My 20WMGX2 Just arrived

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Zebo
Those pixels should massage themselves out. Give it a week to burn in too. As far as I'm concerned this is the best LCD bar none, but should only be purchased B&M like frys to facilitate returns. Mainly because anyone spending $750 on a 20" is going to want perfect and with some reports of backlight bleed and dead pixels sending though post may make finding the right one expensive. I was lucky to get a perfect one first try.

Allright. I'll give it some time. I called NEC tech support and they were very helpful, said I could take it back but I guess I'll wait a week or so and see. This sucks :(.

Washoe

Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Crescent13
Originally posted by: Zebo
Those pixels should massage themselves out. Give it a week to burn in too. As far as I'm concerned this is the best LCD bar none, but should only be purchased B&M like frys to facilitate returns. Mainly because anyone spending $750 on a 20" is going to want perfect and with some reports of backlight bleed and dead pixels sending though post may make finding the right one expensive. I was lucky to get a perfect one first try.

Allright. I'll give it some time. I called NEC tech support and they were very helpful, said I could take it back but I guess I'll wait a week or so and see. This sucks :(.

awww, I know the feeling too. I recently had a nice bad-ass sapphire X1900XTX shipped to me from newegg but it bombed out in like 30 minutes! I'm in the middle of the RMA process now - shipping it back to newegg, then they send the replacement after they get the defective item. So total wait time from me ordering to finally getting to use it, is gonna be around 2 weeks, hopefully not more than that.

That's good news that you can take it back though, at least you'll be able to work it out somehow.

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
^^

lol yeah. I just tried massaging the new pixels, and they went away and different ones popped up outside of where i was rubbing :Q. I rubbed those, and they moved again. Thees pixels are freaky and I dont' think they will be going away. I think I might just RMA it and get a 2405FPW.

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Allrighty, been thinking about it overnight, and I've pretty much decided to return it, get a Dell 2007FP/WFP, and use the saved money to either get a second 7800GT, or sell my 7800GT and get a 7900GTX.

stelleg151

Sep 2, 2004
Haha, not going to gain any fans here doing that. Although I support it, my 2005 still going strong.

EDIT: You considered the Viewsonic?

santz

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2006
NO BACKLIGHT BLEEDING AT ALL!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! But 1 stuck pixel :(. It's blue. I only see it when i run something that turns the whole screen dark. I don't think I'll return it because of this, but it's still there. Oh well, it's so small when I'm playing games I don't notice it. Actually, i don't notice it at all unless i look for it. so that's okay. I'm so excited! :D

why dont u call the manufacturer and ask them to send you a new one, tell that after you get the new one you will send the old one back.

many manufacturers like dell and amazon do this so that way you wont have to deal without being yur new monitor even for a second.

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: santz
NO BACKLIGHT BLEEDING AT ALL!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! But 1 stuck pixel :(. It's blue. I only see it when i run something that turns the whole screen dark. I don't think I'll return it because of this, but it's still there. Oh well, it's so small when I'm playing games I don't notice it. Actually, i don't notice it at all unless i look for it. so that's okay. I'm so excited! :D

why dont u call the manufacturer and ask them to send you a new one, tell that after you get the new one you will send the old one back.

many manufacturers like dell and amazon do this so that way you wont have to deal without being yur new monitor even for a second.

read the whole thread before you post.

yank51

Mar 13, 2006
Well, I recieved my new 20WMGX2 2 days ago, and have been thrilled since... No pixel or backlight issues at all, so I'm enjoying it very much. One note though. When you first open the box, right on the top, is a notice (on bright yellow paper, BTW) to not contact or send this monitor back to where you purchased it, but to contact NEC directly... I, of course, have not had to follew throught on that, but I found it in keeping with everything I've heard about NEC. I haven't tried to use the TV portion yet, but since I didn't purchase this monitor for that function anyway, it's kinda far down on my list of things to worry about. This is my first LCD, and I'm very happy with it. Very, very impressive, nice looking monitor.....