Netflix geoblocking - Whiners gonna whine

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
From what I've heard there are still a few of the DNS unblocking services that work. Alternately there are VPN providers that will provide you with a dedicated IP registered to an internet service provider, that due to not being shared with other VPN users will never be blocked.

I use one of those on our HTPC for US Netflix & Hulu, problem ? :D

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
That's cheap compared to anime dvds. I remember Trigun working out to about ten bux and episode with the initial Pioneer release in NA.

Yes I bought it.

For Trigun you'll pay your fucking ten dollars an episode and like it. :colbert:

Herr Kutz

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
The whole rights thing is ridiculous, there's so much political BS in the entertainment industry. It's not really Netflix's fault but just the overall industry's fault, that this is even a thing. These companies need to get their heads out of their asses and actually embrace the idea that content can now be delivered anywhere in the world and allow content providers like Netflix to do it.

On similar thought I hate that there are so many different netflix clones now, what is going to end up happening is all the content is going to be split across all these different services, then we're back to regular cable TV. You want to watch this show? You need to subscribe to this channel too!

You also need to remember it's not always the ebil companies' fault. For example, some governments require a certain percentage of content originate from the country, and guess what, Netflix has to pay for that too. (And when I say Netflix pays for it I really mean the customers)

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
From what I've heard there are still a few of the DNS unblocking services that work. Alternately there are VPN providers that will provide you with a dedicated IP registered to an internet service provider, that due to not being shared with other VPN users will never be blocked.

I use one of those on our HTPC for US Netflix & Hulu, problem ? :D

Which provider does this? What does it cost?