()&#@^()&^@ MY CAR!!! *&$_@^$_(^$_(@

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Whoa, that's f'ed up. :Q:|

If the only damage is the window though, the good news is that it should be a relatively inexpensive fix. Shouldn't even have to use insurance. :)

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: SilverThief
Did they take anything?

luckily no.

Originally posted by: Vic
If the only damage is the window though, the good news is that it should be a relatively inexpensive fix. Shouldn't even have to use insurance. :)

nope :( damage is to the body too... you can see a big "cave-in" in the upper right corner of the window (i re-uploaded the picture with the area circled)... gonna have to replace the quarter-panel... and the impact caused inside molding to come off too :|

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Jilted lover? Thief? SUV-hater? Man that sucks, I'd probably feel like killing someone as well. :( I bet that cover over the rear tempted them to break inside. Probably thought you had some shopping bags full of stuff or something valuable under there.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: guyver01
nope :( damage is to the body too... you can see a big "cave-in" in the upper right corner of the window... gonna have to replace the quarter-panel... and the impact caused inside molding to come off too :|
Oops, forgot to maximize the pic. :eek:

That really sucks :(:|:|:|

Sh!tty.

Someone decided it was cool to destroy my drivers side rearview mirror a month or two back.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Mill
Jilted lover? Thief? SUV-hater? Man that sucks, I'd probably feel like killing someone as well. :( I bet that cover over the rear tempted them to break inside. Probably thought you had some shopping bags full of stuff or something valuable under there.

I do not think they lifted it up though. The glass is still on it, and if they had lifted it the glass would have slid off or over to the edge.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Did you have an alarm ?

I almost went with one of those remote alarms that page you when the car alarm went off... I'd think that would come in handy...

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
Did you have an alarm ?

I almost went with one of those remote alarms that page you when the car alarm went off... I'd think that would come in handy...

yep.. have an alarm. trying to find out from the dealer WTF happend that it did not go off.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

I do not think they lifted it up though. The glass is still on it, and if they had lifted it the glass would have slid off or over to the edge.

Yeah, someone mentioned that to me in neochat. Wonder why they did it then... vandals?

Yeah, someone mentioned that to me in neochat. Wonder why they did it then... vandals?
Asshole children who think it's funny to destroy others property.

They will get theirs when they grow up and the same thing happens to them.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SampSon

Do does that mean you and guvyer used to vandalize other people's sh!t? :p

Originally posted by: SampSon

Do does that mean you and guvyer used to vandalize other people's sh!t? :p
Yup.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I remember I was leaving work one night back when I was working fulltime. I found my car in the same condition just about: my passenger side 3/4 glass was smashed in, with nothing taken out of the car, and thankfully no scratches on the paint. It was obvious someone smashed the window for apparently no reason :| I can relate to your anger, talk to your insurance company, I'm sure they'll take care of it for ya....

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
what? they didnt take anything? i always thought that if i didnt leave anything in the car it'd be protected from smashed windows.

but then again, someone smashed my dad's car window too and didnt take anything.