My dog blew a knee ligament and the vet recommends TPLO

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: manowar821
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
Originally posted by: Chryso
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Our rule is anything that costs more than $500 isn't going to happen for a pet.

50 years from now it will be your kids saying:

"Our rule is anything that costs more than $500 isn't going to happen for Dad"

I have my own money. Any money my pets have they are welcome to use.

BTW, I think this may have a bit to do with how much money you have/make.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you probably shouldn't have pets...or kids....and probably even plants.

So because I won't spend my life savings to squeeze a few more months out of an aging dog then I am a bad person? I think perhaps you are just a wee bit insane.

Precisely. This will be debated till dieing days, but for me human /= animal. $500 is a reasonable amount to spend on a close pet. It would have to be a big, friendly, reliable dog for me that I've had for a long time. I won't pay crap for a cat. If my wife wants one I'll let her fund it.

yeah... you're kind of a jerk. one of those "dogs are more alive than cats" types. no respect for you

Kind of a jerk? Where have you been? I AM a jerk :p

Yes I like dogs more than cats, I can't stand cats. My girl has a cat, and if she wants to have one later in life she's welcome to buy it and take care of it. If I step on its take and it claws me I'll call it stupid for sitting there but I wont kill it. The very moment it walks up to me and hisses for some unknown reason and tries to harm me, I will take it to the backyard and put a bullet in it.

And yes, FYI, the moment a dog tries to bite me for some odd reason I will kill it. The animal is there for MY benefit. If it gives me companionship and help I will love it till the day it dies. But I will not allow any animal to think it can be independent and yet still think I'll shelter it and feed it. And cats will always think they are unless you feed it. So I will never like cats.

No respect for you :p

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

life in the ghetto means you shouldn't own a pet.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: slayer202

What's your limit for a child or wife? mother or father?

There is currently not a limit for any of those.

because the taxpayers are covering it right?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
In all these pet debates, you mostly get either those that don't / won't own pets or minors living at home that think they know what stuff costs (and of course the baller's of ATOT that just troll).

A pet is a protected status. One must provide care for them. Euthanasia by a pet professional is the only legal way out of that responsibility if one does not want to surrender the pet.

My cats cost nearly $100 to feed a month. (3 large cats eating about 20lbs of Wellness and a 3oz can of their 'wet food' daily/every other day). I spend another $10 bucks feeding some strays.