My guild just killed Ragnaros...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Auggie

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2003
Ragnaros is the end boss of the Molten Core area of World of Warcraft - I thought enough people would know that and I wouldn't have to say anything. :p

Yeah, people have been taking Rags for a long time. The thing is, though, that our guild basically started and finished MC from the ground up, a lot like the first round of guilds that went through. I'm super proud of us.

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Wow nerd, go outside. That bright light that's burning your pale white skin, that's called the sun.

:roll:

Auggie

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2003
It's just as big of an accomplishment for us as it was for you guys the first time you took Rags, buddy. :)

Auggie

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2003
In essence, what you're saying is analagous to a 50 year old CEO of a large company telling a younger person who just got their first good job in finance that they are pathetic. Get some perspective - you (or your guild, if you joined your guild after they learned MC) was once exactly right where my guild and I are at right now... and it feels good. Can't wait for some quality Blackwing Lair next. :)

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Auggie
In essence, what you're saying is analagous to a 50 year old CEO of a large company telling a younger person who just got their first good job in finance that they are pathetic. Get some perspective - you (or your guild, if you joined your guild after they learned MC) was once exactly right where my guild and I are at right now... and it feels good. Can't wait for some quality Blackwing Lair next. :)

Umm ya, just follow my advice. ;)

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Baked
Meh, that's child's play. Come back when you have C'Thun on farm. Better yet, don't post anything about WoW until you killed Kel'Thuzad.

I wish you played more WoW.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Guy, WoW is serious business!

I'm glad that you're proud of your guild's accomplishment, but it is not serious business. It is a game, do not lose sight of that fact.

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Are you a member of the Stonecutters Guild?
:music:Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!:music:

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Xyclone
Wow nerd, go outside. That bright light that's burning your pale white skin, that's called the sun.

because everyone who plays an online game is a worthless nerd :roll:

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Zugzwang152
Originally posted by: Xyclone

because everyone who plays an online game is a worthless nerd :roll:

your words, not mine.

Auggie

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2003
I'm actually a PhD candidate in a biochemistry program. But I do play too much WoW. I don't have 14.3k posts like Azraele though.... :p

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Ha, nice. :thumbsup:

My guild consists of 2 people - my wife and I. I don't think we'll be downing MC bosses anytime soon. ;)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I'm so pumped I have to come over here and make an ATOT post! I got my tier 2 pants, baby! Leggings of Transcendence. Woot!

so why do posts like this stay open but posts about legitimate questions on regular software like Excel, Outlook, etc. get locked for being in the wrong forum?

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
My guild killed Huhuran last night. lolnolifemmorpg... actually I just play on weekends and still have managed to get in a good guild.

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
Originally posted by: 3cho
what a sad bunch of people you are.

Hey I play with my wife. No worse then watching football for 8 hours on sunday and ignoring your wife, but at least I am spending time with my SO. :)