MSI H1101 Pro AC (MS-7995) and Bluetooth

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mir96TA

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2002
I found thread after thread of people saying that that board does not have Bluetooth. Even if the Canada site says it does, the U.S. one says it doesn't. I've installed several Intel wifi/bluetooth internal cards into my PCs, and Windows 10 automatically installs the drivers, and they work without me doing anything.

So factor in the fact that the U.S. site just says it has wifi, all the threads where people are saying no Bluetooth, and that nothing in your device manager shows Bluetooth, I am fairly confident in saying that board does not have it (or it's a defective design). If you want to know without a doubt, remove the black plate that covers the card (where the antenna hooks to the back).

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130929

MSI.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...64.psy-ab..0.6.1060...0i22i30k1.0.4eNHuzAKc2M
I bought this from Canadian Retailer. So naturally I fill follow Canadian website.
or it could be optional at extra cost.

MSI should really make it clear whether BT is on that board or not. The fact that MSi offers a BT driver for this board makes people wonder what is going on.

It wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer used an altered/limited chip.

I bet if they pulled the card, it would be missing the Bluetooth portion (my last two Intel wifi/Bluetooth cards had two different cards in it, with a USB 2.0 cable that plugged into a motherboard USB internal header for Bluetooth to work).
MSi Tech Support saying it suppose to have it. They think some people may have issue; but product line does not have the issue.
First they thought it was my OS so I re install the OS. Then they thought it was motherboard they have replaced it.
3rd time they replace the WiFi card.
Now they are thinking I may not have it installed right. They wanted to see pics of the card. I email them.
Not sure what people want to see back of the card ?
It is a typical M.2 Key card from intel.
Non Less Here is a Back
2qdn6z7.jpg

and front
2w5116g.jpg

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I bought this from Canadian Retailer. So naturally I fill follow Canadian website.

MSi Tech Support saying it suppose to have it. They think some people may have issue; but product line does not have the issue.
First they thought it was my OS so I re install the OS. Then they thought it was motherboard they have replaced it.
3rd time they replace the WiFi card.
Now they are thinking I may not have it installed right. They wanted to see pics of the card. I email them.

Maybe you will be the first person to get it working on that board. Best of luck!

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I know of one way to make sure:

find someone with the z version where the BT works and try that card in the 110I. If it doesn't work then there is definitely something up with the board.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I know of one way to make sure:

find someone with the z version where the BT works and try that card in the 110I. If it doesn't work then there is definitely something up with the board.

A board that was already replaced, and the module replaced 3 times. Internet full of people who are upset and saying there is no Bluetooth on that motherboard.

At some point I'd just buy a $10 Bluetooth USB drive, and call it a day. But who knows, maybe the 4th time they replace the module will be the magic number. ;)

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
A board that was already replaced, and the module replaced 3 times. Internet full of people who are upset and saying there is no Bluetooth on that motherboard.

At some point I'd just buy a $10 Bluetooth USB drive, and call it a day. But who knows, maybe the 4th time they replace the module will be the magic number. ;)
I agree, but I would want my board to function as advertised. :)

Also why I have issues buying MSI boards.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I agree, but I would want my board to function as advertised. :)

That's where the confusion lays with this board. If you look at the detailed specs, it only says wifi.

It's just one image on the Canadian site says BT. It looks like they initially were going to offer BT on this board, but cancelled the plans at the last second, to force user to buy the H170 version. Does it suck they did that, and places like Newegg say it has BT? Yup, but at some point you realize you have to move on.

I mean changing out the board once, and changing out the module 3 times would get very old. I could understand if everyone else's board had working BT, and this was an isolated issue, but the fact is nobody's BT works on this board. Add in the fact that MSI's low-level tech support doesn't seem to have a clue either doesn't help. So spending all that time emailing them, mailing back parts, putting new parts in, is all of that worth $10? (the price of a USB BT thumb drive).

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
If the board needs an M.2 card to have BT and WiFi, then the board does not have BT and WiFi...

It is just shipped with an included card that anyone can buy.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
It's like saying a mobo has GT1030 graphics because it comes with an incuded GT1030 video card.

Mir96TA

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2002
Well, their call center wants this M.B. in their hands to test it. They are in directly implying it has a functioning Bluetooth, and they will tested it, and take snap shot so they can email me.
That's where the confusion lays with this board. If you look at the detailed specs, it only says wifi.

It's just one image on the Canadian site says BT. It looks like they initially were going to offer BT on this board, but cancelled the plans at the last second, to force user to buy the H170 version. Does it suck they did that, and places like Newegg say it has BT? Yup, but at some point you realize you have to move on.

I mean changing out the board once, and changing out the module 3 times would get very old. I could understand if everyone else's board had working BT, and this was an isolated issue, but the fact is nobody's BT works on this board. Add in the fact that MSI's low-level tech support doesn't seem to have a clue either doesn't help. So spending all that time emailing them, mailing back parts, putting new parts in, is all of that worth $10? (the price of a USB BT thumb drive).
I agree swapping out the parts to gets old real quick and feels sotrta going no ware. Specially if one the party knows for sure there is nothing wrong with it. However I don't take substandard specially when the vendor company 100 % believe it suppose to work.
However I also understand I needs to go through the due process; which may not be ideal for me; however it is a process. I also wants them to understand what is the real issue. Most of the users who are facing this issue may get benefits out of it.
Also the M.B. they sold in Canada may suppose to have it ???? Did they sent the wrong batch to Canadian market ????
We will learn when I get the answer from vendor support.........
Enough said about that..........
What I think ???
Well I think this M.B. is missing subsystem of Layer 1 connection to USB to M.2 connection.
If I take same WiFi card to my Laptop which has originally 7260 Intel which is basically an older gen of this car. This card works fine! because foundation of Bluetooth and WiFi suppose to works. Screen shot is below.
28td90.jpg

Look at the pic below. The Bluetooth hardware system basically running off the USB3 connection (Subsystem)
mcwthd.jpg

I think MSI motherboard is missing this subsystem
L@@k at pic below
I think I am missing that connection.
Thanks
2ir6hab.jpg

Mir :)

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
if Mir96TA is correct in his analysis then that would mean that board could never have supported BT natively.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
The B150 version of this board has BT. I know because I have one. Yours does not.