Discussion New World - Amazon's MMO releasing 8/25

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
but that is only at the town you store it in..

you cant cross access storage from other towns.
that's is to be expected though,if they allowed that then it would defeat the entire purpose of controlling territory and setting taxes

Last edited:

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
So today is the last day of beta....

Capture2.PNG

Proud to note, no 3090 in my handling has met with a unfortunate ending.
Oh i can't seem to play this game on medium and low settings as once i see my FPS hit over 300, the game instacrashes windows.
I sort of wanted this so i could see what was up in WAR.

And yes it scared the hell out of me the first time, as i thought i killed my gpu... but after testing, it seems there is something still wrong with the game stability when you hit those massive FPS.

Reactions: KMFJD

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Delayed again to September 28th.

E79nShaWUAEVHeG

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah disappointing but better than pulling a Cyberpunk.

hey now, still not there yet. This is exactly what Cyberpunk already did....just that things were still broken after the...3rd? delay. :D

--well I was wrong; didn't realize this in the OP was from 2020, and had already been delayed several times, haha.

Last edited:

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
guys name reservations are GLOBAL.

You will need to hammer the EU server to name hold, if you want a popular name.
I seriously have no idea which dev thought this would be a good idea... as it will cause HAVOK on the EU servers, and possibly take them down from all the people hammering it.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008

I seriously have no idea which dev thought this would be a good idea... as it will cause HAVOK on the EU servers, and possibly take them down from all the people hammering it.
No one really knows yet as some support staff has said regional and others don't know.

If it's global then EU servers are going to get hammered with earlier starting time.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Is the name "horsecum" still available?

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
it's has been reserved for you Shorty, Bezos says you owe him one

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I heard during both beta's the server went live about 1 hour earlier then mentioned.
So if your after name reservations, i suggest you camp out starting at 10pm PST on Monday.
And keep trying every 10-15 minutes.

I am just hoping STEAM will unlock the game for EU launch even tho you are located in West Coast.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
game preload available
I think I may try it out.
I have no life, and my current MMO is boring me to death.

OK, steam still has their same old 2 hour, one month refund policy.
I just put about 3 minutes into the game, looking at the menu screen. There are no worlds (servers) available right now. There will be at 8AM tomorrow, so its gonna be mostly sad single losers like myself, and college kids who either dont have class at that time, or took class off to play the game.
Should be fun.

the menu screen is 3D rendered and actually looks nice.

Last edited:

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I think I may try it out.
I have no life, and my current MMO is boring me to death.

OK, steam still has their same old 2 hour, one month refund policy.
I just put about 3 minutes into the game, looking at the menu screen. There are no worlds (servers) available right now. There will be at 8AM tomorrow, so its gonna be mostly sad single losers like myself, and college kids who either dont have class at that time, or took class off to play the game.
Should be fun.

the menu screen is 3D rendered and actually looks nice.

you must login to the EU servers @ 11pm PST to name reserve.
Make your name and then log off.
Names are GLOBAL so you will lose your "horsecum" if someone signs on before you on EU and uses that name.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Got on early because I used an EU server.
Game is pretty, but not much fun. Its got your standard over the shoulder hack n slash action, which I dont love. Lots of dodging and parrying. And most of the quests are your standard "go kill 5 bunnies and skin them and we'll give you a stupid hat for a reward" type.
I got bored quickly, and refunded to steam just under my two hour mark.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
The server situation is over the top stupid right now. Was able to get in near US launch this morning and get to level 11 or so. Tried to get back in and was 460 in queue and it didn't move in over an hour. I know it's the typical launch day issues, but Amazon has the hardware to muscle past this.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Got on early because I used an EU server.
Game is pretty, but not much fun. Its got your standard over the shoulder hack n slash action, which I dont love. Lots of dodging and parrying. And most of the quests are your standard "go kill 5 bunnies and skin them and we'll give you a stupid hat for a reward" type.
I got bored quickly, and refunded to steam just under my two hour mark.
I'm not a fan of games that are not instanced. I don't want to have to wait for my turn to fight a boss or just have chaotic battles with random people running around.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
After spending more time playing queue screen over two days than the actual game, I refunded with Steam. I guess the upside with the long queue wait was giving me time to really think about the game. In the little time I played, it just felt like a bunch of fetch quests with people fighting over slowly spawning mobs or items. The rush to level up meant ignoring the story which was pretty light to begin with.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
It's decent enough of an mmo, i haven't had any issues getting in but i haven't tried logging in during prime time hours, this was the queue last night for the servers that had streamers on them

1632993289077.png

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
I've been playing on one of the new servers they split off Tuesday evening. A bit of a queue when first connecting, but it usually clears after about a couple of minutes or so, then it's smooth.