My guild just killed Ragnaros...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Congrats bro, I remember the first time kill Rags... fun stuffs. Kinda makes me realize how far our guild has come (we cleared all of BWL, Domo/Rags, and Onyxia last night). :)

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Auggie
I'm so pumped I have to come over here and make an ATOT post! I got my tier 2 pants, baby! Leggings of Transcendence. Woot!

so why do posts like this stay open but posts about legitimate questions on regular software like Excel, Outlook, etc. get locked for being in the wrong forum?
Because this isn't a question about a piece of software, this is a bragging thread about a personal "accomplishment."

So yeah, I'd agree with you if he asked how to get WoW working with a piece of hardware, or how to change settings, etc, but it's not anything like that.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Leggings of Transcendence?

That sounds so abso-fvcking-lutely ridiculous. What kind of retarded-ass name is that? So glad I never touched that game, ugh.

[/shameless_threadcrap]

SpanishFry

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2001
Originally posted by: eLiu

That sounds so abso-fvcking-lutely ridiculous. What kind of retarded-ass name is that? So glad I never touched that game, ugh.

[/shameless_threadcrap]

I know, I thought it was a parody at first. Hotpants FTL!

Auggie

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2003
Speaking of Hogger- have you seen the vid of the 40-man raid full of lvl 1 gnomes that go and take down hogger? They come so close to getting owned, but pull it out in the end. It must've been their 1337 stratz.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
About a year ago I joined a serious guild and enjoyed MC runs. But BWL was just so boring and tedious, it eventually broke my will. No idea who half the bosses are that people are mentioning in this thread, must be in the new silithus area.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: eLiu

[/shameless_threadcrap]

Coming from someone who not only named their 3-year-old home PC "The E-Comp," but felt the need to list it's "stats" in his sig. :laugh:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: torpid
About a year ago I joined a serious guild and enjoyed MC runs. But BWL was just so boring and tedious, it eventually broke my will. No idea who half the bosses are that people are mentioning in this thread, must be in the new silithus area.
Your guild probably just blew... you should have just applied to one with 1337 strats.

Playmaker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
LOL at people with 2k+ post per year on an online message board giving this guy sh!t for playing a video game.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Auggie
I'm so pumped I have to come over here and make an ATOT post! I got my tier 2 pants, baby! Leggings of Transcendence. Woot!

so why do posts like this stay open but posts about legitimate questions on regular software like Excel, Outlook, etc. get locked for being in the wrong forum?

Because of the comedy in nerds calling other nerds "nerds" :D

My guild just killed him for the first time as well, and I got my legs as well (Ten Storms). It's nothing special these days, but it was a big accomplishment for me because I had quit the game for a long time, then when I returned, played a different character to exactly this point (first rag kill) before shelving him for various reasons in favor of my shaman.

fishbits

Apr 18, 2005
*decides it's the wrong day to start pathetically narcissistic self-congratulatory thread about rescuing the princess from Bowser*

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
I killed Diablo and then Memphisto in Diablo II maybe I should make a thread too?

loser

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: DannyLove
I killed Diablo and then Memphisto in Diablo II maybe I should make a thread too?

loser

Considering you felt the need to make 2 consecutive posts in a thread you claim to not care about, I'd say it's pretty apparent who the real "loser" here is.

Not to mention having your BF2 stats in your sig - :laugh:

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
1) Congrats whatever the heck it is (from other people's post, WoW).

2) It sounds like it's a relatively major accomplishment. Regardless of whether some other guild did it first, it doesn't mean it is a trivial task. I remember way back in the day before Sony seriously screwed up EQ1 when we first went to places like Temple of Veeshan, it was a pretty big deal for us. Sure, there were already two or three guilds ahead of us, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't a big ccomplishment to us.

3) People need to stop with the insults. The guy plays a game, most of us do. The very fact that we're on the AT forums pretty much automatically gets us a lifetime membership to the nerds'r'us club.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: akugami
1) Congrats whatever the heck it is (from other people's post, WoW).

2) It sounds like it's a relatively major accomplishment. Regardless of whether some other guild did it first, it doesn't mean it is a trivial task. I remember way back in the day before Sony seriously screwed up EQ1 when we first went to places like Temple of Veeshan, it was a pretty big deal for us. Sure, there were already two or three guilds ahead of us, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't a big ccomplishment to us.

3) People need to stop with the insults. The guy plays a game, most of us do. The very fact that we're on the AT forums pretty much automatically gets us a lifetime membership to the nerds'r'us club.

But, but, but.. you're a bigger nerd than I am. :laugh:

:thumbsup:

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Originally posted by: DannyLove

loser

Considering you felt the need to make 2 consecutive posts in a thread you claim to not care about, I'd say it's pretty apparent who the real "loser" here is.

Not to mention having your BF2 stats in your sig - :laugh:

ah, another WoW fanboi I see