MSNBC and blatant abuse of 'Journalistic Integrity...'

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Watch the video and listen to the conversation about racial overtones and talk about 'white guys with guns'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

Realize the face of the person shown carrying the AR is never shown...

and then realize the guy carrying the rifle is black...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...6QtQIM&feature=related

I find this rather disturbing that a news organization could actually run something like this and seemingly get away with it...

I am pro 2nd amendment, but don't generally agree with open carry at political events, as I believe it sends the wrong message and serves no purpose...

but at the same time, I expect accurate reporting and portrayal of such events...

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
MSNBC is to the Dumbocraps as Fox News is to Repulicants

Really?

I mean MSNBC and CNN have seen their ratings TANK while Fox News has been going up and up. Maybe both those organizations are so far out there and Fox News is much more center than you think.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Patranus

Really?

I mean MSNBC and CNN have seen their ratings TANK while Fox News has been going up and up. Maybe both those organizations are so far out there and Fox News is much more center than you think.
He's right and so you are. I think MSNBC is worse now, they are shameless. Fox is right, but I think somebody quantified it some months ago and it wasn't actually as bad as maybe it originally had been. MSNBC isn't even a real news oraganization now.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: BuckNaked
Watch the video and listen to the conversation about racial overtones and talk about 'white guys with guns'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

Realize the face of the person shown carrying the AR is never shown...

and then realize the guy carrying the rifle is black...

http://s.azcentral.com/home/File-/picture/67955/1/0

I find this rather disturbing that a news organization could actually run something like this and seemingly get away with it...

I am pro 2nd amendment, but don't generally agree with open carry at political events, as I believe it sends the wrong message and serves no purpose...

but at the same time, I expect accurate reporting and portrayal of such events...

The media has no reason to present the truth if it so feels like it.
They are only beholden to three things, money, ratings and their own political slant.

It's a truly sad state of affairs.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Heh when I saw the first pics of the guy with the AR on CNN.com. I was wondering how the media would turn this into a "pissed off white guy" story. Well I guess when you simply cover up the fact he is indeed black that is how you do it.

Edit: Wow after watching the video that is pretty bad.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
lol what pieces of shits. shocked rattigan played into that shit. i guess he learned to heel after getting his ass handed to him at cnbc.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Nothing Faux has not done. Funny when Faux does it then it is either not news as thats a talk person/show and/or it was a one time thing.

MSNBC = Liberal
Fox = Conserative

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Nothing Faux has not done. Funny when Faux does it then it is either not news as thats a talk person/show and/or it was a one time thing.

MSNBC = Liberal
Fox = Conserative

Bu bu bu Johnny did it why cant I?

Are you really trying to argue since you believe one side does it the other should? This was pretty damn blatent.

RyanPaulShaffer

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005

MSNBC = Liberal
Fox = Conserative

You forgot to call it "Faux" the last time you mentioned it.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Cable "news" melts the brain.

I cant believe people can watch those racist morons...

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

MSNBC = Liberal
Fox = Conserative

Can you post a link to a specific incident where Fox has done this? I'd like to check it out.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Originally posted by: xj0hnx

MSNBC = Liberal
Fox = Conserative

Can you post a link to a specific incident where Fox has done this? I'd like to check it out.

I'm guessing he's referring to their habit of placing the (D) next to (R)'s that are in trouble for something .... it's not a one time thing has it's happened on many occasions.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Really?

Ah yes, popularity means quality. Keep repeating that. Maybe if you do it enough it will be believable.

RyanPaulShaffer

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Pens1566

MSNBC = Liberal
Fox = Conserative

I'm guessing he's referring to their habit of placing the (D) next to (R)'s that are in trouble for something .... it's not a one time thing has it's happened on many occasions.

If it's happened so many times, I'm curious as to why there are still no links provided to back up these claims?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Originally posted by: RyanPaulShaffer

MSNBC = Liberal
Fox = Conserative

If it's happened so many times, I'm curious as to why there are still no links provided to back up these claims?

What, you can't use google????

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

MSNBC = Liberal
Fox = Conserative

I've seen that a couple times, I even saw McCain with (D) during the primaries, whether mistakes or intentional it is a FAR cry from intentionaly hiding the race of a subject of discussion, and then claiming that he and other protesting are racist.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Really?

He's right and so you are. I think MSNBC is worse now, they are shameless. Fox is right, but I think somebody quantified it some months ago and it wasn't actually as bad as maybe it originally had been. MSNBC isn't even a real news oraganization now.

I have to pretty much agree.

I watch all of them, at some time or another in an evening. MSNBC has gone full bore pro- Obama and Dem agenda. No effort to hide it. Has anybody else noticed Ed Shultz (a fairly new program at MSNBC)? (I've never seen him emtioned here). That guy's worse than Olbermann, never thought that was even possible.

I'll note they are opinion shows, so no real problem with it IMO. Now there is a problem when a supposidly "straight" new show gets into bias.

Fern

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: RyanPaulShaffer

People actually watch MSNBC?

Yep! :thumbsup:

That is news to me!

Only if you watch it and pay attention. :light:

I doubt you're up to the challenge. :p

Pay attention to them purposefully hiding the fact that a black man was the one carrying the "assault rifle" and spouting off that it's racist white men that are doing this and that one of them will try to kill the president just bcause he is black? Indeed we need to pay attention to it.

These are THE people keeping racism alive and well in America because it fits their agenda.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
There was a Caucasian gentleman with an AR there too. Wonder why they didn't get him on video?

As to Fox, Stewart had a good. long. clip of various personalities on that channel turning a 180 on things they said while their guy was POTUS. The hypocrisy was rich and dripping.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
What a blatant distortion of the facts by MSNBC. The news likes to hype racism where there clearly is none. Divide and rule is the rule of the day.