MTA's New Ad Policy Encourages More Vandalism And Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2012
The MTA has a new policy where ads can be barred if people react violently to them such as the case with the Civilized Man

Simply banning an ad that may “provoke violence” is little more than a call for anyone objecting to a particular message to threaten just that in the hope — and now the expectation — that the MTA will take the easy way out and veto the ad.

This is just wrong, it means that an ad that might offend some people could be barred and this is appeasement and pandering

This rule needs to be overturned and any ads should be allowed

Do you believe that this rule needs to be overturned and this is wrong?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/10/mtas-new-ad-policy-encourages-more-vandalism-and-violence.html

Locked - OP apparently doesn't want this conversation to continue, AND there was no conversation, though I prefer sorbet or gelato to sherbet as well. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 10, 2000
Trolls.jpg

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
the only trolls i see here are the ones replying and baiting the OP

it's a fair point. they're basically saying "react to an ad with violence and we'll remove it".

Feb 10, 2000
the only trolls i see here are the ones replying and baiting the OP

it's a fair point. they're basically saying "react to an ad with violence and we'll remove it".

You really have to look at Incorruptible polling history to understand. I am 70% certain he is essentially a parody conservative "character" devised strictly to troll. You can't have a thoughtful discussion with him, as he is 100% unvarnished troll.

Feb 6, 2007
I've never been able to tell the difference between sherbet and sorbet. Is there a difference? Does one of them have milk in it or something? I suppose that's the sort of thing I could Google, but then I'd get stuck on Wikipedia for the next 16 hours reading about the invention of sherbet and how it tied to Nazi Germany and the curious idiosyncracies of ancient Sumerians and whatever else... That site is a treacherous vortex of mostly-correct knowledge, you know?

I'm sorry, I got sidetracked for a minute there. I believe we were at this point:

Trolls.jpg

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I've never been able to tell the difference between sherbet and sorbet. Is there a difference? Does one of them have milk in it or something? I suppose that's the sort of thing I could Google, but then I'd get stuck on Wikipedia for the next 16 hours reading about the invention of sherbet and how it tied to Nazi Germany and the curious idiosyncracies of ancient Sumerians and whatever else... That site is a treacherous vortex of mostly-correct knowledge, you know?

I'm sorry, I got sidetracked for a minute there. I believe we were at this point:

Trolls.jpg

I always found that sorbet uses real fruit while sherbert is just fake crap but I could be wrong.

Feb 6, 2007
I always found that sorbet uses real fruit while sherbert is just fake crap but I could be wrong.
In the United States, sorbet and sherbet (where it is often pronounced /ˈʃɜrbɜrt/ and therefore sometimes misspelled "sherbert") are different products. For Americans, sherbet is the more widely known term and typically designates a fruity flavored frozen dairy product with a butterfat content between 1% and 2%. Sorbet, on the other hand, is considered by Americans to be a fruity frozen product with no dairy content, similar to Italian ice.

Oh no, I'm being sucked into the vortex....

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

That sounds right; sorbet has a fruitier, tartness. Sherbet is blander IMO. But in a pinch, like if the store is out of sorbet, sherbet is an acceptable albeit inferior substitute.

Also, I like pie.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2000
That sounds right; sorbet has a fruitier, tartness. Sherbet is more bland IMO. But in a pinch, like if the store is out of sorbet, sherbet is an acceptable albeit inferior substitute.

Also, I like pie.

I like them both, though there's no question sherbet is the white trash cousin of sorbet.

But yeah, pie beats them both. We're getting into pumpkin pie season - yum!

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
In the United States, sorbet and sherbet (where it is often pronounced /ˈʃɜrbɜrt/ and therefore sometimes misspelled "sherbert") are different products. For Americans, sherbet is the more widely known term and typically designates a fruity flavored frozen dairy product with a butterfat content between 1% and 2%. Sorbet, on the other hand, is considered by Americans to be a fruity frozen product with no dairy content, similar to Italian ice.

Oh no, I'm being sucked into the vortex....

That sounds right; sorbet has a fruitier, tartness. Sherbet is more bland IMO. But in a pinch, like if the store is out of sorbet, sherbet is an acceptable albeit inferior substitute.

Also, I like pie.

While Sherbet and Sorbet are nice Gellato is where it is at.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gellato

Apr 27, 2012
You really have to look at Incorruptible polling history to understand. I am 70% certain he is essentially a parody conservative "character" devised strictly to troll. You can't have a thoughtful discussion with him, as he is 100% unvarnished troll.

No I am not a parody, I have what people consider "extreme" views but its not true. Yes I want to end welfare and believe the radicals are going to attempt to take over, There is truth and evidence behind this

Status
Not open for further replies.