Mueller probe close to completion per acting AG Whitaker

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Really? "Tearing the country apart?"
I think most regular, non-fanatical folk are more like "the investigation is still going on, huh", and going about their daily lives.

If the country is being torn apart it's at the hands of Trump & the GOP. They have no respect for the voters or the processes of Democracy.

Trump shut down the govt for 35 days as extortion for his Wall money, a wall that the GOP really doesn't want, either. McConnell stood around whistling Dixie while it happened, too. Ryan threw fuel on the fire as a gift to the nation before his HOR majority was ousted.

Hail Trump! Shake up Washington! He alone can fix it! Burn the village to save it!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He's not even a real AG.

Rosenstein is in charge of the investigation, not this fucking stoolie.
Unfortunately, that is no longer true. Reality sucks. Rosenstein is gone and non qual Whitaker is in charge.
Maybe he was flop sweating cause he had orders from Trump to talk about things he's not supposed to talk about like investigations.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Unfortunately, that is no longer true. Reality sucks. Rosenstein is gone and non qual Whitaker is in charge.
Maybe he was flop sweating cause he had orders from Trump to talk about things he's not supposed to talk about like investigations.

Rosenstein plans to resign shortly after Barr is confirmed & sworn in. I don't think it matters much because sending a redacted report to Congress would invoke a Constitutional crisis, like the Saturday night massacre. Barr knows that. Mueller's team has built bullet proof cases so far & I doubt that will change. The SDNY has done much he same.

Dunno quite where it all leads but trying to get in the way is futile.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Rosenstein is still the deputy AG. The news has been saying he plans to stay on until Mueller's report is filed (or Trump fires him, or Barr replaces him.)

The shaved ape Whittaker should not be in charge at all and his authority is legally dubious as he's not Senate confirmed. The responsibilities should have went to the deputy as I understand it. But somehow everyone just let that happen.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Rosenstein is still the deputy AG. The news has been saying he plans to stay on until Mueller's report is filed (or Trump fires him, or Barr replaces him.)

The shaved ape Whittaker should not be in charge at all and his authority is legally dubious as he's not Senate confirmed. The responsibilities should have went to the deputy as I understand it. But somehow everyone just let that happen.

A writ challenging Whitaker's appointment was rejected by the SCOTUS. He's a placeholder who likely won't be in office for 4 months. Barr's confirmation is imminent, I suspect, so Whitaker won't matter anymore. He's probably happy to escape before the shit hits the fan. He'll be wearing an honor badge of loyalty, always a good thing in the GOP.

Reactions: esquared

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
A writ challenging Whitaker's appointment was rejected by the SCOTUS. He's a placeholder who likely won't be in office for 4 months. Barr's confirmation is imminent, I suspect, so Whitaker won't matter anymore. He's probably happy to escape before the shit hits the fan. He'll be wearing an honor badge of loyalty, always a good thing in the GOP.

That bullshit and majority leader McChicken protecting his institution by not challenging Trump... :/

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That bullshit and majority leader McChicken protecting his institution by not challenging Trump... :/

It's a minor thing to McConnell & he often indulges Trump's whims to get what he wants in return. Whitaker is a mayfly to McConnell. I can despise McConnell's politics and respect his ability to wield power at the same time. He's a formidable right wing sonuvabitch.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
seriously: explain how demanding that something end now is possibly exclusive of "rushing to a conclusion." That is what is fascinating. I think I get it though: a lot of what makes you stupid is the fact that you simply don't understand the meaning of words, so you really have no appreciation of what you are communicating to people that understand words.

You clearly think you do, but everyone else knows that you don't. It's like that kid in 7th grade that reads well above their level and hears some cool phrases that they like but don't really understand what they mean, but just repeats them out of context, completely divorced of actual meaning. This is why Kings had fools: their job was to entertain the court by saying things that were hilariously stupid, in the mode of unintentional irony.

You continue trying to insert your beliefs into my statements. I also think you do this knowingly only to give yourself something to rave about.

I never demanded anything.

It seems you don't understand words or you are just blinded by your desires to beat on someone because they don't share your fanaticism.

But do continue your raving, it amuses me.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It feels quite odd, but I'm kinda looking forward to President Pence.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Lol. Pence is going to be on deck when the Trumptanic slides into the icy water.

Say hello to President Pelosi.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You wanna go from Stupid Hitler to Prodigy Jim Jones?

How on earth is that better?

Because Pence doesn't inspire the cray-cray nearly as well as Trump. Because he hasn't shown himself to be Putin's stooge. Because Trumpsters need to learn that they made a terrible mistake. Because it's the best we can reasonably hope for until 2021.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think that anybody who stands by Trump as Pence has is a deeply morally compromised individual. I see Trump as a criminal danger who has terribly damaged our nation. He is either an obsequious selfie serving worm biding his time to suck at the tits of power, or a criminal himself. Either way, Trump needs to be impeached and Pence is unfit to replace him. The Republican Party is acting as a tool of the Russian government. A party that takes to the moral and religious high ground is where all the psychopaths and moral perverts will hide offering prayers to the sky while feeding the beast.

I find Pence to be disgusting and he makes me sick when I watch him. I am a conservative in part, or at heart. He jumps out to me like a black widow on a white table cloth.

Then there’s the fact he’s a zombie. It’s like salt and pepper to the creep-out factor of 10. And he is too short like midget Putin. I don’t want to see a picture of him on Time Magazine riding around with his shirt off on a pony.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
It's a minor thing to McConnell & he often indulges Trump's whims to get what he wants in return. Whitaker is a mayfly to McConnell. I can despise McConnell's politics and respect his ability to wield power at the same time. He's a formidable right wing sonuvabitch.

In the short term, I agree, although I have serious question of where he's leading them long term and how the history books will judge.

2020 will be an important chapter in that story.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
You wanna go from Stupid Hitler to Prodigy Jim Jones?

How on earth is that better?

It's a horrible choice, but with Trump I think there is a too high to be comfortable chance that he starts a major war because of stupidity.

Otoh Trump is so incompetent he can't actually get any policy implemented.

So I guess it comes down to how much risk of thermonuclear war we want to carry vs creation of a Christian caliphate Utopia.

Yea...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's a horrible choice, but with Trump I think there is a too high to be comfortable chance that he starts a major war because of stupidity.

Otoh Trump is so incompetent he can't actually get any policy implemented.

So I guess it comes down to how much risk of thermonuclear war we want to carry vs creation of a Christian caliphate Utopia.

Yea...

Shee-it. Trump isn't even willing to finish off ISIS. Beyond that, Pence simply doesn't spark the deplorables' imagination nearly as effectively as Trump. He has no charisma. Yeh, sure, Trump's charisma is vile & twisted but it's quite real to a fair % of the population.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

My bad. Forgot he was waiting until Barr showed up. All I know is that Whitaker is supposedly in charge of the Russia Investigation for the DOJ.