Navy Seal War Crimes

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
The way many on here behave. I highly doubt most insult, curse, act like tough guys in real life like the do behind their keyboards on P&N.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The way many on here behave. I highly doubt most insult, curse, act like tough guys in real life like the do behind their keyboards on P&N.
I'm sure if I acted like an asshole to this navy seal he would cut my throat then and there on the spot without a single shred of remorse. My hero.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
trump weighs in on it again:

this time he's complaining about the navy possibly taking gallagher's trident pin.

the navy should be able to manage their workforce however they see fit with no interference from above.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

this time he's complaining about the navy possibly taking gallagher's trident pin.

the navy should be able to manage their workforce however they see fit with no interference from above.
Trump hates the entire concept of a meritocracy. He knows where he'd be if he lived in one.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Reportedly the navy is going to do it anyway. Even if Trump succeeds in bullying them into it this guy's career is still over since he'll never be assigned to anything more lethal than a desk ever again and even that only until Trump is out of office.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Reportedly the navy is going to do it anyway. Even if Trump succeeds in bullying them into it this guy's career is still over since he'll never be assigned to anything more lethal than a desk ever again and even that only until Trump is out of office.
my understanding is that seals don't have to work with anyone they don't want to or can't trust.

even if he retains his rank and position he still may not have anyone willing to work with him so he'd be sidelined anyways.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
What Trump wants is a military of partisans and ideologues, just as he wants a judiciary and DoJ of partisans and ideologues. Right out of the authoritarian/Dictator playbook

The ironic thing is that Trump would never make it as a dictator. He lacks the skills; real dictators like Putin or Xi need to outthink and outmaneuver their rivals. Trump's an idiot; he would have been killed off in a week and replaced by some smarter rival.

The only reason Trump is staying in power is because we have a stable system of government that respects the rule of law. And Trump, spends every day undermining that rule of law.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Think of it as a wannabee fascist dictator implementing the theory of the unitary executive. Only Congress or an election can stop him

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
or a massive coronary from all the fast food he gulps down,

We can't rally our fellow citizens to make that happen. There's scant hope McConnell will do the right thing so we'll probably have to do it ourselves next November. I shudder to think of the damage Trump could do to this country with a second term.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
We can't rally our fellow citizens to make that happen. There's scant hope McConnell will do the right thing so we'll probably have to do it ourselves next November. I shudder to think of the damage Trump could do to this country with a second term.
Lets look at this another way? How does a name change sound -- The Divided States of Trump!!!

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The New York Times reports that the Navy plans to proceed with expelling Gallagher from the Navy SEALs, on the theory that a tweet isn't an official order and if he does make it an official order, the Secretary of the Navy and the admiral in charge of the SEALs will resign.

A threat that might carry more weight if Putin's hand puppet actually valued institutional memory and legacy expertise. The next SECNAV and SEALS CinC will probably be buddies of Eric and DonnieJr from their yacht club.

This President thinks he has every right to encourage violations of human rights and to declare on his own what military justice looks like. For purely political purposes.

Reactions: Meghan54

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
The New York Times reports that the Navy plans to proceed with expelling Gallagher from the Navy SEALs, on the theory that a tweet isn't an official order and if he does make it an official order, the Secretary of the Navy and the admiral in charge of the SEALs will resign.

A threat that might carry more weight if Putin's hand puppet actually valued institutional memory and legacy expertise. The next SECNAV and SEALS CinC will probably be buddies of Eric and DonnieJr from their yacht club.

This President thinks he has every right to encourage violations of human rights and to declare on his own what military justice looks like. For purely political purposes.

I wonder how some of our members who are veterans excuse me ex killing machines (trumps words not mine) feel about this. Should those officer in the military be disobeying the commander chiefs directives?

I’m sure many of our conservative members agree that our military should be able to kill POWs up close with a knife with no repercussions. After hearing how this is the right move by Trump and treason by military leaders, I’d like to hear excuses how it’s really all the Dems fault our military will now be fighting dishonorably.