Nancy Pelosi is such a POS

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: chucky2
I didn't say when a normal soldier catches a normal insurgent they should take him into the back of a MRAP and start cutting his fingers off.

But if we capture a true high value target, sending in someone from the Human Rights Watch to ask them questions on what they know is pointless. Sending in a skilled interrogator to have the person being interrogated just waste that persons time because they know there's nothing the interrogator can do to get information out of him is pointless. But sending a high value detainie to a place where we can extract meaningful information out of them by less savory means: I say do it. That person has either done, or planned to, conspire against the US to kill US citizens. You're going to sit there and say if I kidnapped your family and they were doing to die in a couple of days if I didn't talk, that you'd want Human Rights Watch there and someone who just asked me nicely where they were? Get F'ing real. You'd be looking for the meanest looking sargent, bringing in the Sodium P., and laying out the pliers, knives, and other stuff for me to see that you all meant business and this wasn't an ice cream social.

Ok name one HVT besides The Hairy Rosie O'Donnell(Kalid Sheihk Mohammed) that we have captured. Go ahead, I'll wait for it. The people being "rendered" aren't high value targets, there are completely innocent people that have been picked up, tortured, etc. Including that case in Italy where we basically violated their sovereignty to pick someone up with zero value. Sorry that doesn't pass your "That person has either done, or planned to, conspire against the US to kill US citizens." litmus test. That's pure BS and you know it.

That you will never know the true victories because they're kept secret so as to not blow the value of the intelligence is ironic. I find it laughable that you think other countries professional intelligence agencies won't go all the way to collect intelligence when the chips are down...as if the US is the only one that does it. The truth is they all do it because in the end it's effective and relatively quick. That it makes for good media coverage (because, ratings - not security - are what's important afterall, Right?) and turns the average persons stomach are unfortunate by-products.

Oh you mean they don't herald every victory? BS they don't, in fact, they were so orgiastic about that OBL tape a few weeks ago that they ruined a key intelligence source. The Admin is so desperate for even the smallest taste of semi-success.
The chips haven't been down.

Reality check!!! Who stands with us in "times of crises"??? In Korea, which countries helped us out? In Vietnam, which other countries helped us try and prevent Communism from taking over that country (after France left)? Somalia? Wow, I know, Gulf War 1! Oh, that's because of the oil (gee, just what they accuse use for in GW2, how ironic). OK, a true US is directly attacked so the world will come help: 9/11. Lets see, which EU countries, China, and/or Russia went and spanked SA for us? Wait!?!?! None?!?! OK, well, surely Afghanistan...OMG, None there either?!!? Yeah, a super amount of help we get from the rest of the world. I'm glad they help us so much when it'll take real sacrifice, sure glad we don't always have to go it alone... :roll:

Australia, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Thailand and Turkey all committed troops to Korea.

In Vietnam France didn't leave, they were defeated and forced to withdraw. This was our crusade. This is a separate topic but yet another illegal war that the world knew was phony. Amazing how noone wants to help us with our phony wars.

Somalia was a UN operation, we sent combat troops in at our peril. We had just won GWI not long before and were feeling tough.

GF1 was ONLY fought because:

1. The Brits were mandated by a treaty to assist Kuwait in the event of an attack, knew they could not remove Saddam alone. This is the ONLY reason they have been in Iraq with us on the latest adventure. Not many people know this. We didn't care about Kuwait until a few days later, we said it was their business.

2. The Saudi's begged us to come in.

In Afghanistan there are people dying from all over, including the Netherlands, Canada, our traditional allies in Europe. Don't make little of that, Afghanistan would have been a done deal a long time if not for our half assed commitment.

That you think a recognition of a genocide that occurred an unbelievably long 92 years ago is needed now when we actually do need cooperation from Turkey is just amazing. That you think the rest of the world gives two sh1ts about it is even more amazing.

If they are too ignorant to acknowledge their errors then fuck em. We don't need them as much as has been touted, we can get supplies in from elsewhere. Turkey is also the third largest recipient of military aid from US behind Israel and Egypt, well that's gone now, no more spare F-16 parts, fuck you Turkey.

That's real diplomacy, they will blink before we do.

Yeah, Russia acknowledging it makes us look so super bad...LOL, okey dokey...

Chuck

Ironic don't you think? A nation of serial humans rights abusers and scorched earth tactics, and not to mention BFF with Iran, would have no problem recognizing this as genocide, yet we can't, because our pussy hurts.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Sweet. I'm glad we already had our secret convention where we made Hillary the nominee. I was getting sick of all that primary talk anyway

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: palehorse74
way to state the obvious! :confused:

I don't think so. Neither the remark you quote nor the one you added say a damn think that is either intelligent or persuasive. I think you just drooled on the table.

What makes Pelosi a POS in my opinion were, among other things, her remark 'we won't impeach Bush' and her support for the farm bill.

I find it interesting that you say this when you just called someone intelligent for comparing this to someone denying the holocaust. Who here has denied the Armenian genocide again Moonbeam?

I find nothing here to suggest you comprehended a thing I said and thus your question makes not the slightest sense to me. I did not call somebody intelligent for comparing this to someone denying the holocaust. I called somebody intelligent for seeing that the same people who were all exercised about the madness of the Iranian president for denying the holocaust are the same blind fools demanding here that the Congress deny a similar holocaust. You two faced idiots are disgusting.

Really? Please show me where someone has suggested that Congress deny the Armenian genocide. I have not seen congress issue a non-binding resolution relating to gravity, I guess that means that congress is denying gravity....:roll:
Wow, that is funny. But then I don't see Congress pushing to pass such a resolution either, but I am sure that if they did folk like yourself would jump right in to stop them. You can play all the petty mind game tricks you want, but the thrust and force of reality is just as I said. The Right uses holocaust denial against one person and another holocaust affirmation against others because they have no core values but manufacture their enemies on whom they then take a sh!t. The party of character speak of character because they are disgusting slime.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: michaels
WTH is she doing? Try to pass this resolution about the Armenian genocide from a 100 years ago! What her real motive is her and other dem's do not have the balls to stand for what they believe and cut funding for the war, so they wanna pull shit like this that will make it much harder on the effort. Tons of equipment comes from inside Turkey.

What a f'ing snake

Congresswoman Pelosi's statement is consistent with her past record of energetic and principled support for U.S. recognition of the Armenian Genocide, dating back nearly 20 years. Since her election to the House in 1986, she has worked closely with the Bay Area Armenian National Committee, enjoying warm relations with the Armenian American community in the greater Bay Area.

So, If she is so principled, and really wanted it to pass, why right now? Surely, she has been advised on the consequences of the timing, rightfully garnering the "What a f'ing snake" comment.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

I don't think so. Neither the remark you quote nor the one you added say a damn think that is either intelligent or persuasive. I think you just drooled on the table.

What makes Pelosi a POS in my opinion were, among other things, her remark 'we won't impeach Bush' and her support for the farm bill.

I find it interesting that you say this when you just called someone intelligent for comparing this to someone denying the holocaust. Who here has denied the Armenian genocide again Moonbeam?

I find nothing here to suggest you comprehended a thing I said and thus your question makes not the slightest sense to me. I did not call somebody intelligent for comparing this to someone denying the holocaust. I called somebody intelligent for seeing that the same people who were all exercised about the madness of the Iranian president for denying the holocaust are the same blind fools demanding here that the Congress deny a similar holocaust. You two faced idiots are disgusting.

Really? Please show me where someone has suggested that Congress deny the Armenian genocide. I have not seen congress issue a non-binding resolution relating to gravity, I guess that means that congress is denying gravity....:roll:
Wow, that is funny. But then I don't see Congress pushing to pass such a resolution either, but I am sure that if they did folk like yourself would jump right in to stop them. You can play all the petty mind game tricks you want, but the thrust and force of reality is just as I said. The Right uses holocaust denial against one person and another holocaust affirmation against others because they have no core values but manufacture their enemies on whom they then take a sh!t. The party of character speak of character because they are disgusting slime.

Still waiting for you to show me who here is denying the Armenian genocide......

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I have to somewhat chuckle at the Pelosi is POS crowd. First it has nothing really to do with reason, even if Pelosi kisses GWB's feet and does her slavish bidding, the right would still hate Pelosi. On the Left, Pelosi is not strong enough to move all her democrats and all the Republicans into a position to make a stand against GWB&co. And even if she could,
the same measure would just die in the Senate. So damned if she does and damned if she does not, Pelosi is doing something.

But in the grand scheme of things, come 1/20/2009, Pelosi is still likely to be Speaker of the House, she will likely have a Democratic President to work with, and then Pelosi can move HER agenda.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Still waiting for you to show me who here is denying the Armenian genocide......

I know this is maybe a bit deep for you but the denying takes the form of suppressing the expression of that fact. There is an attempt to deny expression just as there was an attempt by the same kinds not to compensate the Japanese interned in camps in America a few years back. Oh sure, be jailed American citizens and stripped them of their property and rights, but let's not apologize or compensate. Let's not talk about it, OK!

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

I know this is maybe a bit deep for you but the denying takes the form of suppressing the expression of that fact. There is an attempt to deny expression just as there was an attempt by the same kinds not to compensate the Japanese interned in camps in America a few years back. Oh sure, be jailed American citizens and stripped them of their property and rights, but let's not apologize or compensate. Let's not talk about it, OK!

I see you're having problems spinning this. No one is denying that this happened, no one is even saying "let's not talk about it". No one is "suppressing the expression of that fact". What we are saying, is that this is not the time for congress to pass a resolution on it. Give it up Moonbeam, not one person here is denying the Armenian Genocide, you and your buddy ZebuluniteV just look like fools.

xenolith

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2000
Things have improved in Iraq as result of the surge, so I would call that as being successful to a certain extent, IMO.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000

you changed your argument.

Earlier you asked Moonie to:

"Please show me where someone has suggested that Congress deny the Armenian genocide. "

and now it is:

"Still waiting for you to show me who here is denying the Armenian genocide......"

Inherently, by voting against congressional recognition of the Armenian genocide, AND supporting/suggesting such a vote, you are in fact in favor of not recognizing the Armenian genocide, in relation to the non-binding resolution. Which is the topic of discussion (Other than that Pelosi is a POS...but that is a matter of opinion.)

just my observation though, I could be wrong :)

Jun 26, 2007
I'm going to go with the fact that there was a genocide and that US recognition comes late in this play but is welcome.

I think every country in the world should acknowledge this genocide, not doing so pretty much means you just don't care.

See, we are having a discussion about this here, pretty much what most people want to stop when it comes to the holocaust. There is no discussion allowed on that subject, there isn't more of a discussion to even be had than regarding he Armenian genocide.

I'd stand proud behind the US on this one.

I'm still naive you see, i think there is a right and a wrong beyond what i have orders to do, i'm even allowed to be creative with my solutions as long as they pass and i really think that the US and the UK would be MORE just to fight Turkey over this issue than Irak.

Of course, i'm not a politician, the only US politician that i ever respected was Wesley, Powell knew he sold out and he gets my respect for refusing to go any further.

I'm a UK'ian so treat that with the grand communistic arsehole stamp all you like, when i'm right, i'm right.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Pelosi is a national disgrace. And even those who initially jumped on the veering bandwagon are now falling off. Quick.

What on earth could possess the Speaker to piss away time on a 95-year old event while we are in the middle of a war?

And the apologists here should be ashamed. She's disgusting. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster
Pelosi is a national disgrace. And even those who initially jumped on the veering bandwagon are now falling off. Quick.

What on earth could possess the Speaker to piss away time on a 95-year old event while we are in the middle of a war?

And the apologists here should be ashamed. She's disgusting. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

Yup, they have decided it might look like they don't support the troops. The Democrats have to support the troops you know. Otherwise they would be traitors and even worse, lose a vote or two. The hawks have the mice in at full run.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Yup, they have decided it might look like they don't support the troops.

Chee, what on earth would give such an impression? :roll:

failed logic and reasoning would give that impression.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: OrByte
Yup, they have decided it might look like they don't support the troops.

Chee, what on earth would give such an impression? :roll:

failed logic and reasoning would give that impression.
If logic and reason prevailed the Speaker of the House wouldn't be trying to pass this bill in this first place and at this particular time.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: OrByte

you changed your argument.

Earlier you asked Moonie to:

"Please show me where someone has suggested that Congress deny the Armenian genocide. "

and now it is:

"Still waiting for you to show me who here is denying the Armenian genocide......"

Inherently, by voting against congressional recognition of the Armenian genocide, AND supporting/suggesting such a vote, you are in fact in favor of not recognizing the Armenian genocide, in relation to the non-binding resolution. Which is the topic of discussion (Other than that Pelosi is a POS...but that is a matter of opinion.)

just my observation though, I could be wrong :)

Well, I didn't mean to change my argument, but either way, he cannot show where anyone has suggested that Congress should deny the Armenian genocide, or where anyone here is denying the genocide themselves. Saying that congress should not be putting forth a resolution regarding the Armenian genocide that occured over 90 years ago is no where close to denying that the genocide happened. Most reasonable people can see that this is really not the best time to piss off Turkey.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Jesus who the hell cares about Turkey's genocide? It was the forefathers of those in power. Get the fvck over it. :roll:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Jesus who the hell cares about Turkey's genocide? It was the forefathers of those in power. Get the fvck over it. :roll:

For someone who advocates not getting excited and just getting over it, you seem a wee mite overexcited about the whole idea.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: blackangst1

It's obvious you don't. When you join the human race and are capable of empathy let us know.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I think its great that some of you guys, along with Pelosi, are so deeply passionate about the Armenian genocide that occurred over 90 years ago. It would be nice if everyone was just as upset about the genocide in Darfur that is happening NOW. But lets not worry about that, its much more important to focus on past atrocities that we can do absolutey nothing about then worry about atrocities that are happening right now that we might be able to do something about.