Neighbor is building a siege machine

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: archiloco
a moat would deter him, even though a siege machine would have no trouble with it...but the sheer use of resources for a moat would deter him.

so would carpet bombing from a B-52 bomber

hm..

hey op:

How about carpet bombing from a B-52 bomber? :smile;

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Howard
You can put a roof on a battering ram. I've even seen one with solar panels on it.

Solar panels? Are they to power fans for the people carrying the battering ram?

Originally posted by: TruePaige
... pour hot and sour pork on him.

I prefer sweet and sour actually.

Originally posted by: nakedfrog
I would suggest moving your princess to another castle immediately.

Winner.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: Journer
1) build a catapult and put it in plain view
2) on an old piece of parchment, with an old feather ink pen, write a message about the duality of his character and all the broken promises of a groomed yard an civil children. explain to him that this breakage of the social contract instigates war and if he doe not cease the construction of his war machines then you will be forced to appease him with the full furry of your modern weaponry. make sure to use olde english words like ye and wise and beautiful woman.

if he doesnt get the picture, attack
if he wants a treaty, sign it, then attack when he least expects it

...:yawn; theres my good deed for the day :laugh:

rofl

Sumguy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
Buy an attack dog pack. Hard to operate a trebuchet when you have dogs biting you.

If that fails, send an ambassador over to request a pact to attack your neighbors.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
So what did you do?

I would have built a couple trebuchet's of my own. Then gotten some guys together from the archery club, and some other friends. I would have them all dress up in period attire. I would then sound a loud horn to summon the neighbor out of his abode. Screaming "LIGHT ARROWS!" the archers would light their arrows on fire and I would have them fire at the siege machine. I would then summon the infantry with swords and shields and everything and have them jump over the fence and charge at the neighbors.

I would of course tape this all and put it on youtube.