()&#@^()&^@ MY CAR!!! *&$_@^$_(^$_(@

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UlricT

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2002
could it be someone who did this accidentally.. ( baseball comes to mind), and then took off?

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: UlricT
could it be someone who did this accidentally.. ( baseball comes to mind), and then took off?

i don't think a baseball could break the window and manage to dent the car

VTboy

Banned
Oct 13, 2003
I think I know how to do that with out making the alarm go off.

So last summer I was using the weed wacker ( I think thats what you call it) to trim the edges of my parents grass. You know it has the spinging string at the bottom that cuts the grass. So a small pebble was picked up my the machine and flung into my parents VAN. This rock only 1cm in diameter caused damage simmilar to what you see on your window. The alarm never went off. It was because how the glass brock. Such a small object caused it to shater.

edit: NM I didn't see the small dent.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: gopunk

I bet a swing of the bat could have easily done that damage. Perhaps three swings from the looks of it. one hit to the top of the car hits all car and no window leaving a large dent, they get pissed and swing again hitting slightly lower to the right, making a second dent and cracking the window. See how right below the 2nd dent the glass is cracked differently then the rest.. at almost the exact same width. Then a third whack finishes off the window, and they run away.

VTboy

Banned
Oct 13, 2003
Originally posted by: TallBill

I bet a swing of the bat could have easily done that damage. Perhaps three swings from the looks of it. one hit to the top of the car hits all car and no window leaving a large dent, they get pissed and swing again hitting slightly lower to the right, making a second dent and cracking the window. See how right below the 2nd dent the glass is cracked differently then the rest.. at almost the exact same width. Then a third whack finishes off the window, and they run away.

Remember it doesn't take much to shater a winder. If the bat hit the car and just a part of the window at the same time then it would have shatered the winder and dented the car. Remember my story of how a rock that was 1cm in diameter compleatly shatered a window like that when it struck it.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
This almost happened to my car. Some ghetto dweller tried to jimmy my passenger side door open by wedging something in between the window and the trim. Luckily, I guess something scared him off before he was able to get it open, as all that was messed up was the trim. Where I live, though, you just have to accept it.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: VTboy
Originally posted by: TallBill

Remember it doesn't take much to shater a winder. If the bat hit the car and just a part of the window at the same time then it would have shatered the winder and dented the car. Remember my story of how a rock that was 1cm in diameter compleatly shatered a window like that when it struck it.

It still coulda been two swings then. The first one entirely misses the window. Second woulda burninated it.

NorthRiver

Golden Member
May 6, 2002
My truck got broken into this week. They took the stereo, amp, moto riding pants, snowboard pants, shoes, and a couple sweaters. The quater glass on a F250 super cab is 569.00. I am pretty hot about this also. Fvcken punks!!!!!!

Wouldn't have had so much in the truck but I went riding, and spaced off taking everything out.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
:|

Shooting the person in the face isn't personal enough. You get to hit them in the face with your fist as many times as you want. Or in the case of a male culprit... the gonads are good too. That's it... get that summabeatch to cough up blood.

I just wanna catch someone in the act of attempting it... even if I'm not the victim so I can beat the living crap out of them for the owner's sake. Then hold them down while th owner takes a few whacks at them.