Neighbors angry about man's massive wood

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Just hire a crew to chop off anything that fall over the property line.

Yep. Not much you can do about the tree shading everything, (although there was a case where someone had to cut their trees because they shaded a neighbor's solar panels) but you can cut anything that hangs over your property line.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yep. Not much you can do about the tree shading everything, (although there was a case where someone had to cut their trees because they shaded a neighbor's solar panels) but you can cut anything that hangs over your property line.

Is there anything you could do to "poison" the tree from the source?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Is there anything you could do to "poison" the tree from the source?

I had a nice medium sized crape myrtle that bordered my property line...the neighbors on the other side hated it...so they sprayed the tree and several of my lilacs with some kind of herbicide...and it killed all of them within a few weeks. When they found out I was going to have the tree tested for herbicide and press charges if any turned up...they moved out and rented their house. Once they were gone, I just cut down the tree and lilacs rather than pursue it...so yes, you CAN indeed poison a tree easily.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I had a nice medium sized crape myrtle that bordered my property line...the neighbors on the other side hated it...so they sprayed the tree and several of my lilacs with some kind of herbicide...and it killed all of them within a few weeks. When they found out I was going to have the tree tested for herbicide and press charges if any turned up...they moved out and rented their house. Once they were gone, I just cut down the tree and lilacs rather than pursue it...so yes, you CAN indeed poison a tree easily.

wow, talk about asshole neighbors.

ahenkel

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2009
That tree most likely will be dead by the time all legal proceedings conclude. They only live 25 years on average.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Why not just salt the neighbors tree until it dies?
Salt at walmart is something like $5 per 10kg. $50 worth of salt could kill the tree and the guys lawn 100x over

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
I think that looks hilarious. I hate the idea of telling people how they should decorate their house, but their shit should at least not extend beyond their own property line in any direction. Dude needs to trim a bit more.
agreed.

nevermind its an eyesore, it extends past his property and needs to be trimmed back *past* his property line a little, or at least to it

hiromizu

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
See, muffins DO grow on trees! That big breasted Youtube Cali girl was right although she missed the patisserie trees.