New Spiderman

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
As I play more I begin to realize the flaws. The camera during combat forces me to franticly press O to dodge because I can’t see what is coming. Also the web swinging leaves just a little bit to be desired with its imprecise turning corners and fighting the camera a bit. While doin certain missions I am forced to swing around wildly because I cannot precisely move to the point I need.
Yea, the more I play the more I see flaws. Like the random drug deals and car chases are becoming more boring as there is not much variation. Still fun as hell tho.

Asmodeus

Jun 26, 2017
Can't wait to pick this one up. I had a blast back in the day playing Spiderman 2 on the PS2. It will be neat to see how this one stacks up because that one was almost a perfect Spidey game.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
As I play more I begin to realize the flaws. The camera during combat forces me to franticly press O to dodge because I can’t see what is coming. Also the web swinging leaves just a little bit to be desired with its imprecise turning corners and fighting the camera a bit. While doin certain missions I am forced to swing around wildly because I cannot precisely move to the point I need.
This is one of the first things I noticed. The annoying camera angle while fighting sometimes makes it super difficult so I end up pressing random buttons. I have not had issues with swinging around. The car chases are pretty fun once I got the hang of it.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
This is one of the first things I noticed. The annoying camera angle while fighting sometimes makes it super difficult so I end up pressing random buttons. I have not had issues with swinging around. The car chases are pretty fun once I got the hang of it.

Some of the research missions require you to land on specific points or web certain spots within a time limit and it is frustrating to fight the controls and camera when you are racing the clock.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Just finished the game. Did everything except some of the challenge trial things and some of the secret photo locations. My save shows 99% done. Really good game but the boss fights unfortunately are the weakest part of the game. Story and voice acting are still great the whole way through.

Swinging through NYC is still fun even after the end. I never get tired of swinging around the city. I will definitely get the DLC when it comes out.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'm a little over 30% complete. Just unlocked research stations and did about 4 of them. I'm going to make the game last me until red dead 2 if I can, seeing how I haven't played it much.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Just finished the story. Fantastic game, and I think it ends quite well. Honestly the story in this game was better than many of the movies.

Not sure if I'll be keeping at it to get 100%. I only have a handful of suits left to unlock, but I'll have to get gold on a few more challenges to get them. I've tried a couple and couldn't get all the way there so I gave up. I've done everything else though.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'm 82% in the progress so far. Figured I'd make this last until red dead 2. The side stuff really roped me in because it was not very repetitive and and actually helps level up. The story I agree, it's great and has a lot to offer.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Just read that dlc is coming on the 28th. Surprising to see stuff so soon, but I'll wait to see how it's reviewed. It's apparently the first of 3 chapters you get with the dlc, so it's hard to say how lengthy each part will be.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Just finished the story. Fantastic game, and I think it ends quite well. Honestly the story in this game was better than many of the movies.

Not sure if I'll be keeping at it to get 100%. I only have a handful of suits left to unlock, but I'll have to get gold on a few more challenges to get them. I've tried a couple and couldn't get all the way there so I gave up. I've done everything else though.
The right power ups and gadgets for that particular challenge make things much easier. Stealth missions are simply trial and error for the right order to take the baddies down fast enough. I have a few research station missions left I think. But I lost interest, and have no desire to do them any time soon. Also waiting to see what the DLC brings to the table.

It was a fun play through, but it did feel like I played the game before. Very much the old Spiderman 2 meets Batman. Not being able to pummel the civilians like Hulk could is a bummer too.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Finally finished the game tonight. Made it last till red dead 2 haha. I got about 92-93 % complete. Only 4-5 saber and prisoner activities left that I didn't finish.

Really enjoyed the upgrades and once you're leveled up the combat and getting used to the dodging was not that difficult. I really enjoyed the story as well and overall it was a blast to play. The web slinging was fun and extra activities didn't bog me down too much. They did a great job on this title and I haven't played the previous ones either but this one felt like it was done right.

Of course now the black cat dlc is available but I plan on getting that way later down the line. It will include more story and other activities which I think in the general sense of the game should be fine seeing how I've enjoyed everything until the end.