My sister just told me she has an addiction...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Make sure she chews sugarless or her teeth will rot and no guy will want her and you'll be stuck with her smacking away at her gum right next to you.

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: glugglug
Have her call me, maybe we'll get her addicted to sex.

haha.sex addict...it costs money for condoms too..make sure you provide them

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Tell her that if she continues chewing gum at such high quantities she will lose her teeth early in life and will have to wear dentures - at that point it's impossible to chew gum.

You could give her some of that joke gum - you know the kind that turns your teeth black or gives you gas. Maybe if you traumatize her she will detest gum. You could tell her that you dropped one of her packs of gum in the toilet after taking a dump but you're not sure which one.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Originally posted by: rayray2
So alcohol is just an emotional addiction??? :confused:

Yes.

Ring Ring!
It's the Clue Phone!

Your body begins to require the presence of alcohol in your bloodstream to function. I dunno how you define physical addiction....

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Hmm. A 23 yr old girl who can't stop putting things in her mouth.

On the next Jerry Springer show...

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
Hmm. A 23 yr old girl who can't stop putting things in her mouth.

On the next Jerry Springer show...

I was thinking that Freud would definitely really get off on this subject. Pun intended.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Tell her that if she continues chewing gum at such high quantities she will lose her teeth early in life and will have to wear dentures - at that point it's impossible to chew gum.

You could give her some of that joke gum - you know the kind that turns your teeth black or gives you gas. Maybe if you traumatize her she will detest gum. You could tell her that you dropped one of her packs of gum in the toilet after taking a dump but you're not sure which one.
What're you talking about?

Chewing gum is good for your teeth, even if it's non-sugar free, assuming you're chewing it all day.

Saliva contains all the necessary components to rebuild your teeth. The more you salivate, the better.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli

What're you talking about?

Chewing gum is good for your teeth, even if it's non-sugar free, assuming you're chewing it all day.

Saliva contains all the necessary components to rebuild your teeth. The more you salivate, the better.

Excessive chewing will wear out her enamel and also cause swelling at the root because of compression and may lead to root death.

She also may end up with TMG and possibly brain damage from the constant impact.

;)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Sounds like she has an oral fixation...

You don't live in Kentucky or West Virginia do you? :D

ragazzo

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2002
i like the weaning idea.

just throw her into one of those padded white rooms everytime she gets a craving :p

venk

Banned
Dec 10, 2000
She's not addicted to gum, she's addicted to having foreign objects in her mouth. :D

Farmall

Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: rayray2
So alcohol is just an emotional addiction??? :confused:
As far as I know, there are no addictive substances in alcohol, a la nicotine in cigarettes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Alcohol is addictive - moderation is your friend. Talk to any alcoholic and then tell me its not addictive.