New/Rebooted games that you want made.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 25, 2011
They brought back XCOM: UFO Defense/XCOM: Enemy Unknown lately, that I think was great.

NEED MOAR TFTD.

I'd also like a fully 3D space shooter like X-Wing, or maybe a sequel to Freespace 2.

Or hell, even a remake of 1 & 2. (And yes, I know about the Open Freespace Engine project. Yes, it runs under Win7. No, I don't think it looks any better, and it doesn't support Eyefinity/Surround, so WHARBLGHARBL.)

Soggysocks

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2001
How about "Hellbender". Was a Windows '95 game that came on the windows install cd. Updated and expanded version would be great.

Oct 30, 2004
I second Neverwinter Nights--bring back free, private server-based Dungeons and Dragons online multiplayer.

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
Planescape:Torment (PC)
River City Ransom (NES)
NARC (NES)
Quake / DOOM / UT (PC)
Killer Instinct (Arcade)
DragonForce (Sega Saturn)

Feb 4, 2009
I'd love classic EQ1 just as it started, opens the expansions every quarter just simply make it look better and have a few more areas to explore. EQ3 may not be this....

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
I want a new Star Wars Rebellion. Even just one that's been graphically touched up would be ok.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

Remade with all the areas that were scrapped because they ran out of time / resources to do it the first time around. Ex...The original Cordon was twice as big, and they completely cut out "Dead City."

I also want it to include Limansk and the Swamps, from ClearSky, as well as the map areas from CoP. One game encompassing the entire Zone!!

...........and make it in CryEngine3, so the entire world would be accessible from top to bottom without load screens.

There isn't an awesome face in existence that would describe the way I would feel if this were done.

Last edited:

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
sid meier's gettysburg.

the take command games are solid, but there was something magical about sid's version that made it relevant over a decade

OSULugan

Feb 22, 2003
I loved Master of Orion and Master of Orion 2 but hated Master of Orion 3 which sucked

You mean "Master of the Next Turn Button"?

I want to see the Alternate Reality Series re-done, and brought all the way to completion.

Ultralight

Jul 11, 2004
Thief 1 and 2 with better graphics while retaining the atmosphere but leave the story lines alone!

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Rescue on Fractalus was awesome. Amazing 3D game unbelievably ahead of it's time. Along with Ballblazer. Both of those were mind-blowing on the Atari800 / Commodore 64.

Another was a 3D RPG called "Alternate Reality". It had more style and substance than most games of today. I would love to see it given the treatment it deserves. In fact, it appears much of the script of "The Matrix" was lifted from AR. (Or it was coincidence of epic proportions) Amazing for a game from the mid 80s!

Loose plot: Aliens kidnap humans, and put them in pods. Humans "awake" in a medievel city (or huge underground dungeon in the sequal). They fight for survival, at the amusement of the aliens. A staggering amount of weapons, armor, potions, clothing. A fantastic guild based magic system, where you join a guild, who issues a ring which holds stored magic power. Once your ring power is depleted, you can get it recharged, for a fee, at the guild. You can continue to cast spells with an empty ring, but it will deplete your energy reserver. If your energy reserves are depleted, it'll drain your hit points. You can join multiple guilds, one as a main member, where you keep a locker, and have advanced options. Others as an associate member, where you can take avantage of things like spells, and curse removals.

I can go on, but I'm sure there's a wiki page. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of the reboot of Battlezone. I loved BZ 1 and 2. Flying tank RTS? More please!

Of course I'd also like to see another 2d Fallout. I loved FO3 and NV, but it's not the turn based awesomeness of yore.

Let's hope Wasteland and Project: Eternity scatch a lot of these itches. In fact, Kickstarter might grant ouR wishes the more we let them be known. Many of us aren't looking for a 10 million dollar budget. Just modernized with as much spit, polish, and love as the developers can give it.

How about a real "Bard's Tale" reboot. There are so many older games that still have so much more left to give.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
I really enjoyed Freespace 2 as well, great music, great star ships and great action :)

yup. epic game. chris roberts has his panties in a bunch over a 1km cap ship in star citizen. way to go dude, the colossus would eat that for lunch.

would love a freespace 3 more than almost anything.

stevty2889

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2003
There are two MoM type games that were recently released : Warlock and Fallen Enchantress. You can get your fix on those if you want.

Neither of these give me my Master of Magic fix. Played both for a little while, then went right back to Master of Magic.

Same applies for the new X-COM, it was fun for a single playthrough, but too damn short, and missions too repetitive, so I went back to TFTD.

Give me more of the new x-com with more UFO's to shoot down, more mission maps, and more technology to research.