My daughter made the honor roll with distinction

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Congrats! Good parenting like this is what's going to increase national test scores and NOT the No Child Left Behind Act, tougher national standards, nor constructivism.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i do well in school... but my parents expect me to.. so i say "yeah i received my report card today. i did well" and they <sarcasm> enthusiastically </sarcasm> say "good" :p

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
i do well in school... but my parents expect me to.. so i say "yeah i received my report card today. i did well" and they <sarcasm> enthusiastically </sarcasm> say "good" :p

Keep up the good work! It will pay off in the end.

I'm sure your parents are really proud of you even though they don't express it well.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Congratulations! Time to start checking to see if your community provides rewards for good grades. When I lived in Atlanta the Braves gave you 6 tickets for an all A report card. We used to collect 12 at a time (2 kids). Of course the Braves weren't the hottest team then, but we enjoyed the games anyway.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Riprorin
This is the first quarter my school has provided awards.

My fourth-grade daughter made the honor roll because she got all As and B+s on her report card and she earned the recongnition with distinction because of her bahavior in class and her positive interactions with other students and teachers.

The recognition starts at 3rd grade and I'm expecting the same for my second-grade son next year. He's a little stronger than my daughter academcially and he's a really personable, and friendly kid.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my kids' success continues.

Sounds good! Just make sure your kids balance play with schoolwork so they won't burn out.

Sysadmin