My gamestop story

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: CasioTech
Originally posted by: Turin39789
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: dug777
Originally posted by: alrocky
I get a phone call and I can not drive and talk in FL.

I have been stopped plenty of times by police for sitting around in my car.

They tell me to drop my phone and turn off my car.

Cop: There must have been some misunderstanding. I recommend you take your business elsewhere from now on.

Me: I want your name so I can report you to corporate/

Her: I know, I know, I'm sorry, I just... I don't know. You were sitting in your car for a long time.

Her: I'm sorry if you felt humiliated.

Me: No I'd rather write a letter give me your name
Her: Coughs it over

So you talked for a long time with the engine running and you've been "stopped plently of times by the police for sitting around in my car?" This should tell you something.

She gave her name and apologized.

I don't give a crap if she apologized. You wouldn't feel satisfied either. I'm going to get her written up if possible. She only apologized after I threated to have her written up.

personally i agree with her. you wonder through the store. do not buy anything. then go sit in the car for a while.

those places get held up a lot (same with gas stations). i really don't blame her.

seems you are makeing a mountian out of molehill.

Wait, so this means he was committing a crime? Please, if it wasn't CasioTech, would you be making such mindless comments? :laugh:

i don't give 2 shits that it was Casiotech that made the post. Also show me where i said he commited a crime?

I said i don't blame her. those places get held up all the time. he came in acting suspesios and then sat in the car for a while.

Wah, wah, wha. So sitting in a car is a crime is it? Point me to that statute?

can you read? i never said it was against the law.

waht i said is he was acting suspesious to her. she has every right to call if she thinks he may be up to something.

None of this ever happened. Shens has been called on all past, present, and future CasioTech posts.

Thanks for posting. Do you feel better, asshole?

Oh stop it! You big meanie!

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
I get a phone call and I can not drive and talk in FL.

Cop: There must have been some misunderstanding. I recommend you take your business elsewhere from now on.

Her: I know, I know, I'm sorry, I just... I don't know. You were sitting in your car for a long time.

So you talked for a long time with the engine running and you've been "stopped plently of times by the police for sitting around in my car?" This should tell you something.

I don't give a crap if she apologized. You wouldn't feel satisfied either. I'm going to get her written up if possible. She only apologized after I threated to have her written up.

personally i agree with her. you wonder through the store. do not buy anything. then go sit in the car for a while.

those places get held up a lot (same with gas stations). i really don't blame her.

seems you are makeing a mountian out of molehill.

Wait, so this means he was committing a crime? Please, if it wasn't CasioTech, would you be making such mindless comments? :laugh:

i don't give 2 shits that it was Casiotech that made the post. Also show me where i said he commited a crime?

I said i don't blame her. those places get held up all the time. he came in acting suspesios and then sat in the car for a while.

Wah, wah, wha. So sitting in a car is a crime is it? Point me to that statute?

can you read? i never said it was against the law.

waht i said is he was acting suspesious to her. she has every right to call if she thinks he may be up to something.

That really depends on the circumstances. Neither you, nor me, have the slightest real grasp of said circumstances to make that call.

right. but from what he posted i can understand why she called and why the cops showed up.

You CAN understand? Then enlighten me of what I was doing? Maybe she should have called the cops on the little teenagers that were causing a ruckus in that store right before I came in. They seemed suspicious. She clearly profiled me and I'm going to get restitution, one way or another.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: CasioTechYou CAN understand? Then enlighten me of what I was doing? Maybe she should have called the cops on the little teenagers that were causing a ruckus in that store right before I came in. They seemed suspicious. She clearly profiled me and I'm going to get restitution, one way or another.

you went in the store. looked around. went out and sat in the car for a while.

Yes that is suspesios to her so she called the cops.

only restitution you are oging to get is maybe a coupon. But they won't give it to you because they think you are right. they are going to give it to you to shut up.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDI
i wrote a nasty gram to subway corporate. a subway in NC had a special for buffalo chicken sandwich 6" for 1.99. i got a footlong, and the person making it didnt cut it in half. the mgr was on register and charged my $6. i was like WTF?

he said footlong is $6. i told him to cut my sandwich in 1/2, and was charged $1.99 each. WTF indeed.

subway corportate never responded. i stopped going to subway ever since.

Why not order two 6" subs? By ordering the footlong, you get charged for regular price. The manager probably thought WTF, another stupid customer.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
I can admit, shopping at gamestop is for losers. I'm pretty much going to take all my business to amazon if I don't get a satisfactory ending out of this ordeal.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: CasioTechYou CAN understand? Then enlighten me of what I was doing? Maybe she should have called the cops on the little teenagers that were causing a ruckus in that store right before I came in. They seemed suspicious. She clearly profiled me and I'm going to get restitution, one way or another.

only restitution you are oging to get is maybe a coupon. But they won't give it to you because they think you are right. they are going to give it to you to shut up.

Ok, fine, so far I don't even see a coupon or any response for that matter. And no, they will apologize and THEN I, might shut up.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Ok, fine, so far I don't even see a coupon or any response for that matter. And no, they will apologize and THEN I, might shut up.

err you got one.

Her: I know, I know, I'm sorry, I just... I don't know. You were sitting in your car for a long time

i guess you can shut up about it then eh?

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
"My gamestop story" aka "The Loser Story - The life and times of being a loser."

At the end of the day, it's just as insulting as if you'd said it to anyone else on these forums :p

But just because it's some YOU perceive as being an asshole, it's suddenly acceptable.

EDITED.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
"My gamestop story" aka "The Loser Story - The life and times of being a loser."

At the end of the day, it's just as insulting as if you'd said it to anyone else on these forums :p

But just because it's some YOU perceive as being an asshole, it's suddenly acceptable.

EDITED.

wait, what????!! Some of you people perceive me as an asshole!?!? Since...WHEN???

No way, I'm calling Shens on this one.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004

EDITED.

wait, what????!! Some of you people perceive me as an asshole!?!? Since...WHEN???

This is why I'm a fan, at least in part ;)

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000

EDITED.

This is why I'm a fan, at least in part ;)

:heart::lips:

mattjbak

Jun 3, 2005
Same thing happened to me outside a Blockbuster... I'm never rude/hostile (rare occasions), it's just a bored worker with nothing better to do.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000

EDITED.

At the end of the day if anyone else had posted this thread, it would still = fail

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
My GF is Colombian. She hates you, too.

I pity you, son.

FAIL!

uh, no, sir, your g/f fails.

I have one. A hot, South American one.

You have you palms. Hairy ones.

Bigot.

the hell? I have a g/f who's way hotter than any South American one. Especially colombian. I'm pretty sure your g/f has the hairy palms.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
The story was interesting, then I saw who posted this....

LMAO..

if the story was interesting, why should it matter who posted it? :confused:

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
The story was interesting, then I saw who posted this....

LMAO..

if the story was interesting, why should it matter who posted it? :confused:

for the same reason I would laugh if an asshat gets punched in the face :)

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
I get a phone call and I can not drive and talk.

I don't give a crap if she apologized. I'm going to get her written up if possible. She only apologized after I threated to have her written up.

Me: hello
Her: hello
Me: Who am I speaking too?
Her: Who wants to know?
Her: Who's this, why do you want to know, what is this about *nervous tone
Me: You don't remember calling the cops on me earlier?
Her: OKAY THE REASON I DID THAT... *and she went off* You were just hanging around and looking suspicious and I don't want to get robbed...
Me: But I didn't do anything
Me: So I can do that and talk on the phone, what does it matter?
Her: I dunno, I dunno
Me: I spend a lot of money at GS.
If you can remember correctly, you threatened to report before she knew who you were.

I don't care if you agree with her or not, legally it's WRONG and unjust.
---
EDIT: There needs to be consequences for those who are so pompous and cynical to think that the world is filled with nothing but murderer's, robber's and rapist's and try to get them in trouble with the law for no reason is a crime I'm sure.

I guarantee if I called the cops and said that my neighbor is 'suspicious' he can press charges for harassment, etc..
"Cop: Ok, well, she has the right to call the cops. "

You've gone off your rocker! As per this case, you need to brush up on your law.

and then the cops showed up and treated me like i'm some run away convict.
No, it sounds like they treated you fairly and professionally.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
I am ashamed to have participated in this thread now and all of you should be. We all fail here becuase no one, including me, has asked the most important question of all. . .

Was she hawt?

EDIT: And yeah ppl hold up GS and EB. Within a week of opening a brand new store I got robbed for like 4 ps2's, 6 xboxes, a dreamcast and an old atari 2600 in a white box. They were nice I guess since they didn't blast me or anything but it wasn't worth the crap wage they were offeering.