Mythos

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Anyone interested in this should sign up on their website, you might get the invite right away. Plus, I got so many damn items that are decent but I have no use for, so I've been giving them away in-game, so if there was some new AT players, it'd be easier to give them away!

If you go into the 'Notes from the Developer' forum on the Mythos Forums, then to the post "OK, here it is", it shows a screenshot of what they have been working on for the last three weeks. It was pretty much a big surprise is coming, then within three weeks they produced that. So basically it looks like somehow in that amount of time, they have a proper third person camera and a more connected and persistent world, which is crazy given they have only a couple of programmers! There is a new post in that forum describing what exactly they are doing and showing from the screenshot.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I just signed up for a beta invite from them, but if anyone's got a spare invite, I'd love to check this out.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If anyone joins in, feel free to add me to their friends list "Margerie" under normal difficulty

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
There aren't any invites left. So the only way to play is to sign up and hope to get invited, or wait for open beta.

And from what I just read on the forums, they want to roll out the new, more persistent world before open beta. So open beta is likely at least a few weeks out still. They have been wanting to stress their servers, and this new world will need lots of players to test, plus they cut off access to a bunch of Asian countries, so again it is worth a shot to sign up.

Man, I can't get over the progress they made in a few weeks. For anyone who has played the game, then looks at the new screenshots and explanation, and be like "how in the hell did they do that??". One of the main guys on the team is Travis Baldtree, who I guess was responsible for the majority of the game Fate.

Unrelated: Just yesterday, I learned of the /played command to get the time spent playing. So I had to do it...

Roughly 5 days, 7 hours so far

I looked back to the day I got the invite... about 40 days ago, so I've averaged OVER 3 hours per day on this game, and I remember at least some days where I did not play at all. :eek:

cpmer

Jan 22, 2005
Hi just wanted to ask if anyone had an account they aren't using. My friends and I just started playing and we have a few friends that want to play but dont have accounts. I figured 10 dollar reward is in line for anyone that could part with their account considering open beta is just weeks away its not like your losing out on much.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Due to their drastically different world, there is more than likely going to be a wipe when they release the next big patch. That could be as soon as a week or two away.

So again, for anyone in elite, my IGN is SubOx and my account name is Duragezic, message me if you want any items for free. May as well use them before they are deleted! :)

Frodolives

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2001
I'm enjoying this game a lot, and intend to start again after the wipe. This is very likely to become the best free game I've ever enjoyed.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I wish they would hurry up with open beta. I had no luck on a closed beta key and would rather try this than install D2... again. :p

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
I've got a couple elite chars, but I'm going to wait for whenever they decide to release a new class before I pick the game up seriously again.. I have a cinderblade pyro that I'm working on occasionally right now.

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
Originally posted by: cpmer
Hi just wanted to ask if anyone had an account they aren't using. My friends and I just started playing and we have a few friends that want to play but dont have accounts. I figured 10 dollar reward is in line for anyone that could part with their account considering open beta is just weeks away its not like your losing out on much.

I'm interested in this trade if you're up for it!

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: sushicide
Any ATer play on elite? It's kinda hard to find people to play with because almost no one uses the party funtion.
I play on elite. My account name is duragezic. Yeah it is hard to find a party. I've played solo the entire time except once. But I just joined a guild so hopefully that'll help.

Hopefully the big changed overworld will help as well as other things they put in so there is less solo play. I'm moving over the next couple of days but I should be on after then. I usually play every other night or so. So just add me to your friends list and message me. I am level 36 right now but I'll help you do some quests if they are too hard solo.

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I'll get back to this game once I finish my goddamn thesis. Shame about the wipe, I have a pretty nice 50 gadg, a 39 BL, and lots of nice gear. The game sounds like it's really shaping up though, glad the devs post in the forums a lot

imported_sushicide

Jun 20, 2005
I have no problem with quests, the only thing bad is that once you hit 30 there's none left (if we discount the green ones), so I'm basically looking to grind it out rest of the way on epic maps.

But then again, I had already gone through one character wipe, maybe it's better for me to try out new builds on new toons rather than losing another batch of high level characters I spend so much time on.

imported_sushicide

Jun 20, 2005
There was a wipe few months ago, I don't know exactly when but my characters from last year were gone when I came back in April from a long hiatus. Then next week they're re-releasing the Stonehill zone as a huge overworld(true MMORPG style landmass) on a new test center server, now I don't know if the older server is gonna be left up n' running or taken down, but everyone's gonna try the new overworld anyway, so it's technically close enough to a wipe for me.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah the new overworld on a new server is gonna be fresh start. But it seems they will keep the old server up (all current characters) for at least a while until they are ready to fully release the new overworld. So a complete wipe is still upcoming, but probably not until all three zones are updated to the new overworld and they are all ready to be the main server instead of the test one.

I'm moved now so I'll be playing this week.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
I'm pretty much waiting till the next update and a new character class before I play any more. I made an all passive gadg, which after level 20 sucked nuts, so I kinda got discouraged.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
This game never worked properly with my current video card. I kept getting the black texture bs even after turning down the options. I got a new mobo/video card though so hopefully it'll work this time. Is there some kind of atot clan for this game?

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: M0oG0oGaiPan
This game never worked properly with my current video card. I kept getting the black texture bs even after turning down the options. I got a new mobo/video card though so hopefully it'll work this time. Is there some kind of atot clan for this game?

I don't think so, I've played with a few ATOT people, but nothing organized really. When the next update comes out, we should all start new Elite chars and play though the game together.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
Originally posted by: Canai

I don't think so, I've played with a few ATOT people, but nothing organized really. When the next update comes out, we should all start new Elite chars and play though the game together.

What's elite? Is that the mode where you lose everything if you die?

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
What's elite? Is that the mode where you lose everything if you die?

That's 'hardcore'. IIRC, elite had tougher instances, with more mini-bosses, which result in better loot. There also might be a limitation on respecs with elite. You can also mix and match those qualifications.

Originally posted by: Canai
I'm pretty much waiting till the next update and a new character class before I play any more. ...

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
Signed up for the beta a few weeks ago, still haven't heard anything from them...