Neverending Rock Band DLC Thread

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Yeah, such sad news. I'm hoping that DLC is in more of a "holding pattern" for a X720 version of Rock Band vs. stopping completely.

Really wanted at least one Hootie song.

Sorry, the closest you can get to Hootie is Alright by Darius Rucker. :p

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Another Blitz week, so not much to see here except the pro upgrade for Give It Away. There's only one more Blitz week left after this one.

DLC Week of 3/1 - 3 Blitz Singles: Red Hot Chili Peppers (w/ Pro!), AAR, & Blink-182!

Hey gang,

On March 5th, tracks previously available as part of Rock Band Blitz will be made available for download as singles in the Rock Band Music Store! These tracks include All-American Rejects’ “Kids in the Street,” Blink-182’s “Always,” and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Give It Away.” An optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade will be available for “Give It Away”!

Players can still pick up the controller-based arcade rhythm action of Rock Band Blitz on PlayStation®Network for $14.99 and Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points™. Rock Band Blitz comes with the above songs, along with 23 more hit tracks, all fully compatible with a full band and instruments in Rock Band 3!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 5th, 2013):

• All-American Rejects – “Kids in the Street” O

• Blink-182 – “Always” O

• Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Give It Away” O X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 6th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
Now that Harmonix has announced the end of DLC for Dance Central 3, I'm almost convinced that the DLC has stopped in anticipation of next gen console offerings and that the purchases aren't going to be transferable between the consoles. I bet we get Rock Band 4 and Dance Central 4 @ E3 with a fall launch.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Now that Harmonix has announced the end of DLC for Dance Central 3, I'm almost convinced that the DLC has stopped in anticipation of next gen console offerings and that the purchases aren't going to be transferable between the consoles. I bet we get Rock Band 4 and Dance Central 4 @ E3 with a fall launch.

I wouldn't be surprised by Dance Central 4 for the new Kinect version, but RB4 is doubtful considering that HMX has said that no new RB titles are currently in development.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Two eighties hits up next week. Not bad but I would have preferred Africa as the Toto track.

EDIT: Sadly, Harmonix said that Toto was nearly a 3-pack but there was a problem with the licensing. Africa, Hold the Line and Rosanna together would have been awesome.

DLC Week of 3/8 - Oingo Boingo's "Weird Science" and Toto's "Rosanna"!

Hey gang,

On March 12th, American new wave band Oingo Boingo’s “Weird Science,” from the band’s fourth studio album, 1985’s Dead Man’s Party, will hit the Rock Band Music Store! Led by composer/vocalist Danny Elfman, Oingo Boingo wrote the track for the cult classic 1985 sci-fi comedy film of the same name.

Toto’s Grammy Award-winning single “Rosanna,” from the 1982 album Toto IV, will also be available! Both “Rosanna” and “Weird Science” will feature support for keyboards; an option Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade will be available for “Weird Science” for an additional $0.99!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 12th, 2013):

• Oingo Boingo – “Weird Science” O X

• Toto – “Rosanna” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 13th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Last edited:

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
This is the final week of Blitz repeats, thank goodness. There's a new pro upgrade for Jungle Boogie. After this, 2 weeks of new content, but one of those is only 1 song.

DLC Week of 3/19 - Last Blitz Singles: Kool & The Gang, Shinedown, & Tears For Fears!

Hey gang,

On March 19th, tracks previously available as part of Rock Band Blitz will be made available for download as singles in the Rock Band Music Store! These tracks include Kool & The Gang’s “Jungle Boogie,” Shinedown’s “Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay),” and Tears For Fears’ “Shout.” An optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade will be available for “Jungle Boogie”!

Players can still pick up the controller-based arcade rhythm action of Rock Band Blitz on PlayStation®Network for $14.99 and Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points™. Rock Band Blitz comes with the above songs, along with 22 more hit tracks, all fully compatible with a full band and instruments in Rock Band 3!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 19th, 2013):

• Kool & the Gang – “Jungle Boogie” O X

• Shinedown – “Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)” O

• Tears For Fears – “Shout” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 19th)

Price:

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
OK guys, this is it. Not only do I have next week's final pack for you (Chevelle), but also the final song being released on 4/2 is confirmed as American Pie by Don McLean. If it wasn't the last song I'd be happy to say I called it. :p

I will still post the official last announcement next week, but this pretty much wraps it up.

DLC Week of 3/26 - 3 Pack from Chevellle!

Hey gang,

With over four million albums sold in the United States alone, American rock band Chevelle will make their debut on the Rock Band Music Store on March 26th!

Two tracks from their second record, 2002’s Wonder What’s Next, kicks off “Chevelle Pack 01.” The second single from the album, “Send the Pain Below” peaked at number one on Billboard’s Modern Rock Tracks. “The Red,” the lead single from Wonder What’s Next, peaked at an impressive number four on Billboard’s Mainstream Rock Tracks. Finally, the first single from the band’s sixth studio album, Hats Off to the Bull, “Face to the Floor,” will round out the three-pack.

Additionally, an optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansion will be available for “The Red” for $0.99.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 26th, 2013)

• Chevelle – “Send the Pain Below”

• Chevelle – “The Red” X

• Chevelle – “Face to the Floor”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 27th)

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Chevelle Pack 01”

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Well, this is it, the final official DLC release. It's nice that it went out on such a classic song. So long and thanks for all the fish!

DLC Week of 4/2 - End of a 281 Week DLC Streak - Don McLean's "American Pie"!

DON MCLEAN’S “AMERICAN PIE” COMES TO ROCK BAND! RELEASE MARKS THE END OF NEW WEEKLY ROCK BAND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT AFTER 281 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF RELEASES!

Cambridge, Mass. – March 29th, 2013 – Harmonix today announced that Don McLean’s “American Pie” is headed to the Rock Band™ Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

The Rock Band catalog includes the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums, featuring more than 1,400 artists and more than 4,000* tracks via disc and download purchase (complete list of tracks at www.rockband.com/songs). Rock Band’s gigantic music library has grown over the past 5+ years through an unbelievable streak of weekly DLC releases that dwarfs that of any other video game on the market in terms of sheer pieces of content. Recently Harmonix confirmed that more than 130 million songs have been sold through the Rock Band Music Store since its launch on Nov. 20, 2007.

Tracks downloaded from the Rock Band Music Store are compatible with the award-winning full-band Rock Band 3 experience, as well as the controller-based rhythm-action title, Rock Band Blitz, available now on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade!

Though this marks the end of new weekly DLC releases, Harmonix plans to continue support for the thousands of active Rock Band fans through ongoing Rock Band Network releases, server support and back-catalog promotions. Rock and Roll never dies, and Rock Band will keep rocking for years to come.

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™

On April 2nd, singer-songwriter Don McLean’s signature hit, “American Pie,” comes to the Rock Band Music Store. From McLean’s 1971 album of the same name, this legendary folk-rock track spent four weeks as a number one song on U.S. Billboard’s Hot 100!

The release of “American Pie” marks the end of a 281 consecutive week run of weekly releases of new music content, resulting in an amazing catalog of more than 4,000 playable tracks from music’s biggest artists! Harmonix is proud to release this song as our finale to a 5 year labor of love.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (April 2nd):

• Don McLean – “American Pie” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system April 3rd)

Price:

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Didn't someone guess it was going to be American Pie? I'm definitely picking that up.

Thanks for putting this thread together, Pheran. It was a fun trip.

Rock Band revolutionized gaming in so many ways, bringing 50 years of music tracks from every genre together to be experienced in a new, interactive way. I'll be playing it as long as my plastic instruments hold out, which, based on the condition of my drums and guitar, will not be as long as this music has stayed great!

grohl

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2004
I recently picked up a nice modded Ion Drum kit for RB on craigslist. The controller is for XBOX and I need one for PS3. These are tough to find, apparently. If anyone has one and wants to part with it, or if you need a XBOX one, please let me know.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I recently picked up a nice modded Ion Drum kit for RB on craigslist. The controller is for XBOX and I need one for PS3. These are tough to find, apparently. If anyone has one and wants to part with it, or if you need a XBOX one, please let me know.

You'd probably have better luck asking on the Rock Band forums.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Well, I absolutely never expected to update this thread again, but shockingly out of nowhere, Harmonix is releasing 3 new tracks tomorrow! No word yet on whether this is a one-off or if they plan to release more things in the future. As usual (maybe not so usual anymore) the OP has YouTube links for these songs.

For anyone who's hungering for even more Rock Band DLC, I highly encourage you to check out the amazing work that Customs Creators Collective is doing. They have put out a ton of great unofficial DLC releases, and using them (at least on an Xbox 360) doesn't require any console modding, though you will need to have a PC and USB flash drive in order to transfer the songs.

ROCK BAND™ MUSIC STORE SPRINGS TO LIFE WITH NEW MUSIC FROM ARCTIC MONKEYS, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, AND FOO FIGHTERS!

Cambridge, Mass. – January 12th, 2015 – Harmonix today announced that new tracks from Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, and Foo Fighters are headed to the Rock Band™ Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Rock Band provides the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums through the Rock Band music platform, which features more than 1,400 artists and more than 3,500* tracks via disc and download purchase (complete list of tracks at www.rockband.com/songs). Rock Band’s gigantic music library dwarfs that of any other rhythm video game on the market. More than 100 million songs have been sold through the Rock Band Music Store since its launch on Nov. 20, 2007.

Tracks downloaded from the Rock Band Music Store are compatible with the award-winning full-band Rock Band 3 experience, as well as the controller-based rhythm-action title, Rock Band Blitz, available now on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade!

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system

On Tuesday, January 13th, new music from Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, and Foo Fighters will hit the Rock Band Music Store!

“R U Mine?” marks the first appearance of the Grammy Award winning Arctic Monkeys on the Rock Band platform. From 2013’s critically acclaimed album AM, “R U Mine?” – with its driving riffs, syncopated rock beats, and memorable hook – is perfect for Artic Monkeys’ Rock Band debut.

One of the most fan requested artists, Avenged Sevenfold, makes their return to Rock Band with “Shepherd Of Fire.” The track comes from the band’s sixth studio record, 2013’s Billboard chart-topping Hail to the King.

Foo Fighters’ “Something From Nothing” from the band’s latest, 2014’s Sonic Highways, will also be available for download. Heard in the opening sequence of the hit HBO music documentary series Sonic Highways, directed by Foo Fighters’ frontman Dave Grohl, “Something From Nothing” topped the charts when it was released last October.

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (January 13th, 2015):

• Arctic Monkeys – “R U Mine?”
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Shepherd Of Fire”
• Foo Fighters – “Something From Nothing”

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per song

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 21st)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Yeah, such sad news. I'm hoping that DLC is in more of a "holding pattern" for a X720 version of Rock Band vs. stopping completely.

Really wanted at least one Hootie song.

I know this is a response to a really old post, but C3 has, believe it or not, the full Cracked Rear View album available for download. :)

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
I wouldn't mind a new Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero for the new consoles, though the games always wore on me after a bit because I didn't love the tracks they offered.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Rock Band is currently Taking a Survey about a possible Rock Band 4.

Imo, they'll probably announce sometime this year.

Just filled out the survey.

They are missing a critical question here, in my opinion. They asked what "functional" instruments people have, but nowhere did they ask whether people would want to be able to buy new instruments. The closest thing was a question about buying a new game with a full set of instruments. I have "functional" instruments that are in terrible shape, and many people will answer that they only have a functional guitar, mic, or drums, but not be able to indicate that they WANT more instruments.

The reason this is critical is that for RB3, Harmonix basically handed off manufacturing instruments to a third-party, and if they can't support the hardware needs of players this time around, they're going to miss out on a big potential audience. RB3 instruments were gone in the blink of an eye, it seemed - I wasn't even able to replace my RB1 drum set without paying a huge markup.

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Just filled out the survey.

They are missing a critical question here, in my opinion. They asked what "functional" instruments people have, but nowhere did they ask whether people would want to be able to buy new instruments. The closest thing was a question about buying a new game with a full set of instruments. I have "functional" instruments that are in terrible shape, and many people will answer that they only have a functional guitar, mic, or drums, but not be able to indicate that they WANT more instruments.

The reason this is critical is that for RB3, Harmonix basically handed making off instruments to a third-party, and if they can't support the hardware needs of players this time around, they're going to miss out on a big potential audience. RB3 instruments were gone in the blink of an eye, it seemed - I wasn't even able to replace my RB1 drum set without paying a huge markup.

It's an odd thought anyway, because you can't even use last gen controllers with current gen systems. Are they planning on making some sort of adapter? It's been long enough that I don't see it working without new instruments.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
I think it's a question mostly about their willingness to put the game on last-gen consoles. So, if you still have and use your 360 instruments, they want to know if you're interested in re-using them. I assume that's why they ask about console choice a couple of times.

I filled it out as well. If they put it on the new consoles, I'll probably get it with the drums for the One. I always liked them more than the guitars, but they were also pretty fragile.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I still play this every now and then with my friends, I would most likely buy a new game if it came out. As for the instruments, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but when I looked on ebay a few months ago prices for new guitars on there were ridiculous (like 170$). I ended up buying a replacement strum bar to fix my rock band 2 guitar and it's really nice (cost me like 20$) but I wouldn't mind new instruments if they weren't too expensive. I wish I had stocked up when rock band 3 came out, I remember seeing brand new guitars for 20$ or so because people were trying to dump them.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
I just opened up a brand-new Guitar Hero Les Paul Xbox 360 guitar, which I'd saved in the box for years, thinking I might sell it. Alas, yet another of my guitars broke recently (strum bar of course), which forced my hand. I'm now down to that Les Paul and the RB3 Pro guitar.

And my RB1 (wired!) drums are literally held together by duct tape...

Since I'm not interested in the new consoles, I do hope Harmonix releases the game for previous-gen hardware AND provides new hardware for those systems. Wishful thinking, I know, but the Xbox 360 is not only used by millions of people, it's also still actively marketed by Microsoft, so, there's always hope...

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I just opened up a brand-new Guitar Hero Les Paul Xbox 360 guitar, which I'd saved in the box for years, thinking I might sell it. Alas, yet another of my guitars broke recently (strum bar of course), which forced my hand. I'm now down to that Les Paul and the RB3 Pro guitar.

And my RB1 (wired!) drums are literally held together by duct tape...

Since I'm not interested in the new consoles, I do hope Harmonix releases the game for previous-gen hardware AND provides new hardware for those systems. Wishful thinking, I know, but the Xbox 360 is not only used by millions of people, it's also still actively marketed by Microsoft, so, there's always hope...

If you wanna fix your strum bar I'd recommend this: http://www.bytearts.com/strummer/

I bought one and it's far better than the stock strum bar was and has held up great. I know the site looks like something from geocities days but I did receive it and it worked great.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Woah new tracks! Looks like I might have to dust off my 360 and Fender RB3 controller.