Multivitamin

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
I know so people hate on them but I like taking them. That being said, I have been using the One a Day for awhile but I read about all these ones made for people who lift. The only thing is I am not sure which one to go for. Ive read a lot of good about GNC's Mega Man pack but 40.00 bucks a month is a little steep. Ive also read good stuff about Orange Triad. What are some of the ones that you guys use/used? And like/dislikes?

Pantlegz

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2007
I've heard nothing but good things about orange triad, I'm going to pick some up in a few days when my current multi runs out.

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
Unfortunately it's not workout related, but I work in a call center, and I noticed a substantial reduction in how often I was getting sick / feeling crummy for a day after I started taking Emergen-C.

With that said, it's expensive, but they do taste good.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Orange Triad's good, Muscle Pharm Armor-V's what I currently take. It has a lot of good stuff in it. If you are a lifter and don't mind swallowing a ton of pills Animal Pak gets a lot of praise. I think it's like 15 pills a day though lol. I see people on BB.com showing a lot of love to Gaspari's Anavite too.

Dallascisco

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2003
If Mega Men is too expensive then try GNC Solotron. Not quite as much stuff but still decent.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
I think I might go with Orange Triad. Amazon has it for 22.00 and its a 45 day supply.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
I doubt you need it. Vitamin D supplementation may help, but for all other vitamins, it is more likely to harm your health than help it.

Sep 29, 2004
I probably take a daily vitamin every other day. With other food intake, I don't see a real need for daily supplemation.

Slappy00

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2002
Private label multivitamin (one a day) ... just read the back label and see if the profile meets what you are looking for. There are small differences between brands but most adult non-novelty brands are pretty similar.

Awkward

Mar 29, 2011
get something that is derived from raw food sources that is also iron free(very important) such as vitamin code

Mar 22, 2002
because men already have an abundance of iron stored in tissue

Um, I don't know if this explanation is actually true. Men don't need iron supplementation because we don't bleed on a regular basis. Due to women's menstruation, they regularly lose blood and significant amounts of iron. Men don't have that issue, thus dietary iron is typically more than enough to sustain us.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
The amount of misinformation in this thread is just frustrating. Most men don't need iron supplementation because they don't bleed 5-7 days each month. In fact, even most women don't need iron supplementation; even most women with menorrhagia don't need iron supplementation. Only vegetarians/vegans, pregnant women, and people with huge amounts of bleeding loss during menstruation (around the order of 80-100mL per day) I would say require regular iron supplementation. Nobody else actually needs it - meat is a very rich source of iron, and the body is very efficient at retaining it. The difference between male and female required intakes of iron is almost purely due to menstrual loss - post-menopausal women require a similar amount of iron to similar-age men, which is also the same as the intake for 20-year old men. No, taking a multivitamin every other day won't actually make a difference. If you aren't deficient, you don't need it anyway, and if you are deficient, then taking a multivitamin won't help that much either.

What's even more frustrating, though, is that you guys all take this information completely uncritically and don't take the time to quality-control this information that currently has an open highway into your head. I expect that with whatever I say, someone will do background reading into it and correct me if I'm wrong - this helps me as much as everyone else. Whereas you guys are just sitting there pouring information into each other's heads with no clue and no care as to whether it's the elixir of life or radioactive sludge.

Last edited:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
The amount of misinformation in this thread is just frustrating. Most men don't need iron supplementation because they don't bleed 5-7 days each month. In fact, even most women don't need iron supplementation; even most women with menorrhagia don't need iron supplementation. Only vegetarians/vegans, pregnant women, and people with huge amounts of bleeding loss during menstruation (around the order of 80-100mL per day) I would say require regular iron supplementation. Nobody else actually needs it - meat is a very rich source of iron, and the body is very efficient at retaining it. The difference between male and female required intakes of iron is almost purely due to menstrual loss - post-menopausal women require a similar amount of iron to similar-age men, which is also the same as the intake for 20-year old men. No, taking a multivitamin every other day won't actually make a difference. If you aren't deficient, you don't need it anyway, and if you are deficient, then taking a multivitamin won't help that much either.

What's even more frustrating, though, is that you guys all take this information completely uncritically and don't take the time to quality-control this information that currently has an open highway into your head. I expect that with whatever I say, someone will do background reading into it and correct me if I'm wrong - this helps me as much as everyone else. Whereas you guys are just sitting there pouring information into each other's heads with no clue and no care as to whether it's the elixir of life or radioactive sludge.

Wtf are you talking about. Because I said 'interesting, thanks?', lol. And does someone have to qualify to people like yourself (or others here), why they may not have a balanced diet full of enough vitamins and minerals for their day/week and/or why they are interested in looking into a multivitamin? I hope you enjoyed your mental masturbation, but I found it a bit annoying.

I also hope others continue to chime in on multivitamin experiences/recs, and get past these types of responses.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
Wtf are you talking about. Because I said 'interesting, thanks?', lol. And does someone have to qualify to people like yourself (or others here), why they may not have a balanced diet full of enough vitamins and minerals for their day/week and/or why they are interested in looking into a multivitamin? I hope you enjoyed your mental masturbation, but I found it a bit annoying.

I also hope others continue to chime in on multivitamin experiences/recs, and get past these types of responses.

Feeling a bit insecure?

You can keep on believing that men don't require as much iron as women because they accumulate more iron in their muscle. Or, you can go look it up (because you can easily do that now) and find out the truth.

You can go on believing that taking a multivitamin 'doesn't hurt'. Or, you can go look it up and find out that vitamins, especially the fat soluble ones, can cause significant morbidity and mortality in people taking them, especially when combined with other nutrition sources, not just through acute overdoses, but through chronic overexposure over decades. It's really no skin off my back whether you read what I write or not. It's your money, and your health, and if you want to waste one or both, then that's completely up to you.

Also, the plural of anecdote is not evidence.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Feeling a bit insecure?

You can keep on believing that men don't require as much iron as women because they accumulate more iron in their muscle. Or, you can go look it up (because you can easily do that now) and find out the truth.

You can go on believing that taking a multivitamin 'doesn't hurt'. Or, you can go look it up and find out that vitamins, especially the fat soluble ones, can cause significant morbidity and mortality in people taking them, especially when combined with other nutrition sources, not just through acute overdoses, but through chronic overexposure over decades. It's really no skin off my back whether you read what I write or not. It's your money, and your health, and if you want to waste one or both, then that's completely up to you.

Also, the plural of anecdote is not evidence.

It's unfortunate you took a response, thanking someone for their reply, to mean their reply was absorbed as fact which one's life is based around. Are you familiar with reading comprehension, ever been tested on it? Vitamin B deficiencies here perhaps??

And no need flaming other non-admirers of your ego-indulging drivel, you condescending bantering fvcktard, lol.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
It's unfortunate you took a response, thanking someone for their reply, to mean their reply was absorbed as fact which one's life is based around. Are you familiar with reading comprehension, ever been tested on it? Vitamin B deficiencies here perhaps??

And no need flaming other non-admirers of your ego-indulging drivel, you condescending bantering fvcktard, lol.

1) You started the flaming first.
2) It's interesting how you feel the need to continue replying, even though you obviously think my replies are worthless.
3) It's ironic how on a discussion about vitamins, and by extension, vitamin deficiencies, you show a complete lack of understanding about how clinical vitamin deficiencies manifest.

Feeling more insecure?

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
1) You started the flaming first.
2) It's interesting how you feel the need to continue replying, even though you obviously think my replies are worthless.
3) It's ironic how on a discussion about vitamins, and by extension, vitamin deficiencies, you show a complete lack of understanding about how clinical vitamin deficiencies manifest.

Feeling more insecure?

Now, if I'm the insecure one, why did you reply/feel the need to defend yourself, and suspiciously use that to throw in another d!ckhead pinhead jab while you are at it? It's to the point of embarrassing watching someone shadow box with themselves and lose.

But since I'm the insecure one, I guess I had to get the last word in. Which it will be for me, as I put Mr. Ftard on 'ignore'. Only because I don't want to see how low I can go in this competitive flamefest, particularly because I have eerie suspicions you're capable of being an even bigger @sshole.

It's a shame, because you might know what you're talking about. But I'd rather listen to grass grow than read more of your emotionally fragile cockstretching efforts to prove how much value you have to yourself.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
Now, if I'm the insecure one, why did you reply/feel the need to defend yourself, and suspiciously use that to throw in another d!ckhead pinhead jab while you are at it? It's to the point of embarrassing watching someone shadow box with themselves and lose.

But since I'm the insecure one, I guess I had to get the last word in. Which it will be for me, as I put Mr. Ftard on 'ignore'. Only because I don't want to see how low I can go in this competitive flamefest, particularly because I have eerie suspicions you're capable of being an even bigger @sshole.

It's a shame, because you might know what you're talking about. But I'd rather listen to grass grow than read more of your emotionally fragile cockstretching efforts to prove how much value you have to yourself.

1) Again with the insults. Do you have no other method of expression? Fucktard this, and dickhead that. Really.
2) My goal is to provide as much information as possible. What is your goal?
3) I could certainly be a bigger asshole. I could be like you, for example.
4) It's sad that what matters more to you is not what is being told you, but how it's told.