New To AnandTech Forums...

May 31, 2001
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. ;) A friend told me about the site, and while I could read articles, etc., I could not sign up for the Forums without a e-mail address from a place other than HotMail, Yahopeless!, or the other free e-mail sites I use. After screwing up and losing two ID's to the ether, a Mod saved my butt and fixed my account up. :D

My friend, who will remain nameless unless he wishes to reveal himself on here, helped me build my first computer since my old Packard Hell 386SUX. Actually, he did most of the building and I watched. ;) I am running an Athlon 800mhz ThunderBird on an ABIT KT-7 RAID motherboard, in an Antec case large enough to park my car in. Only 128mb of Corsair RAM so far, but I am looking to add more soon. Also got an ELSA Gladiac GeForce2. Maybe not impressive to most of you, but I am happy with it. I just wish I had bought an OS other than WindowsME, which makes me want to commit seppuku every time it screws things up lately. :disgust:

Well, I like this place a lot already, and I look forward to frequenting the Forums. See you around. ;)

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Welcome! I'm the one everyone hates. You'll grow to hate me soon too (or, at least I'm pretty sure of it). Although, I don't know why they hate me, maybe they are jealous of my skills? Maybe they have no lives but to hate me? Or maybe they just don't like young'ins?

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
256 megs of RAM costs like 5 bucks right now ;), pony up the cash, man! :D

Welcome to AnandTech! :)

rc5

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
What I have to say will probably provoke a response from Mr. Shotgun Steve. He may label me "self-righteous" or even "moonstruck". I realize and accept that as a consequence of what I am about to say. However, I do decidedly hope that Mr. Steve will read everything I have to say before labeling me. Read on, gentle reader, and hear what I have to say. Mr. Steve should learn to appreciate what he has instead of feeling so oppressed because he can't do everything he wants, every time he wants to.

Individually, his manuscripts interfere with a person's work performance, bodily security, physical movement, or privacy rights. But linked together, his ideals could easily threaten, degrade, poison, bulldoze, and kill this world of ours. Let us not sink to his level. Let us combat nonrepresentationalism by exercising our right to speak out, to denounce his teachings as totally unrepresentative of the values of this society. I believe, way deep down, that Mr. Steve wants to make exhibitionism socially acceptable. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom, then you should be working with me to increase awareness and understanding of our similarities and differences. As for me, I have no bombs, no planes, no artillery, and no terrorist plots. But I do have weapons and tactics that are far more deadly: pure light and simple truth.

He is trying to deface property with racially and sexually derogatory epithets and offensive symbols. His mission? To transform our society into a vicious war machine. The cliches of Mr. Shotgun Steve's pronouncements are well-known to us all. So I make this debate. I hope it helps.

j/k

Welcome aboard. :)

May 31, 2001
Wow, that little rant of rc5's could have been something I might have written. ;) You really know how to make someone feel at home. :D

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001

<< Word. >>

Indeed
Word
Word yo
Word^10
Word Word (Word)^2
Wurd?
What the word
Worrrrrd
WORD!

goshdarnindie

May 6, 2001
After reading the words of RC5 I am going to go buy a gun, get on a public bus and then polish it. I'll see you on the 10 o'clock news!

Oh, welcome Steve.

Nerd

Banned
Mar 6, 2001
Welcome to the forums. That totally just sounded like &quot;I'm a tall white male, 6'5&quot; 140 pounds...&quot; When he was introducing his computer it sounded like that LOL.

Anyways, hope you're ready for a real addiction to these boards.

May 31, 2001

<< Welcome to the forums. That totally just sounded like &quot;I'm a tall white male, 6'5&quot; 140 pounds...&quot; When he was introducing his computer it sounded like that LOL.

>>

My manly PC is currently seeking a PC of the feminine persuasion, in hopes of fathering a horde of PDA's. Likes Battery back-ups, broadband, and first person shooters. Dislikes power spikes, dial-up, and viruses. :D

TommyWDetroit

Banned
Mar 27, 2001

<<

<< Welcome to the forums. That totally just sounded like &quot;I'm a tall white male, 6'5&quot; 140 pounds...&quot; When he was introducing his computer it sounded like that LOL.

>>

My manly PC is currently seeking a PC of the feminine persuasion, in hopes of fathering a horde of PDA's. Likes Battery back-ups, broadband, and first person shooters. Dislikes power spikes, dial-up, and viruses. :D
>>

ROFL I almost ruined a keyboard by spitting red dew all over it. :D

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Hope you have fun spammign the boards. J/K. Nice to me you sorta, I guess, well I reall haven't met you but ohh well. I bought did the same here TommyWDetroit cept it wasent red dew it was normal dew. Later

Josh

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Maetryx here, :cool:

What the hell, I'm a glory hound. I built the big ass computer for ShotgunSteve. It was cool because I couldn't afford to do mine right then, but I got to touch that big manly PC all over, and it was kind of like doing my own.

After fighting with all the firmware, patches and driver updates, I think ShotgunSteve almost retreated back into console oblivion, never to emerge again. But now that I tricked him into joining the AnandTech Forums....

May 31, 2001

<< Hi I am Imaginer. Welcome! :)

BTW, why the &quot;Shotgun&quot; in your nick?
>>

It is a name that some of my friends use to refer to me. There are many Steves in the world, but there is only one &quot;ShotgunSteve.&quot; ;)

ShotgunSteve-It is not just a name, it is an attitude. :D

Also, I own several shotguns, which may have helped contribute to the nick-name. ;)

May 31, 2001

<< Maetryx here, :cool:

What the hell, I'm a glory hound. I built the big ass computer for ShotgunSteve. It was cool because I couldn't afford to do mine right then, but I got to touch that big manly PC all over, and it was kind of like doing my own.

After fighting with all the firmware, patches and driver updates, I think ShotgunSteve almost retreated back into console oblivion, never to emerge again. But now that I tricked him into joining the AnandTech Forums....
>>

Yes, Maetryx is the one that built my mean machine. :D There were a couple of occassions where I considered upgrading my new PC with a shotgun, or perhaps a sledgehammer, as it was pissing me off so much. :p My re-entry into the PC experience did not start well, as the motherboard I bought had a defective BIOS chip that went up in smoke, literally. It had to be one of only two items I ordered online and did not buy locally that turned out to be defective. :disgust: Latest news on my rig is that the CD-ROM drive died after several months, and I just got word from Maetryx that the Warranty replacement drive is in, so now I can go pick it up, woohoo!