Need a new cell phone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Muadib
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Amazon has a great deal on the 6230 if you are a new subscriber. You can make $50. It sucks that it's for new subs only though.

yeah..new sub :) I have had a cell for > 10 years with AT&T now cingular.
You will have to sign a 2 year contract, but I don't think you will have a problem with that. You will
also have to get a new number, because Amazon can't port numbers with Cingular.
You should get in contact with Amazon to see if they will still give you the rebate if you port your number through Cingular. Amazon used to have a page that clearly explained number porting, but I can't find it now. That could mean a change in your favor.

the non-porting thing is a problem...I have 10 years of contacts, some sporadic, but valuable. I'd rather pay the $200 than that.
You should get in contact with Amazon to see if they will still give you the rebate if you port your number through Cingular. Amazon used to have a page that clearly explained number porting, but I can't find it now. That could mean a change in your favor

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Ikonomi
Is the Amazon offer only for new subscriptions, or for anyone purchasing a new rate plan? I'm going to upgrade our FamilyTalk plan when I upgrade my phone, and the 6230 is a great deal. So I'd be buying a new plan. Does that qualify me for the Amazon special offers?
Amazon doesn't offer the FamilyTalk plans. That's what I wanted to do too.

Damn, right you are. I hadn't gone through the rate plan selection process. :(

Thanks. Maybe I can find one locally without spending too much.