Question new liquid cooler high temeprature

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
I just installed NZXT X73 on i9 10900k but temperature still going till 100 in OOCT test and bad luck that deepcool castle ex was same so there is no use of upgrading it? my money is wasted?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Not sure how long that AIO will be available. My local Amazon is selling it for less than $100. Only reason I haven't picked it up is that it doesn't support anything other than LGA1200. If you are really interested in the idea of a TEC, you should pick it up. It has a normal mode and an uncontrolled mode. It will draw up to 250W of its own power to cool the CPU to subzero temperature in uncontrolled mode but there is no guarantee that condensation won't ruin your PC. The normal mode is OK but nothing stellar. I think that's why Coolermaster/Intel abandoned the idea and didn't release a successor to it.
The TEC chiller probably draws more than its share of power. If they had trouble keeping the unit in the "controlled" mode, then there very well might arise problems with the condensation. I think to avoid this you would need some sort of shaped foam-rubber block to cover the cooler or eliminate contact with air.
I'd always flirted with exotic cooling ideas but never made the decision to actually try any. Simplest designs are always the ones to be preferred when you are building a system that has to be reliable.

Reactions: igor_kavinski