New/Rebooted games that you want made.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
If there is a mod for x-com maybe you can try that.

I agree that Fallen Enchantress/Warlock aren't the same as MOM2.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Xwing or Tie Figher, hell make it both. We need to start a petition to disney. I think that's something old school PC gamers could get behind.

I pray that Star Citizen smashes all sorts of player count and sales records. It needs to send a message to publishers. We want hardcore flight simulators again. That genre is begging to be reinvented with current game development tech.

Also, I would like a Full Throttle game. I may need to try The Walking Dead because it looks similar in gameplay.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
Unreal Tournament (1999) -- but only if it is done properly.

It won't be.

To this day, I'm convinced Epic had no idea what they did RIGHT with that game and they failed over and over to reproduce the magic.

...but it's my wish too that UT gets remade.

1. Don't use UE3, but if it does, redesign character models to not look like Gears of War and redo physics to be true to the original.

2. Make deathmatch fun before adding superfluous game modes. If deathmatch and TDM/CTF isn't fun, quit making your game. You failed.

3. Don't add extra guns for the sake of adding guns, don't redesign the way guns fire. Shit like that doesn't need to be redesigned. How do you go from a rocket launcher that fires 6 rockets to 3? Whose idea was that?

4. Make maps less complicated detail wise, or at least contrast it well enough you can see enemies. Lots of geometry and effects are good, but being able to see your opponent in a split second is necessary for a twitch shooter.

5. UT99's UI was like a freaking operating system. Bring that back. We don't need no stinkin main menu, give me a taskbar.

6. Don't release 6 maps and then release 4 more at a time for $14.99 every six months. Greedy bastards. (I'm looking at you DiCE) Release a mapmaker and mod tools. Let the community make with the game what it wishes to in order to keep it alive and allow it to leave a legacy. UT99 has HUNDREDS of maps available, most fan made. So does HL2 Deathmatch. You know how satisfying it is to frag people in low gravity within a recreation of the Lobby set of 'The Matrix'? Satisfying. You know how satisfying it is to play the same 6 maps for 6 months? It's not.

7. Make swearing and gore cool and not lame...if the voice actor isn't accustomed to swearing...get a new one. 11 year olds on XboxLive can swear and cause anger, just record that. Swearing in games used to be so badass then they ruined it by making it sound unnatural and putting it everyone, thus making it feel out of place. UT99 is guilty of this too, but the swearing ends up being comical (and that's fine, UT99 was a bit cartoony anyway) but this is a new age, u mad bro?

8. Let people run their own servers with just a copy of the game...not much to say here except every game studio should not try to nickel and dime gamers to death. Want more positive cash flow? Go fire your marketing department. There, $75,000 x 8 / year extra easy.

9. Easy to read HUD. Doesn't need to be in rainbow colors, it needs to be like the dash of a car. Once glance and you get all the info you need. Remember that thing in UT99 that had a map of your body and when you got hit, it flashed the limb in which you got hit? That was cool (but pointless).

10. Focus on YOUR freaking game and not the best way to whore out your engine. Most games based on the UE3 engine were more fun than UT3...does anyone find that slightly humorous?

Man I did not think this post would be this long. Anyone want to add to this rant is welcome, and if someone else could rant about the Need For Speed series that'd be great.

Last edited:

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I want someone to bring back an old school D&D game a la Pool of Radiance and the Krynn games. That would be sweet.

Then again, I guess I could go back and play Baldurs Gate 1/2 and Planescape Torment to get my fill. Different style but similar result. I never did finish those games for one reason or another. Example: I was missing a disc for BG1. Something happened to the PC I was playing 2 on, etc. I did like Icewind Dale though.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
A cool space sim for sure.

I like the city simulators etc too. I know a new Sim City is coming out - we'll see how that goes.

aaksheytalwar

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2012
Age of Empires
Age of Mythology
UT2004
A proper NFS
A proper NFS Most Wanted
NFS Porsche
Quake 3
FutureCop
Roller coaster Tycoon
Zoo Tycoon
Simtower

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Age of Mythology
Anacronox (remake and/or sequel)
KOTOR 3, and a fixed KOTOR 2, and a KOTOR 1 with the improved interface.
Dungeon Keeper, both enhanced versions of the old games and a new sequel.
A remade Baldurs Gate that includes both games with all the fixes.

more later.....

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
These titles I would say don't even need a full remake, just update the engine so it's playable on today's PC's and the eye-candy is nice. But full remake would be fine too.

Battlezone 1 & 2
Thief 1 & 2
Jedi Knight
Rainbow Six 1-3
Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2
Age of Empires 1

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
These titles I would say don't even need a full remake, just update the engine so it's playable on today's PC's and the eye-candy is nice. But full remake would be fine too.
Thats what I want from about 200 games, yeah.

FYI, they redid FF7 for PC, which is a good thing cuz getting the old one running is a bitch.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I want someone to bring back an old school D&D game a la Pool of Radiance and the Krynn games. That would be sweet.

Then again, I guess I could go back and play Baldurs Gate 1/2 and Planescape Torment to get my fill. Different style but similar result. I never did finish those games for one reason or another. Example: I was missing a disc for BG1. Something happened to the PC I was playing 2 on, etc. I did like Icewind Dale though.
I JUST before loading this post brought up pool of radiance on youtube.

Big-party RPG used to be the thing, and now very few games require the user to maintain multiple party members, certainly not 5 additional ones. In their defense, though, the last game I played with a large party I hated. Just couldn't be bothered to manage them all.

---

Surprised nobody has said Wing Commander, that was a good series.

JechtShot

Feb 18, 2007
Thief: The Dark Project
Unreal
Rollercoaster Tycoon (1st one, no expansions)
The Sims (1st one, no expansions)
Tyrian
Tomb Raider (1st one only)

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
for all you Master of Magic guys, try Age of Wonders 2.

as for me, i would love a new Might and Magic game. party based FPS RPG with pausing and many skills and loot, free roaming large maps, and flying!
I tried Grimrock, it was fun until level 10 or so. some of the riddles frustrated the hair out of my head!

oh oh and a fantasy themed RTS/RPG game like Shadow of the Horned Rat!

<obligatory BG2,FreeSpace2,KOTOR3 etc' etc' here>

Last edited: