My back hurts every day I wake up

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by manlymatt83, Oct 5, 2008.

1. manlymatt83

manlymatt83 Diamond Member

For the past 2 weeks, every day I wake up, whether I slept on the floor, on a couch, or in a really comfy bed, my upper back KILLS, to the point where I feel like I can't even move. When I force myself out of bed, after a few hours it starts to feel better, and by evening I usually can't even feel it anymore, but then the cycle starts the next morning again.

I went to the doctor two weeks ago and she mentioned at that time it was probably just a cold since I had no other symptoms (and other than being really tired and weak feeling lately, I don't other symptoms - throat, nose, etc. are all fine).

Any ideas? Could this be stress?

2. Tempered81

Tempered81 Diamond Member

stress. start stretching out, being active & eating right.

3. LilPima

LilPima Golden Member

Could be stress.... but why are you stressed? Life is great, you run every day, I think you enjoy your new job, no one harrasses you, etc. You did also used to be very sore at previously stressful times... so it makes sense.

4. presidentender

presidentender Golden Member

I'd say try a massage. If it doesn't work long-term, at least you got a massage. They're fun.

5. LilPima

LilPima Golden Member

no happy ending

6. skace

skace Lifer

I remember a period when mine used to hurt every morning. Only thing I've done differently since then is working out.

7. wheresmybacon

wheresmybacon Diamond Member

do you weight train?

8. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

You might try rowing. It's not the most exciting exercise in the world, but after a few weeks if your form is right you should notice a significant increase in back strength.

9. SociallyChallenged

I support this statement. Back pain is often a product of overbearing "front" muscular formation. In proportion, overdevelopment of the pecs majors, minors, and other muscles can promote bad posture and bad back positioning. This can put a strain on the musculature, the spine, etc. Strengthening the entire back can help counter this and fix many problems entirely, depending on what your's may be.

10. loki8481

loki8481 Lifer

massage would be my first guess as well.

I was experiencing something similar a couple years ago... the problem fixed itself when I was in a moderately bad car accident. I'm guessing the force from the impact fixed whatever was wrong, but a message would have been cheaper :p

11. azilaga

azilaga Senior member

LOL

12. Jahee

Jahee Platinum Member

Don't wake up?

13. zhentong

zhentong Junior Member

i think you got a bad posture ... probraly with the posture when you sit in front of the computer ...

i used to have those symptoms too
    if that's your case, u might have to check out on the web on how to improve posture ..

sit up with your back straight on the wall should help? use heat vapor anti-inflamation oinment on the back helps (since this is an cronic pain, so heat is good)

hope this works

14. brikis98

brikis98 Diamond Member

If it keeps happening, see the doctor again, or consider a chiropractor. You can also try some of the exercises and stretches linked to in this thread, although they are more lower back focused. However, if it's a serious problem for you, you should seek professional help.

15. Atty

Atty Golden Member

What happens on days you don't wake up? o_O