My daughter made the honor roll with distinction

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
This is the first quarter my school has provided awards.

My fourth-grade daughter made the honor roll because she got all As and B+s on her report card and she earned the recongnition with distinction because of her bahavior in class and her positive interactions with other students and teachers.

The recognition starts at 3rd grade and I'm expecting the same for my second-grade son next year. He's a little stronger than my daughter academcially and he's a really personable, and friendly kid.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my kids' success continues.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Congratulations! :)

Care to share with the rest of us how you raise your kids?

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
dude, she got a B+. You gotta take away all her activities and take away her computer access. Then you have to spy on her and intercept all her mail and stuff.

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Rufio
dude, she got a B+. You gotta take away all her activities and take away her computer access. Then you have to spy on her and intercept all her mail and stuff.

that was this guy?

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: brunswickite
Originally posted by: Rufio

that was this guy?

nope not this guy. :)

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Thats excellent! My middle daughter is in the first grade and can do my fourth grade daughters homework (math, reading, science) which really pisses off my fourth grader...

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Briefly,

My wife is a stay at home mom
They have a good relationship with both sets of grandparents
The kids go to a racially integrated city-Catholic school
I'm home at 5 - 5:30 every day and go over their homework with them every evening
I take them to church every Sunday where they go special service with kids their age and they go to vacation Bible school during the summer
I try to emphasize the golden rule
I support the teachers and emphasize at home the values they are learning at school (The 3R's are being strongly emphasized this year: Respect, Responsibilty, and Reliability)

I think that these are some of the reasons that they are doing so well.

RMSistight

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Riprorin

My fourth-grade daughter made the honor roll because she got all As and B+s on her report card and she earned the recongnition with distinction because of her bahavior in class and her positive interactions with other students and teachers.

The recognition starts at 3rd grade and I'm expecting the same for my second-grade son next year. He's a little stronger than my daughter academcially and he's a really personable, and friendly kid.

Keep it up man! Parental involvement is one of the key aspects towards producing a successful child. Most students that I've seen that have gotten poor grades was because their parents didn't show any interest in their academics. So if their parents don't care, why should they care? And of course, parents that take their kids to private often want to get their money's worth. Whereas public schools, kids don't seem to care. Keep on them strong and hard, you'll have kids who will excel.

djNickb

Oct 16, 2003
Originally posted by: RMSistight

Keep it up man! Parental involvement is one of the key aspects towards producing a successful child. Most students that I've seen that have gotten poor grades was because their parents didn't show any interest in their academics. So if their parents don't care, why should they care? And of course, parents that take their kids to private often want to get their money's worth. Whereas public schools, kids don't seem to care. Keep on them strong and hard, you'll have kids who will excel.

I completely agree. My parents were very active in my school career and as a result I graduated valedictorian of my HS class, got a full ride to college and found a job less than 2 months after graduation. My younger sister was also valedictorian of her class and got a full ride to college where she is now. Cept she went to my rival school :evil: my little brother just started high school this year, we'll see how he does at the end of his high school career. He is smart but I'm not sure if he is as motivated as me and my sister were in high school.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Briefly,

I'm home at 5 - 5:30 every day and go over their homework with them every evening
I take them to church every Sunday where they go special service with kids their age and they go to vacation Bible school during the summer
I support the teachers and emphasize at home the values they are learning at school (The 3R's are being strongly emphasized this year: Respect, Responsibilty, and Reliability)

So in other words, you're using basic, common sense.

WOW!! :D;)

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
Briefly,

Catholic School :disgust:

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: oniq
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
Briefly,

Catholic School :disgust:

My kids love their school. They have an all day pre-school starting 3 years old. This is my daughter's 7th year there and she's never had a sick day. My son's been at the school 4 years and he's had 1 sick day.

They wake up every morning enthusiastic about going to school.

The school provides a good nurturing environement; I have no complaints at all.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Just keep them off the hard drugs and they should be fine.

KK

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
pit them against each other and make them fight each other for their parent's respect.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Congrats.

But I hope you don't put an honor roll bumper sticker on your car... I think the bumper stickers that say "my kid beat up your honor roll kid" are sweet.

BTW, I made honor roll one year (I really was not that kind of student) and didn't realize it until someone showed me my name on the list. I was like..> WHOA.