My kids have lice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
lol, I had a bad case of lice back in the 80s. My mom used roach spray and the next day I was clear. Burnt like hell, but my teacher was impressed and asked how my mom did it.

Teacher was pissed afterwards, but my mom wasn't gonna take no BS from lice.

Roach spray?!?!?! That explains so much. ;)

My daughter caught lice twice from school. The shampoo kills the adult lice easily, but if you don't do several very thorough combings to get every single, last eggs/nit then you are just wasting your time. You also have to wash and completely dry anything the lice and eggs could be on.

People often don't do what's necessary to get all the eggs, then act surprised when the new crop of lice hatch and infect other children.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
72vq81.png

Are you guys brothers or something? :hmm:

All those surprised that anything related to Elvenpog has cooties raise your hand. Nobody? Thought so.

At any rate I think I had them once in grade school in the 60's.

Hair was all ready short then anyway, I think vinegar might have been involved at the time, I forget.

Yeah, the roach spray is way out there, even to suggest it :p

Last edited:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Thanks op. My head is itching now :colbert:

Someone should start a chain where you can take your dogs and kids to get lice and flea dipped.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
My niece had lice recently. My sister said the school doesn't send kids home any more because that would be singling out the kid (and I guess that would lead to them being teased or something).

Neither my sister, my nephew, nor other niece had lice so she must have got it from a kid at school.
LOL. That actually doesn't surprise me though nowadays.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
lol, I had a bad case of lice back in the 80s. My mom used roach spray and the next day I was clear. Burnt like hell, but my teacher was impressed and asked how my mom did it.

Dayum, dude!

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Daughter got lice sometime in the last 3 days. Sat. night I noticed her scratching her head but didn't think anything of it at the time. Yesterday morning she actually complained her head was itchy. Found those little bastards and spent all day yesterday washing and drying everything on sanitize setting and washing and combing through her hair. It's going to suck for the next few days.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Been there/done that a couple to times. Make sure to bag up all their stuff animals,pillows, and whatever else for a few days.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Last time my daughters go lice I cheated some. I paid money for a lady to come over and take care of the lice treatment for my daughter's hair including combining through it and removing all the lice. Best money I ever spent.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This often comes from public school. We pay taxes to get head lice. With all this wonderful Obama Care, ACA this should all be gone and we should be living in Utopia-vill.

Last edited:

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010

Holy shit dude lol.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This often comes from public school. We pay taxes to get head lice. With all this wonderful Obama Care, ACA this should all be gone and we should be living in Utopia-vill.

I have this vision of you. It includes this carousel, floating in air about your head, that is forever swirling, dazzling you with lights and glittering ponies rising and falling.