Netanyahu flip flops on Palestinian statehood, 2 days after winning election

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Bibi fucked up. He told the truth. It's been the truth all along, even if most of America didn't want to believe it. He revealed the fact that that the American-Israeli relationship is based on a lie, the lie of seeking Peace. They already have all the Peace they need to do what they want. Perpetual occupation & ongoing expropriation are entirely acceptable to them, preferable to any Peace possible.

Yep. Netanyahu's big mistake here was to abandon the convenient fiction. Everyone knew he was likely lying when he said he supported the two state solution before, but like with the nuclear issue, strategic ambiguity was his friend.

It's nice to see the White House twisting his arm and not allowing him to simply throw his prior statements down the memory hole. I'm interested to see where this goes, but it had the potential to reshape the mutually destructive relationship we have had with Israel for several decades now.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Since it worked GOP will take a lesson for 2016 by promoting...

1. We will repeal the 64 Civil Rights Act and 65 Voting Rights Act.

2. Remind their base, "get out to vote because those black people are voting in droves"

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Since it worked GOP will take a lesson for 2016 by promoting...

1. We will repeal the 64 Civil Rights Act and 65 Voting Rights Act.

2. Remind their base, "get out to vote because those black people are voting in droves"

Cute, but you got the party wrong. That was the Democrat party campaign slogan in 1964.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
who here actually thinks netanyahu or israel in general has any interest in peace? the nation is a war machine, and it has really no purpose besides creating problems for everyone around it. i dont even think israel has much industry besides weapons, military, and cyber. tourism i guess

it really is a big screwup on israel's part to reelect the guy. it appears israel thinks that it can do whatever it wants. it doesnt even have respect for the usa of all places, talk about biting the hand that feeds. if i was obama israel would be undergoing a 'regime change'

good news is that iran will now be a good ally to us. who the hell needs israel when we can have iran? i would much much rather have a good relationship with a huge country with good relations with its neighbors and a thriving economy than a parasite neo-fascist theocracy with a habit of attacking all its neighbors at once and an economy in shambles

Boy,you must take the good drugs. :eek:
..the kind that are also elements. :D
"iran will now be a good ally to us" Is this the Bizarro world or something?
The US screwed around in Iran when it shouldn't have.The US screwed around in Iraq when it shouldn't have.
Iran especially is not happy about it.

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
Bibi fucked up. He told the truth. It's been the truth all along, even if most of America didn't want to believe it. He revealed the fact that that the American-Israeli relationship is based on a lie, the lie of seeking Peace. They already have all the Peace they need to do what they want. Perpetual occupation & ongoing expropriation are entirely acceptable to them, preferable to any Peace possible.

...I agree with Jhhnn completely on something.

6r8ssh.jpg

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
2days?!
now that blatant flip-flop puts every American politician to shame.

whiplash anyone?

wow...

I thought throwing support towards a two-state solution would be a good thing. If only we had this much outrage toward our current president.