New Account

despotr

Jan 23, 2022
hello! i've got to visit turkey someday, i would love to see the gobekli tepe, sardis, ephesus and istanbul
hi sir, you should definitely. Istanbul is great a city, but i didn't. :sweatsmile:
I live in Konya. Turkey's geographically largest city (city of hearts.)

Reactions: dank69

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Hi guys, I'm Mustafa, I'm new to this forum;
I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place.My aim is to learn foreign cultures, meet new people and improve my English.
by the way i am joining from Turkey

View attachment 56404

Be advised that the vast majority of recent new members have turned out to be some variety of "spam-bot" ... in other words not human.

I'm not saying that YOU are a 'bot I just want you to understand why many folks here may be hesitant to interact with you much at first. (its not personal)

Having said all that I'll take the optimistic route and assume you are in fact a real person!

:D

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Welcome.
wavey.gif

Reactions: despotr

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Be advised that the vast majority of recent new members have turned out to be some variety of "spam-bot" ... in other words not human.

I'm not saying that YOU are a 'bot I just want you to understand why many folks here may be hesitant to interact with you much at first. (its not personal)

Having said all that I'll take the optimistic route and assume you are in fact a real person!

I remember that one bot you "exploded" with kindness.

despotr

Jan 23, 2022
Son zamanlardaki yeni üyelerin büyük çoğunluğunun bir çeşit "spam-bot" olduğu ortaya çıktı ... başka bir deyişle insan değil.

SİZİN bir robot olduğunuzu söylemiyorum, sadece buradaki birçok insanın ilk başta sizinle etkileşim kurmakta neden tereddüt ettiğini anlamanızı istiyorum. (kişisel değil)

Tüm bunları söyledikten sonra iyimser bir yol izleyeceğim ve sizin aslında gerçek bir insan olduğunuzu varsayacağım !

[/ALINTI YAPMAK]
Hi guys, I'm Mustafa, I'm new to this forum;
I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place.My aim is to learn foreign cultures, meet new people and improve my English.
by the way i am joining from Turkey

View attachment 56404
Ahahaha I laughed so much at this 😂 but thank you admin.
You're not that WWE wrestler that recently got fired are you?....:)
I'm just an ordinary person 😂
Thank you sir😅
welcome and good luck.
Thank you so much 😇 I want to have a good time with you and in the forum

you are all friendly people. I did some research on Turkish forum sites to find this place and they recommended you.

Reactions: Captante

despotr

Jan 23, 2022
nice song, but the animations are degrading. Turks are not Arabs and they are not barbarians, I think Europe thinks so. If you know them, you know that they are very sincere people. I'm sorry if I said something offensive

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
nice song, but the animations are degrading. Turks are not Arabs and they are not barbarians, I think Europe thinks so. If you know them, you know that they are very sincere people. I'm sorry if I said something offensive
Not offensive at all brother. I'm sure these guys will try to do better.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

yes sorry, that is true, cartoons back in the 1990s definitely were more stereotyped. i did not realize what turkey really was like until i started started studying history more as an adult.

i started researching and collecting ancient coins, and learned that they were invented by the lydians of west turkey about 2700 years ago

BMC_06.jpg

Reactions: dank69 and Captante

despotr

Jan 23, 2022
yes sorry, that is true, cartoons back in the 1990s definitely were more stereotyped. i did not realize what turkey really was like until i started started studying history more as an adult.

i started researching and collecting ancient coins, and learned that they were invented by the lydians of west turkey about 2700 years ago

BMC_06.jpg
You can look at Turks from every corner of history. For example, let's look at Mustafa Kemal Atatürk's Turkey, which the whole world admires. A person who conquers hearts with his innovations and reforms, but with his courage. He opened his heart to all children and people.

Reactions: dank69

despotr

Jan 23, 2022

BMC_06.jpg
Nice collection are you have more coins?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Turkish music was so in during the late 18th century. Mozart wrote an ending to one of his sonatas with the instruction alla turca and one of the variations of Beethoven's Ode to Joy was clearly inspired by Turkish band music.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Turkish music was so in during the late 18th century. Mozart wrote an ending to one of his sonatas with the instruction alla turca and one of the variations of Beethoven's Ode to Joy was clearly inspired by Turkish band music.

ah yes, i played "ronda alla turca" for one of my recitals a long time ago