Netanyahu flip flops on Palestinian statehood, 2 days after winning election

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Learning from other world politicians.

Say what ever is needed to get into office and then what is needed to stay there.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Because a two-state solution is just right around the corner!

Words don't mean a thing. Say whatever gets the rabble into the voting booths, then say whatever you need to say so you don't burn bridges with your allies.

I'm going to go with no solutions for the immediate future. Immediate future being the next 25 years. Israel will continue doing what they've been doing in a slow-mo attempt to wait out the Palestinians.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Flip flippers tend to flock together, there's a reason why Romney and Netanyahu are friends;)

:p

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Because a two-state solution is just right around the corner!

Words don't mean a thing. Say whatever gets the rabble into the voting booths, then say whatever you need to say so you don't burn bridges with your allies.

I'm going to go with no solutions for the immediate future. Immediate future being the next 25 years. Israel will continue doing what they've been doing in a slow-mo attempt to wait out the Palestinians.

I guess Netanyahu isn't afraid of the voter backlash with this blatant about face.
nor afraid of his political enemies having a field day.

I wonder why?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Aren't both Israel and Palestine happy with the current state of things? Israel builds settlements wherever they want, the Palestinians starve behind a blockade and occasionally get hit with Israeli air strikes, and in return the Palestinians get to continue electing terrorists.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Bibi fucked up. He told the truth. It's been the truth all along, even if most of America didn't want to believe it. He revealed the fact that that the American-Israeli relationship is based on a lie, the lie of seeking Peace. They already have all the Peace they need to do what they want. Perpetual occupation & ongoing expropriation are entirely acceptable to them, preferable to any Peace possible.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
More to the eye here....
Republicans gave old Net a platform for winning, ie the US congress.
And like a republican, old Net went as far to mislead and outright lie just to get elected.
Exactly... what the republicans up for office in 2016 plan on doing as well.
Hell... Republicans have already started with their BS.
Suggesting they are pro middle class and pro poor.
Suggesting they are concerned about those in poverty.
Suggesting their party is the party of welcoming arms for minorities.

We'll hear a lot more of this twisted truth into BS as 2016 nears.
After all, it worked for old Net.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I happened to catch a bit of MSNBC after the N victory and they said he would walk this no peace thing back in days if it was in his political interest. All that matters to scum is winning.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I happened to catch a bit of MSNBC after the N victory and they said he would walk this no peace thing back in days if it was in his political interest. All that matters to scum is winning.

again, why isn't he worried about the political backlash?

imagine if someone in the US won national office on an anti-abortion ticket then 2 days later voted for an abortion bill?
(or vice versa)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Wonder what the Fox spin is?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
but his original flip-flop was a day before the election.

He's right, for a change.

But it isn't really a surprise what Bibi did is it.

He called for the elections himself to begin with, and it almost bit him in the ass.

Cozarkian

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012

imagine if someone in the US won national office on an anti-abortion ticket then 2 days later voted for an abortion bill?
(or vice versa)

I'm imagining they would have 4 years of a job with decent pay and lots of perks, and depending whether people remembered at the next election, either another 4 years or a lucrative job in the private lobbying industry.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Bibi hasn't flip-flopped. He said before election a Pal state wouldn't be do-able under present conditions in ME and "non Jewish state" stance of Pallys. He refused to pretend he could wave a magic wand just because President Wright would like him to. Media helps twist Bibi before and now after election. Obama is going to wreck himself and Dems by being a lunatic over Israel.

Lets not forget Obama's first phone call as president was to Mahmoud Abbas. It was always clear Obama would throw Israel down the well. Aiding enemies and helping them get nukes just takes it all much further

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Bibi hasn't flip-flopped. He said before election a Pal state wouldn't be do-able under present conditions in ME and "non Jewish state" stance of Pallys. He refused to pretend he could wave a magic wand just because President Wright would like him to. Media helps twist Bibi before and now after election. Obama is going to wreck himself and Dems by being a lunatic over Israel.

Lets not forget Obama's first phone call as president was to Mahmoud Abbas. It was always clear Obama would throw Israel down the well. Aiding enemies and helping them get nukes just takes it all much further

Twit

touchstone

Feb 25, 2015
who here actually thinks netanyahu or israel in general has any interest in peace? the nation is a war machine, and it has really no purpose besides creating problems for everyone around it. i dont even think israel has much industry besides weapons, military, and cyber. tourism i guess

it really is a big screwup on israel's part to reelect the guy. it appears israel thinks that it can do whatever it wants. it doesnt even have respect for the usa of all places, talk about biting the hand that feeds. if i was obama israel would be undergoing a 'regime change'

good news is that iran will now be a good ally to us. who the hell needs israel when we can have iran? i would much much rather have a good relationship with a huge country with good relations with its neighbors and a thriving economy than a parasite neo-fascist theocracy with a habit of attacking all its neighbors at once and an economy in shambles

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
who here actually thinks netanyahu or israel in general has any interest in peace? the nation is a war machine, and it has really no purpose besides creating problems for everyone around it. i dont even think israel has much industry besides weapons, military, and cyber. tourism i guess

it really is a big screwup on israel's part to reelect the guy. it appears israel thinks that it can do whatever it wants. it doesnt even have respect for the usa of all places, talk about biting the hand that feeds. if i was obama israel would be undergoing a 'regime change'

good news is that iran will now be a good ally to us. who the hell needs israel when we can have iran? i would much much rather have a good relationship with a huge country with good relations with its neighbors and a thriving economy than a parasite neo-fascist theocracy with a habit of attacking all its neighbors at once and an economy in shambles

You're obviously very young and a bit naive.

I'm still hoping the current things in Iran aren't going to come back and bite that whole area in the ass.

Have to see I guess at this point in time.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

(or vice versa)

Winning is all that matters to scum. Politicians hold voters in utter contempt, as voters well deserve.

touchstone

Feb 25, 2015
You're obviously very young and a bit naive.

I'm still hoping the current things in Iran aren't going to come back and bite that whole area in the ass.

Have to see I guess at this point in time.

oh no i am old and wise and certainly not naive, if anything i am jaded and brooding and deep

iran-US relations have improved greatly and look to continue to improve. israel-US relations on the other hand appear to be headed in exactly the opposite direction. given that obama has obviously set his mind to this i wonder if netanyahu isnt just doing this out of cynical political expediency and is costing his nation greatly by ruining relations for at least the next two years when he has no chance of preventing this iran deal

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Bibi fucked up. He told the truth. It's been the truth all along, even if most of America didn't want to believe it. He revealed the fact that that the American-Israeli relationship is based on a lie, the lie of seeking Peace. They already have all the Peace they need to do what they want. Perpetual occupation & ongoing expropriation are entirely acceptable to them, preferable to any Peace possible.

Exactly.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I guess Netanyahu isn't afraid of the voter backlash with this blatant about face.
nor afraid of his political enemies having a field day.

I wonder why?

4 terms.

Are you stupid, though? Is that your problem?

:hmm: