vlatkovr

Nov 18, 2005
Hi,

We've recently bought an apartment which actually consists of 2 separate apartments, i.e. we just teared down a wall between both.

Now my router is at one end of the apartment hence the WLAN strength at the other end is extremely weak.

I was thinking of buying Poweline adapters but then I realized that the it is actually 2 apartments with separate fuseboxes. Will the powerline adapters work from one apartment to the other as the signal will have to cross the fuseboxes. Ay experiences regarding this.

Thx

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
Probably be easier to have your ISP relocated the modem to a more central location. With a good router or even better dedicated AP you shoulnt have any issue with coverage through most aparment construction unless it is really big.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
The performance is quite unpredictable with PLN but might work for Wi-Fi speeds. I would say to use the PLN unit within the same circuit and place a UniFi access point more towards the center (near the wall that used to separate the apartments). The UniFi will have no trouble covering both apartments and probably even do better at the modem area than the existing wireless.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Why not run a wire to the middle where the wall used to be and put the router there?