I figured the pricing would be lower once the 5000 series launched.

I might have been wrong with that prediction. :p

Dec 10, 2005
I actually got either the same or better (a few substantially better) prices when I upgraded my system in late summer on every part I purchased aside from the case and the monitor. Case was $10 less than I paid and the monitor was $20 so big deal.

Yeah, the prices haven't looked that great. At least for me, looking at the historic prices for the Corsair PSU I just bought, it was at least as good of a deal as deals over the last 9 months, if not a slight bit better.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
That was a really solid price for the 3600. I think the 3700X also dipped to around $250 around that time as well, but I figured the pricing would be lower once the 5000 series launched.

I might have been wrong with that prediction. :p

Pretty sure the 3700x was $237 the day I pulled the trigger which was only like $10 more then the 3600x ... it was tough making up my mind between them!

Ultimately I figured the price difference was better spent on 32gb's RAM (over 16) and a second NVME drive.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
The last 2 years they have had an excellent platinum psu on sale but only on monday. I'm waiting to see if they will have another this year. My seasonic is about 10 years old and thinking it is about time to replace it.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
The best deals I got were from Best Buy (of all places) when they had their "Not-Prime-Day" sale and in the week leading up to it. 2x WD Black 500gb NVME drives @ $62 each and a Sandisk 1tb 3D-Ultra SATA SSD @ $96.

I did end up getting my Ryzen 3600 from Amazon @ $159 shipped which is pretty close to as cheap as I've ever seen it.
The only thing I bought from Newegg was a Logitech G604 ($45). Grabbed a G604 and G613($77) from Amazon and a 14TB easystore external HDD ($190) from Best Buy. Most of my purchases have been clothes (base layers + thermals). Prices didn't seem that low and as others have said, a lot of what I checked was cheaper earlier this year - kind of discouraging when I find something $30 cheaper direct from the manufacturer than the BF sale price.