NE: Galaxy 670 has been in stock for a while...why?

Dec 30, 2004
Does everybody just want the other brands? Maybe because it's $10 more?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162108
I've been watching the stocks for days, it's been in stock all the while the others have been OOS.
This evening at 8EST they got some new stock of the MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc cards. They are now OOS again, but the Galaxy is happily chugging along...

Do people still consider them as new to the scene?

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
Galaxy's custom dual fan coolers are decent, but since their brand is not as pervasive as just about every other video card manufacturer, I don't think they can get away with charging a premium. Especially on their gtx670 - the thing is $40 over MSRP. Simply way too much.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Looks 10$ over to me...and yeah galaxy just isn't as popular in the states as KFA (galaxy's parent company in EU) is.

Ieat

Jan 18, 2012
Its a non reference short blue pcb for $10 more. The dvi ports weren't lowered to allow more vents like the reference card. So its probably the worst of the bunch when it comes to temps as well.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Galaxy, for some reason, thinks their gtx670 commands 10 bucks more when they dont. just buy another brand and maybe they will get the message. ironically the Galaxy gtx570, with their non reference cooler, that I have was usually the cheapest gtx570 on there.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Its a non reference short blue pcb for $10 more. The dvi ports weren't lowered to allow more vents like the reference card. So its probably the worst of the bunch when it comes to temps as well.
besides being blue, the pcb looks the same. and the reference cards all have the same dvi port setup as the Galaxy.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
besides being blue, the pcb looks the same. and the reference cards all have the same dvi port setup as the Galaxy.
Exactly. That's a Galaxy branded reference card, which is why it isn't selling. It's $10 more for no good reason, and compared to NV's other partners Galaxy's support is nothing to write home about.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Galawho? Stick with the majors MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte and maybe EVGA. Most of these companies probably wont be around to even warranty your product like BFG.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Galaxy had single GPu surround (on nVidia) before everyone else did. I'm pretty sure they are the ones who developed it in the first place. That's no small feat.

Last edited:

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Galawho? Stick with the majors MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte and maybe EVGA. Most of these companies probably wont be around to even warranty your product like BFG.
Galaxy is a good brand and that company has been around a loooong time. they go by KFA2 in some parts of the world. they also have a representative on hardforum that can easily be contacted.

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
I would not be surprised if Galaxy is a house brand for a contract manufacturer OEM partner for these other more "well" known Nvidia brands.... Nvidia just doesn't let any hole in the wall company be their GPU partner...

Ieat

Jan 18, 2012

Take a closer look. The dvi ports are higher up the board then the reference cards.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Take a closer look. The dvi ports are higher up the board then the reference cards.
I have no idea what you are talking about all the 670 cards there have the dvi ports in the same exact place.

EDIT: I see what you mean now. they are not quite as far out to the side as the reference cards but Galaxy is using a slightly different bracket too.

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
BE CAREFUL if ordering from tigerdirect, BE SURE TO CALL. Their website is not updated so even if it says in stock and available for same day shipping, it may not be correct.

Personally I don't trust them, got screwed twice by them.

May 13, 2009
BE CAREFUL if ordering from tigerdirect, BE SURE TO CALL. Their website is not updated so even if it says in stock and available for same day shipping, it may not be correct.

My motherboard gave out yesterday. Went to TD and asked the guy there where the z68 & z77 boards are? He pointed them out to me then said we also have this asus 990fx on sale. Good thing I knew what I was looking for.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I owned and used multiple Galaxy cards, both Ref and Non reference over the years, and I've had no problems. My non reference 470 from Galaxy was an awesome card a couple years ago.

The card posted in this thread is 100% reference except for the expanded vents.

and oddly enough, its been 399.99 on NEWEGG.CA until today.

Don Karnage

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2011

This. NEVER order from TD.

Amazon or Newegg should be the only place you should consider besides Ebay

N4n45h1

Apr 22, 2012
+1 on not buying from Tigerdirect, I haven't had good experiences with them in the past either.

If you use eyeitforme.com and the notifications on Newegg, I'm sure you'll be able to get your hands on one in the next few days!

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
+1 on not buying from Tigerdirect, I haven't had good experiences with them in the past either.

If you use eyeitforme.com and the notifications on Newegg, I'm sure you'll be able to get your hands on one in the next few days!

Agreed. Ordered my "in stock" GTX670 from Tigerdirect on launch day, and not surprisingly it was actually backordered once I checked the status. You can't cancel on line, you have to call them, which of course is an opportunity for them to try to sell you on all their "membership deals" before you can just tell them you're not interested and cancel the backordered that was listed as in stock.

That place is barely legit. I'm done with them. Got my card from Newegg because they actually ship the products they sell.

May 13, 2009
Agreed. Ordered my "in stock" GTX670 from Tigerdirect on launch day, and not surprisingly it was actually backordered once I checked the status. You can't cancel on line, you have to call them, which of course is an opportunity for them to try to sell you on all their "membership deals" before you can just tell them you're not interested and cancel the backordered that was listed as in stock.

That place is barely legit. I'm done with them. Got my card from Newegg because they actually ship the products they sell.

It's actually not a bad local option. They told me that they'd match newegg within $50. Went in and the motherboards were the same price as newegg. Besides the guy trying to sell me a 990fx board for my 2600k I was happy.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
My motherboard gave out yesterday. .

What happened?

If that was the Gigabyte board that I sold you, you should have no issues getting an RMA for it. I think the warranty is by serial on them anyways.

Last edited: