Musk complains about Cali cutting solar power incentives

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The same guy who was always a hypocrite about all this stuff, and we called him out for it, and was recently quoted as saying he is against all government subsidies, is now bitching because Cali is cutting some solar power incentives. I mean the guy's hypocrisy knows no bounds, but his shallow soulless garbage cultists will still worship him. It's been obvious to all sane people the guy is a total hypocrite.

a month ago he said government should cut all subsidies. But as we all know, who aren't in his panties, the guy is just about himself and nothing else. Or if you own his stock like some. You care about nothing but your money, and fuck integrity.

Reactions: repoman0

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Anybody who can see anything about Musk would have to be a sycophantic worm and Mammon worshiper. Electric cars, solar roofing, tunnels, rural high speed broadband service, lower cost space flight, these things are all so evil. Of course there is a possibility that my opinion could be based on some inner bias I would prefer not to see. Vanishingly small, mind you…….

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The same guy who was always a hypocrite about all this stuff, and we called him out for it, and was recently quoted as saying he is against all government subsidies, is now bitching because Cali is cutting some solar power incentives. I mean the guy's hypocrisy knows no bounds, but his shallow soulless garbage cultists will still worship him. It's been obvious to all sane people the guy is a total hypocrite.

a month ago he said government should cut all subsidies. But as we all know, who aren't in his panties, the guy is just about himself and nothing else. Or if you own his stock like some. You care about nothing but your money, and fuck integrity.

Well, logically, getting rid of solar subsidies is different from getting rid of all subsidies, my programmer brain dont see the conflicting statements here.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Well, logically, getting rid of solar subsidies is different from getting rid of all subsidies, my programmer brain dont see the conflicting statements here.

How so, other than solar subsidies being a subset of all subsidies. So, if one advocates for the elimination of all govt. subsidies, obviously that includes solar subsidies. Can't be otherwise. So advocating eliminating all subsidies yet crying about a subset of subsidies being eliminated is hypocrisy.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
How so, other than solar subsidies being a subset of all subsidies. So, if one advocates for the elimination of all govt. subsidies, obviously that includes solar subsidies. Can't be otherwise. So advocating eliminating all subsidies yet crying about a subset of subsidies being eliminated is hypocrisy.

Yes, subset, not the whole set.

So, cut down and all other things being equal lets say the whole set is a set of two, coal and solar, and the subset of one is that of solar.
Remove subsidies on solar but not on coal = bad
Remove subsidies on solar and coal = good

Logic :).

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

He wants to keep the subsidies that benefit his company, but end the subsidies that have ended for Tesla but go to the other upstart EV manufactures as they try to get their EV platforms off the ground.

No subsidies for Lucid, Rivian, or even Ford, GM, Hyundai (even considering TLSAs market cap is 10x that of Ford.)

Basically he wants to corner the market on EVs after he got all these govt subsidies that helped get his company off the ground. It's bullshit and he can go F himself on that one.

Reactions: Zorba and ivwshane

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Really I think the question should be why we aren't extending the tax credit for domestically produced EVs and building of charging stations. We need to continue to accelerate the electrification of the transportation fleet.

Then I remember Joe Manchin and how we can't try to have nice things because we'll just spend all the money on drugs.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

I'm completely shocked. /s One of his worshiper's will be along to completely defend him.

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
The guy who made his fortune on the back of government infrastructure complaining about infrastructure spending?

We are supposed to take that seriously?
I think that "infrastructure" covers it, but to put a fine point on it: This guy's success is directly attributable to subsidies paid to his company and subsidies paid to the people who buy his product.

And yes, so many people who buy those things are in a fucking cult. I will wait for a few more years and hope that inevitable bugs get worked out of the Lightning and that I maybe I can take a trip in a direct route versus having to follow a path to keep my stupid truck charged up. More hybrids please!

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Uber wealthy dude is kind of a dick. News at 11. I do feel stupid for not buying shares when I could afford to, he sure does know how to print money.

Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He wants to keep the subsidies that benefit his company, but end the subsidies that have ended for Tesla but go to the other upstart EV manufactures as they try to get their EV platforms off the ground.

No subsidies for Lucid, Rivian, or even Ford, GM, Hyundai (even considering TLSAs market cap is 10x that of Ford.)

Basically he wants to corner the market on EVs after he got all these govt subsidies that helped get his company off the ground. It's bullshit and he can go F himself on that one.

That might well be the case, I wont speculate into that, I was just pointing out the fallacy of the alleged hypocrisy in the stated case.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
What do you code, Rube Goldberg machines? :p

"Subsidies for me, but not for thee." How is that not hypocrisy? Everybody else sees it.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Uber wealthy dude is kind of a dick. News at 11. I do feel stupid for not buying shares when I could afford to, he sure does know how to print money.

Could be worse, I bought a good amount, then sold way too early (didn't follow my plan, but panicked...). *Sigh*

Appreciate what he's done for the EV market, but got no illusions that he's selfless.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
No it doesn’t.

One dude says :
"Drop all subsidies"

Government says :
"We are gonna drop half the subsidies"

One dude says :
"THATS NOT WHAT I SAID"

ATPN says :
"Yes it was, YOU HYPOCRITE".

I can only surmise that some of you are emotional on the subject, so, im out.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Musk is a douche, but I don't want them gutting rooftop solar subsidies in my state. They say it's because it raises rates for people who don't have it. So what. More people need to get it. The incentives are in the right place right now.

Reactions: hal2kilo

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Musk is a douche, but I don't want them gutting rooftop solar subsidies in my state. They say it's because it raises rates for people who don't have it. So what. More people need to get it. The incentives are in the right place right now.

Yeah the PUC is going to come under substantial political pressure not do adopt these proposed rules because lots of people are gonna be real pissed.