• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Discussion New World - Amazon's MMO releasing 8/25

viivo

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
The official release date is August 25th, but there's an early access (called closed beta for some reason) that begins on July 23rd for those who pre-ordered.

I'm very much looking forward to it despite the fact that it's free to play. Normally I would avoid any F2P MMO, but the genre has hit hard times and you take what you can get, toxic community be damned. I am beyond burned out on FFXIV, GW2, and ESO, so a new Western Fantasy MMO is what I've been waiting for. My only concern is that there is a 99% chance it will be drowning in Pay to Win, and if it's not there at launch, then the P2W elements will be slowly implemented over the course of its first year.

Is anyone else looking forward to this game?

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
it's going to be terrible, and it's not free to play, unless you mean no monthly fee....that said i'll be playing, it should have at least a month worth of entertainment.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Normally I would avoid any F2P MMO, but the genre has hit hard times and you take what you can get, toxic community be damned.
There are a lot to pick from. Why not try Rift, for example? I still have old games like Fallen Earth, but man is that dated.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
it's going to be terrible, and it's not free to play, unless you mean no monthly fee....that said i'll be playing, it should have at least a month worth of entertainment.
Plus they have confirmed microtransactions however so far they have only admitted to cosmetics, although there are pre-order items that provide in game bonuses, so time will tell but if it's a full mmo I doubt you can honestly expect just cosmetic items for long as we have seen in 99.9% of the games sadly that do something similar.

Just have to wait and see.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
the siege and city ownership mechanics are what a lot of people have been complaining about, it's changed direction a number of times and has morphed into something very different

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
After what Amazon did with Crucible, I am wary of anything they produce until/unless they turn that situation around.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I'm astonished that Amazon did the correct thing, they've delayed it again, this time until spring of 2021

this is good imo, they really need to flesh it out

ASK THE COMMUNITY