Mueller probe close to completion per acting AG Whitaker

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
So, that meeting in Trump Tower really was about adoptions?

Oh I have no doubt that Trump is very guilty of emoluments violations and that he wanted to build Towers where-ever...

Obviously Saudi Arabia, Russians, and whomever else staying at Trump owned hotels and paying exorbitant fees is easily questionable.

Now what nearly everyone wants to see happen so that Hillary can say that she campaigned without severe unforced errors? That's what appears to be in doubt.

But who knows maybe something will happen such that his sources change what they are telling him between now and the Mueller report release.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well seeing as how Jonathan Karl isn't some off the wall hack and is a member of a major news division like ABC

One has to wonder if Jonathan Karl is right and Mueller's report will be a let down in some regard?

I'm taking a wait and see approach....

I'd love for it to be True because that would mean trouble for the NRA over alleged use of Russian money in 2016 for Trump.

This clip appears to be from before Roger Stone was indicted and it provided exactly the sort of thing Karl was claiming wasn’t there so I’m not too sure about the validity of his opinion.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why was Whitaker sweating like a whore in church?

His testimony to Congress will be fun.

Some guys are just like that. It's encouraging that he didn't say Witch Hunt! or Deep State Conspiracy! or anything of the sort. I think any effort to redact the version provided to Congressional committees would be proof & admission of obstruction. Congress would go ballistic.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Now what nearly everyone wants to see happen so that Hillary can say that she campaigned without severe unforced errors? That's what appears to be in doubt.

As if Hillary belongs in this conversation at all.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I know its gone on soooo long compared to Benghazi and buttery emails.
Dont forget the Bill Clinton investigation @ 5 years

The GOP couldn't find a damned thing on the Clintons in either so they just dragged it out as long as possible.

It plays differently when results occur in an ongoing fashion. Organized crime investigations often look like prosecutors are just nibbling around the edges until all Hell breaks loose for the perps.

Mar 11, 2004
I'm not sure I'd take this as gospel especially since he outright says its just that he thinks it will be over soon. Remember when Rudy said it'd be over by September or whenever?

The way he was sweating though tells me this is just political theater and he knows that's bullshit. I almost wonder if they might've even revealed that the's already done something to get himself in hot water with his dealings with Turmp and the GOP.

Not only that, but yeah, what's to stop this from just being the initial investigation that will branch off into other investigations. That he's managed to get several indictments shows this was fully warranted. I have a hunch that this will be just the tip of the iceberg.

So, I'll believe it when Mueller officially declares it closed.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
This clip appears to be from before Roger Stone was indicted and it provided exactly the sort of thing Karl was claiming wasn’t there so I’m not too sure about the validity of his opinion.
I am aware things can change which is why I mentioned the possibility of his sources changing what they are saying to Mr Karl I believe Roger Stone is arranged on his charges tomorrow?
Let's see what they are officially.
Or was he already officially read his charges?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I am aware things can change which is why I mentioned the possibility of his sources changing what they are saying to Mr Karl I believe Roger Stone is arranged on his charges tomorrow?
Let's see what they are officially.
Or was he already officially read his charges?

The charges are in the indictment leading to Stone's arrest. The rest is mere formality.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
As if Hillary belongs in this conversation at all.

Considering that a book by non hack authors does suggest that Russia has been focused on much and very little has been done by way of autopsy to figure out how to avoid possible mistakes...
Yes she does that you cannot see it is a you problem not a me problem but hey keep on doing you

^^Just in good fun^^
Maybe it won't be strike 3 for her
Yes Hillary would be much better than Trump however she didn't campaign to win the EC as she apparently thought the popular vote would carry the EC.
As we saw it is not always the case.
Hillary would have been better but Sen. Warren running in 2016 would have been superlatively good

___

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Sounds like bullshit. We've heard the Muller probe is close to the end for one and a half years now.

Why the fuck does it need to be over? It'll be done when it's done.
Why does it need to be over? It sounds like you want it done right, no? Doing something right is always removed from any assumed timeline. Always.

It needs to be over to clear the air. This is tearing the country apart. Note I didn't say or imply rushing to a conclusion just to end it.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It needs to be over to clear the air. This is tearing the country apart. Note I didn't say or imply rushing to a conclusion just to end it.

Consideing how long the Republican-led special prosecutor investigations ran, why the hurry to end this one? Afraid Mueller might actually find something criminal on Teump?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Sounds like bullshit. We've heard the Muller probe is close to the end for one and a half years now.

Why the fuck does it need to be over? It'll be done when it's done.
Because it would be nice if it was complete. I'd like to know the outcome, if Trump is toast then lets get it over with, if he's not then lets get over it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

voting for Trump tore the country apart. That happened in 2016. That is indisputable.

This is fixing the wounds. The wounds need to be fixed. Pardoning Nixon actually tore the country apart. Not the other way around. Criminals should be sent to prison, and if necessary, executed if the crimes deserve it. Let's not beat around the bush here.

lol--the investigation into criminal activity is "tearing the country apart"....what does that mean to you? Have you even briefly considered what this string of words means, when spoken out loud? No, you haven't. Please, tell us what this actually means. Please explain to us how this investigation is tearing the country apart...it needs to end NOW...but you know, 8+ years of Obama and HIllary birth certificate and Behngazi NOTHING didn't tear the country apart, is apparently still not over because "the right truth wasn't found!" and 7 years of Whitewater Clinton investigation...that was ended, but pivoted into a BLOWJOB was never really tearing the country apart but only meant JUSTICE! How does the investigation into criminal activity of an unpopularly-elected president, commanding the least popular rating of any president ever over such a consistent amount of time, with the most useless record of consistent failure after failure after failure (policy-wise: another indisputable fact) over such a short 2-year period of vapid gas-blowing, mean "tearing the country apart"? Please explain.

seriously: explain how criminal investigations into a president known to be a criminal his entire life, known by the vast, vast, vast majority of the country to be a criminal, incompetent, useless human, describe "tearing the country apart." seriously....he was always hated. This country hates this human. It is unquestionable. You have to make up shit to argue against it. How does a widely popular investigation into an historically unpopular president describe "tearing the country apart?"

OK I've run out of this energy. Go back to thinking, you. seriously. try it for once in your life. It might make you higher than you've ever been in your entire miserable fucking existence. holy shit: asking yourself a question. what the fuck must that feel like, right?

Show your work, and don't expect any favors.

lmao@ "note that I didn't say 'rush to a conclusion: just to end it'"....how fucking stupid are you to think that this comment makes any fucking sense?

seriously, how fucking stupid are you? Repeat that command to yourself in your head.

do it.

now.

repeat it.

If you can't define your comment as unapologetically stupid after repeating it, then you have no other use but walking yourself into the woodchipper, my friend. sorry to say. You are an entertaining sort, withe the best avatar around, I must say; but as the AARP and Homer Simpson once said: you are only valuable for the extraction of resources to feed other humans. god speed.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
we survived watergate, we will get by this.
nixon wasn't as bad as trump and that investigation lasted longer.
we survived watergate, we will get by this.
nixon wasn't as bad as trump and that investigation lasted longer.
It sounds like kind of an counter argument to the point you are trying to make... not to be -overly- pessimistic or anything ;).

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
THIS is what happened.
Donald Trump lost on the wall and the shut down.
Then Trump's buddy Roger Stone was hauled off to jail in an 6am FBI raid.
So, we all know exactly what took place next....
Trump called in Whitaker and demanded Whitaker instruct Mueller that the investigation IS OVER!!!
No more!
Finito!
And because Mueller is now under Whitaker and Whitaker runs the show and Whitaker now has the final say in whatever Mueller does or will do or can do, Whitaker basically shut Mueller down.
Lights out.

We will never know what really happened.
I suspect Trump directed Whitaker to direct Mueller to end this NOW because Mueller was about to investigate the Donald Trump family's connection in all of this.
Things were heating up just a bit too much for Donald Trump. Especially after watching the FBI haul Roger Stone off to the pokey, Donald realized this could happen to his own family.
And one of them.
And so... it was ended.
By Whitaker, by direction of Donald Trump.

What has happened is Trump has in fact fired Mueller using Whitaker as the hatchet man.
And Trump knew by appointing Whitaker that Whitaker would do Trump's every bidding.
So don't expect much out of that Mueller report, if it indeed ever sees the light of day.
Or, if released by Whitaker that will be only after most of the Mueller report is redacted, stricken out, marked unreadable claiming national security.
So again, don't expect much.
Mueller had a lot more to do but now he can't by orders of Whitaker and Donald Trump.
And so..... the coup continues.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Consideing how long the Republican-led special prosecutor investigations ran, why the hurry to end this one? Afraid Mueller might actually find something criminal on Teump?

That isn't what I said or implied.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
voting for Trump tore the country apart. That happened in 2016. That is indisputable.

This is fixing the wounds. The wounds need to be fixed. Pardoning Nixon actually tore the country apart. Not the other way around. Criminals should be sent to prison, and if necessary, executed if the crimes deserve it. Let's not beat around the bush here.

lol--the investigation into criminal activity is "tearing the country apart"....what does that mean to you? Have you even briefly considered what this string of words means, when spoken out loud? No, you haven't. Please, tell us what this actually means. Please explain to us how this investigation is tearing the country apart...it needs to end NOW...but you know, 8+ years of Obama and HIllary birth certificate and Behngazi NOTHING didn't tear the country apart, is apparently still not over because "the right truth wasn't found!" and 7 years of Whitewater Clinton investigation...that was ended, but pivoted into a BLOWJOB was never really tearing the country apart but only meant JUSTICE! How does the investigation into criminal activity of an unpopularly-elected president, commanding the least popular rating of any president ever over such a consistent amount of time, with the most useless record of consistent failure after failure after failure (policy-wise: another indisputable fact) over such a short 2-year period of vapid gas-blowing, mean "tearing the country apart"? Please explain.

seriously: explain how criminal investigations into a president known to be a criminal his entire life, known by the vast, vast, vast majority of the country to be a criminal, incompetent, useless human, describe "tearing the country apart." seriously....he was always hated. This country hates this human. It is unquestionable. You have to make up shit to argue against it. How does a widely popular investigation into an historically unpopular president describe "tearing the country apart?"

OK I've run out of this energy. Go back to thinking, you. seriously. try it for once in your life. It might make you higher than you've ever been in your entire miserable fucking existence. holy shit: asking yourself a question. what the fuck must that feel like, right?

Show your work, and don't expect any favors.

lmao@ "note that I didn't say 'rush to a conclusion: just to end it'"....how fucking stupid are you to think that this comment makes any fucking sense?

seriously, how fucking stupid are you? Repeat that command to yourself in your head.

do it.

now.

repeat it.

If you can't define your comment as unapologetically stupid after repeating it, then you have no other use but walking yourself into the woodchipper, my friend. sorry to say. You are an entertaining sort, withe the best avatar around, I must say; but as the AARP and Homer Simpson once said: you are only valuable for the extraction of resources to feed other humans. god speed.

You sure are making up a lot from my post that wasn't said or implied. Just things that are rattling around in Your Head. I have said way more than once that the investigation needs to be complete and not interfered with. I have also said that if Trump or any of his people are found guilty they should be sentenced accordingly. By found guilty doesn't mean Your Opinion we are talking about a legal definition of guilt.

Your many BS statements above are just that, BS.

My statements have nothing to do with Nixon, Hillary or anyone else.

But go ahead and rave on as I know you will anyway and take everything I post out of context by using selective quotation marks etc. Your fanatical ravings do not bother me in the least.

And just so you know I don't have to explain myself or show my work on your silly demand.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You sure are making up a lot from my post that wasn't said or implied. Just things that are rattling around in Your Head. I have said way more than once that the investigation needs to be complete and not interfered with. I have also said that if Trump or any of his people are found guilty they should be sentenced accordingly. By found guilty doesn't mean Your Opinion we are talking about a legal definition of guilt.

Your many BS statements above are just that, BS.

My statements have nothing to do with Nixon, Hillary or anyone else.

But go ahead and rave on as I know you will anyway and take everything I post out of context by using selective quotation marks etc. Your fanatical ravings do not bother me in the least.

And just so you know I don't have to explain myself or show my work on your silly demand.

seriously: explain how demanding that something end now is possibly exclusive of "rushing to a conclusion." That is what is fascinating. I think I get it though: a lot of what makes you stupid is the fact that you simply don't understand the meaning of words, so you really have no appreciation of what you are communicating to people that understand words.

You clearly think you do, but everyone else knows that you don't. It's like that kid in 7th grade that reads well above their level and hears some cool phrases that they like but don't really understand what they mean, but just repeats them out of context, completely divorced of actual meaning. This is why Kings had fools: their job was to entertain the court by saying things that were hilariously stupid, in the mode of unintentional irony.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well, a lot of indictments came in today against Huawei--I wonder if those were the sealed indictments that showed up in DC court last week, just ahead of the Stone arrest?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Really? "Tearing the country apart?"
I think most regular, non-fanatical folk are more like "the investigation is still going on, huh", and going about their daily lives.