Multiple job offers.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I got jury duty.
First time in my 41 years on planet earth.
Wont be starting my new job until at least January 29th.

The coincidence is almost suspicious.

• Haha
Reactions: snoopy7548

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
It's jury selection, shorty will be disqualified immediately.
Or he'll get on a 6 month trial, the rona will go away 3/15/21 and all jerbs in the country will be filled and the economy back to normal.

Thanks, shorty, for taking one for the team.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Or he'll get on a 6 month trial, the rona will go away 3/15/21 and all jerbs in the country will be filled and the economy back to normal.

Thanks, shorty, for taking one for the team.

dude has criminal record, no way they pick him

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
they all pay shit.

I can either work on milk bottling machinery, or industrial HVAC, both are assembly line and require more knowledge than I have but they will train me.

I guess beggars ≠ choosers.
HVAC will lead to more marketable skills IMO.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I will not lie

There's a big difference between lying and only listing job skills relevant to the position you are applying for. In fact this is both expected AND (usually) appreciated by the people doing the hiring.

If you don't do this you shouldn't be surprised by the explanations you've been given and by most folks just passing your resume right over.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
It was really good pay that's for sure. It's true about dying too. We lost a deckhand steaming from Seattle to the Bering Sea. Cap got called back to shore for the inevitable lawsuit.

Gutting fish was the fun part. The first couple days out at sea and the long hours were the parts that sucked for me. Were you out at Ketchikan?

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't even see yours.

I never made it out of my home state so I don't know any local stuff about the industry. I chickened out.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante