My 20WMGX2 Just arrived

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
NO BACKLIGHT BLEEDING AT ALL!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! But 1 stuck pixel :(. It's blue. I only see it when i run something that turns the whole screen dark. I don't think I'll return it because of this, but it's still there. Oh well, it's so small when I'm playing games I don't notice it. Actually, i don't notice it at all unless i look for it. so that's okay. I'm so excited! :D

EDIT: Allright I've come to a descision. I left the monitor on all night and the small white spots I saw dissapearred. I guess they weren't dead pixels, it just needed burned in. I am going to keep this monitor, the 1 stuck pixel only shows up on a black screen, and is impossible to see from more than a foot away. It's a big hassle to RMA, and if i do, I might not get lucky with one that has perfect backlight.

allies

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Congrats! I'm envious... I'm gonna be shellin out for a new monitor this summer I think, and right now the NEC is at the top of my list.

Tweakin

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2000
Originally posted by: 5150Joker
Considering how expensive that monitor is for a 20" WS LCD, I'd return it if it was anything less than perfect.

I have to agree with joker...at that price nothing short of perfect is acceptable.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Tweakin
Originally posted by: 5150Joker
Considering how expensive that monitor is for a 20" WS LCD, I'd return it if it was anything less than perfect.

I have to agree with joker...at that price nothing short of perfect is acceptable.

I agree, that sucker would already be on the way back :thumbsdown:

Dethfrumbelo

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2004
Shouldn't QC be able to easily find stuck/dead pixels?

I think they let it pass because they know that only 1 in 5 people will actually return it for 1 stuck pixel.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Dethfrumbelo
Shouldn't QC be able to easily find stuck/dead pixels?

I think they let it pass because they know that only 1 in 5 people will actually return it for 1 stuck pixel.

They let it pass because the dead pixel policy is spelled out in the warranty. I'd return it too though. Too much money not to have a perfect product and it kills resale value. I'd even eat a 15% restocking fee just to get a perfect one, since it would help resale value. Not sure if I'd eat two restocking fees though.

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Yeah guys, but this one has perfect backlight. No bleed at all. If i send it back i might get one with all those backlight bleeding problems that people have been having. To me it's not worth the risk. I'd rather have 1 stuck pixel that i can't see, instead of huge backlight bleeding problems.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Originally posted by: Crescent13
Yeah guys, but this one has perfect backlight. No bleed at all. If i send it back i might get one with all those backlight bleeding problems that people have been having. To me it's not worth the risk. I'd rather have 1 stuck pixel that i can't see, instead of huge backlight bleeding problems.

That's why I like dealing with Dell. You can send back the monitor as many times as you want till you get the perfect one. I hear the Dell 2007 WS is a pretty nice monitor too.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
A Dell 2005FPw may not be the pinnacle of LCD quality, but its big, its cheap, and it gets the job done.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: iRONic
NO BACKLIGHT BLEEDING AT ALL!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! But 1 stuck pixel :(. It's blue. I only see it when i run something that turns the whole screen dark.
Have you tried this?

http://udpix.free.fr/

I've got a stuck pixel on my LCD here at work. It's on the border and doesn't bother me but I'm going to give this a try just to see if it works.

Thanks! :D

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I had a stuck pixel on my 215tw and used the massges trick to fix it. :thumbsup:

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
WTF! I just massaged the area around the stuck pixel, and about 5-7 more stuck pixels are there now. they are only viewable at certain angles, unlike the blue one, but they are there! Maybe I should return it?

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
WTF! I just massaged the area around the stuck pixel, and about 5-7 more stuck pixels are there now. they are only viewable at certain angles, unlike the blue one, but they are there! Maybe I should return it?

You dont wanna press real hard also did you turn the monitor off massage it then turn it on?

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
It is a risk to do it but if done right it does work or CAN work. You can try some more and see if you can fix it if not return it. Just remember tho its not a given and like you saw it can cause more to pop up. Dont give up hope just yet be gentle with it maybe you can get it fixed.

How I did mine was I took a microfiber towel and covered my finger, found the pixel turned the monitor off massaged it gently turned it on and the pixel was lighter, the 2nd time I did it the pixel was fixed. I had a red pixel on a white background.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Those pixels should massage themselves out. Give it a week to burn in too. As far as I'm concerned this is the best LCD bar none, but should only be purchased B&M like frys to facilitate returns. Mainly because anyone spending $750 on a 20" is going to want perfect and with some reports of backlight bleed and dead pixels sending though post may make finding the right one expensive. I was lucky to get a perfect one first try.

Washoe

Nov 13, 2003
ouch Crescent :( hope you can get it worked out, or possibly RMA for another one.