Mythos

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
It depends on what skills you go for. I believe some of the martialist abilities benefit from 2 weapons (at least a previous skill description said you gain a speed increase from wielding 2 weaps, but not sure if it still does), but with any crimsonate or red hand builds, you're best off getting a shield. Remember that, barring the effects of skills, your DPS is the average of the two weaps, not the combination.

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I don't know about anyone else in this thread, but I have no intentions of giving invites to people who just joined the forums solely for the purpose of asking for them.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Chronoshock
I don't know about anyone else in this thread, but I have no intentions of giving invites to people who just joined the forums solely for the purpose of asking for them.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

KT

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: Chronoshock

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

KT

And even better, the spam bots will harvest their email addys :D

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
In actual Mythos news, lots of new changes are coming very soon. This patch will be massive, featuring crafting, PVP, a new zone, a new race, skill rebalances, and more. I would expect a new round of invites to be distributed when it comes out.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I signed up on that site about two weeks ago so that I can hopefully get a key once the next round goes out.

stall6g

Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: duragezic
I signed up on that site about two weeks ago so that I can hopefully get a key once the next round goes out.

Same here. Reading this thread reminds me of how much time I used to waste playing D2 and makes me want to play this.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I signed up. I'm not into beta testing but thought I'd give it a go for a change. Probably wont get a invite though. I dont think they are giving any out right now except for the ones getting some free ones that are already in beta. We'll see though.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Well, the 3rd area should be getting added pretty soon. Anyone here still playing this game? I stopped for a few weeks. Got bored just playing the 1st two ares all the time, but I'm looking forward to the expansion.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
The news post for 3/17/08 on the Mythos site talks about a revamped website (maybe this week), after which there will be no more signups and any invitations not already sent will not work. It says that because they are moving to an open beta soon.

At first glance, I read it would be open once the new website hits (I thought 'hell yeah, that's probably this week'), but that's not the case. Still, hopefully I'll get to try it some way soon.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
By krazykaution on 2008-03-19 12:00 AM
The Mythos Forums are coming down now for maintenance and will return with the new web page tomorrow. The new website will be coming up tomorrow barring no major catastrophes. The Zone 3 update will be following shortly after. Don't forget to use your remaining invites because once the website goes down the invite system is gone forever! See you on the other side!

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Rumors are that open beta is only weeks away. Take it for what its worth. ::hands out salt::