NASCAR investigation underway after noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall at Talladega

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 9, 2009
New development, the FBI has determined no hate crime has been committed and photographic evidence supports that the noose has been in that garage since last October when someone tied it to the garage door, probably to make it easier to grab, https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/...last-fall-bubba-wallace-not-victim-hate-crime
Oh no! I am simply stunned. It was as simple as a loop in a garage door pull that was there since at least 2019 and it was the left wing racists, and gullible fucking useful idiots that jumped on this to try to sow hatred.

Thanks to all who contributed.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Oh no! I am simply stunned. It was as simple as a loop in a garage door pull that was there since at least 2019 and it was the left wing racists, and gullible fucking useful idiots that jumped on this to try to sow hatred.

You have to wonder if NASCAR knew that it was just a garage door pull handle all along, but decided to let the FBI investigate it anyway for the publicity. Since most sports are shut down right now and there are almost no fans allowed in the stands, their sponsors are probably happy for the higher TV ratings this is getting them right now.

Reactions: Vic

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I lived in the Birmingham, AL area which is not far from Talladega for 20 years because of my job and I can tell you that racism is still rampant in AL.

New story at Sonoma track.

They should investigate but when you say it's twine instead of rope then it tells me this is string and they say it appeared to be a noose then I want to see a picture of it.
Raceway President Steve Page said a “piece of twine tied in what appeared to be a noose” was found hanging from a tree Saturday behind a former administrative office, news outlets reported.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Ok, which trumphumper did this?
NASCAR investigation underway after noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall at Talladega

Another coward. Gool ol' boys just having some fun right? :rolleyes:
Hope they have cameras because you know the coward(s) that did this will be
too chickenshit to admit it.
If they find them, throw out the whole effing team.
Interesting opinion on the "noose" matter.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Yup! It's Juicy Smo-lay all over again!
Once again, you are one the wrong side of the fake racist news story. It's as if you are trying to be wrong most of the time. At least you have style when commenting on the "truth".

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

This thread did not fail to deliver. It has to be in the hall of fame for AnandTech posts.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
New development, the FBI has determined no hate crime has been committed and photographic evidence supports that the noose has been in that garage since last October when someone tied it to the garage door, probably to make it easier to grab, https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/...last-fall-bubba-wallace-not-victim-hate-crime

Whoever the OP of this thread is needs to edit that it was a hoax. Most of the garages have this exact same rope pull to bring the door down.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Whoever the OP of this thread is needs to edit that it was a hoax. Most of the garages have this exact same rope pull to bring the door down.
I don't think it was a "hoax", I've tied a noose many times doing yardwork, more like mistaken identy. Whay NASCAR could not review their own surveillance footage and determine this without the FBI remains unclear, it's possible they didn't want to appear to be trying to sweep concerns under the rug.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Once again, you are one the wrong side of the fake racist news story. It's as if you are trying to be wrong most of the time. At least you have style when commenting on the "truth".

lol you big dummy. I was sort of iffy on this one from the beginning.

Since you don't know, because you stay away from "black stuff," I was specifically referencing Chapelle's mocking of Smollet.

no worries, though: you've got an actual toy car driver that tweeted his desire to lynch Wallace in response to thinking the noose was real.

You'll decide that isn't as bad, and everyone will laugh at you because you are an idiot.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
nope.

NASCAR said it was the lone garage stall with a pull down rope that resembled a noose.

I don't think it was a "hoax", I've tied a noose many times doing yardwork, more like mistaken identy. Whay NASCAR could not review their own surveillance footage and determine this without the FBI remains unclear, it's possible they didn't want to appear to be trying to sweep concerns under the rug.
that's almost certainly it. at a race where there's a confederate flag being pulled overhead after banning them at the races i'm sure they're being extra cautious.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
nope.

that's almost certainly it. at a race where there's a confederate flag being pulled overhead after banning them at the races i'm sure they're being extra cautious.

Try looking at the picture. Two different garages side by side even and both have the same loop pull.

The FBI announced Monday that Richard Petty driver Bubba Wallace was not the victim of a hate crime over the weekend at Talladega.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Good thing you don't work for the FBI
noose:

not noose:
2020-06-24-00-34-46.png

• Haha
Reactions: qliveur

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Sounds like everyone was primed for something after the whole conflag thing and let their nerves get the best of them.

I'm glad it wasn't anything, and I'm glad NASCAR took it seriously.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
There's a big difference between a hoax and a mistake. If someone wanted to pull off a hoax hate crime, I think they would use an actual noose with a rope they brought in. Look at all the effort Jussie put into his hoax.

Reactions: Homerboy