My kids have lice

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
My daughter had a sleepover a little over a week ago now. Her friend came over and she spent an entire day and then some over here playing with all of my kids. Last night I'm about to go to bed and my wife is like "AEEUUGHRMYGERD!!" So I go and see what she is yelling about and sure as shit there is lice in all of my kids hair and my wife's hair.

Fortunately I shave my head so I got nothing (bit of dandruff occasionally though).

Anyways, so we start calling people who have hung out with our kids for the past week and especially the mom of the girl with nappy hair because she spent so long with our kids to tell them to look and she's like: "Oh man I thought that went away a month ago" and then I'm like "BITCH! are you going to reimburse me for all this freaking lice-rid-x-away bull crap I gotta buy now? What a dumb broad. Why would you let your daughter sleep over with someone if she had lice? God damnit.

Also my sink exploded last night and maintenance is coming to give me a new disposal. How was your Easter?

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Pretty good. Sorry about the lice. That shit is a pain in the ass.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
72vq81.png

Are you guys brothers or something? :hmm:

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Lice ain't so bad. My youngest came home from camp with it one year but a few days of the shampoo, some delicate lice combing, and it was gone.

Scabies f'in sucked - every single person in the house ended up with it, some had reoccurrences. Nothing like having to wash every person's clothes and bedsheets every freaking day for weeks.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
Lice aren't a big deal and very common (especially when you have kids and they go to school).

Been down this road # of times with ours......I mean it sucks but what can you do.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I always see parents of young kids posting this - where exactly do the lice come from in the first place? Considering most of them are in upper middle class neighborhoods not close to the outdoors, is it just that they keep spreading and are never wiped out? Or do you get them from being in the outdoors, say adults camping outdoors?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I always see parents of young kids posting this - where exactly do the lice come from in the first place? Considering most of them are in upper middle class neighborhoods not close to the outdoors, is it just that they keep spreading and are never wiped out? Or do you get them from being in the outdoors, say adults camping outdoors?

Lice jump pretty far and its very common to have them jumping from head to head in seconds.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I need to watch that south park episode again. Licecapades...classic

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
And I recently learned that they no longer send kids home from school when they have lice.

Bubblehappy

Aug 14, 2010
What a pain in the rear. My daughter got them, took her to a treatment place to get rid of the bitches.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
And I recently learned that they no longer send kids home from school when they have lice.

That probably depends on where you live. Our school system sends the kids home. For the kids to be allowed back in school they have to pass a zero tolerance examination (any nits found means a failed exam). We went through that with my daughter last year. What a pain.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Beats crabs. My Niece got that when she was 6. Everyone in the house got them. It was a real PITA. This was early 80 when they wanted to shave you bald. Bad times man.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Please give full support to your wife in getting through this, man. It's serious business.

Don't forget to tell your kid's teacher as well, if you haven't. They're going to have to send a notice to everyone.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
That probably depends on where you live. Our school system sends the kids home. For the kids to be allowed back in school they have to pass a zero tolerance examination (any nits found means a failed exam). We went through that with my daughter last year. What a pain.
Maybe so. This is LAUSD policy (Los Angeles) and the reason is the district received funds for every student that is present; absences "cost" the district money.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
Beats crabs. My Niece got that when she was 6. Everyone in the house got them. It was a real PITA. This was early 80 when they wanted to shave you bald. Bad times man.

That is ..... highly unusual to say the least.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
Lice jump pretty far and its very common to have them jumping from head to head in seconds.

Head lice don't jump at all according to the doctor we saw (and seems to be confirmed with a quick internet search). They are generally spread through direct contact with someone that is carrying them.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

My niece had lice recently. My sister said the school doesn't send kids home any more because that would be singling out the kid (and I guess that would lead to them being teased or something).

Neither my sister, my nephew, nor other niece had lice so she must have got it from a kid at school.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
We went through that. We think it was a theater seat in our case, but who knows? Only my oldest daughter got them, and it was a huge pain in the ass trying to get rid of them. We finally heard of this woman who basically comes to your house with comb and shampoo and stuff and gets them all the hell out. We hired her, she came, and it worked. She literally worked on my daughter's head for almost three hours, but they were gone when she finished. Think it was a couple hundred bucks but it was worth every penny.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
All those surprised that anything related to Elvenpog has cooties raise your hand. Nobody? Thought so.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
lol, I had a bad case of lice back in the 80s. My mom used roach spray and the next day I was clear. Burnt like hell, but my teacher was impressed and asked how my mom did it.

Teacher was pissed afterwards, but my mom wasn't gonna take no BS from lice.