Movies that ROCK that nobody's seen

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Requiem for a Dream
City of God
Run Lola Run
The Usual Suspects (but I think this one isn't that obscure)

brentman

Dec 4, 2002
Swimming With Sharks (kevin spacey indie flick, very good)

Blacktop (meatloaf as a crazy truck driver teaching a young couple a lesson, also good)

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Kaervak
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie
*High-fives Kaervak* My man! Finally, someone else who agrees Ginger Snaps rocks! What did you think of the remake of Night of the Living Dead? I liked that ending much better.

They're making a sequel and prequel for Ginger Snaps. Do yourself a favor and get the Collector's Edition of it. Widescreen, tons of extras and two commentaries.
I'm in Canada, that's the only version we can get up here :p Woot, go Canadian cinema! Heard about them kicking around ideas for more in that series ever since the first came out. Looked them up on the web site Second one looks like it'll rock, though the third one looks kindda fvcked up. Anyway, thanx for the update on those!

Ah, that just reminded me of another obscure movie! Brotherhood of the Wolf! Very nifty French film. Turns out native americans are better martial artists than orientals. Very cool characters, original setting for the story, really nice FX work and costumes.

The remake of Night of The Living Dead wasn't that bad. It lost a bit of it's scare the sh!t out of you factor with the makeup/effects in it, but still pretty good.
I like it a bit better than the orignal myself. The story runs a bit tighter and the makeup had advanced enough for them to make far more realistic corpses (at least according to director Tom Savini's commentary on the DVD). As for the different ending to the remake, Patricia Tallman's expression there at the end after she returns to the house (you should know the scene I mean) is pure perfection! The look of utter horror about what she finds is GREAT!

-- Jack

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Kaervak
*High-fives Kaervak* My man! Finally, someone else who agrees Ginger Snaps rocks! What did you think of the remake of Night of the Living Dead? I liked that ending much better.

They're making a sequel and prequel for Ginger Snaps. Do yourself a favor and get the Collector's Edition of it. Widescreen, tons of extras and two commentaries.
I'm in Canada, that's the only version we can get up here :p Woot, go Canadian cinema! Heard about them kicking around ideas for more in that series ever since the first came out. Looked them up on the web site Second one looks like it'll rock, though the third one looks kindda fvcked up. Anyway, thanx for the update on those!

Ah, that just reminded me of another obscure movie! Brotherhood of the Wolf! Very nifty French film. Turns out native americans are better martial artists than orientals. Very cool characters, original setting for the story, really nice FX work and costumes.

The remake of Night of The Living Dead wasn't that bad. It lost a bit of it's scare the sh!t out of you factor with the makeup/effects in it, but still pretty good.
I like it a bit better than the orignal myself. The story runs a bit tighter and the makeup had advanced enough for them to make far more realistic corpses (at least according to director Tom Savini's commentary on the DVD). As for the different ending to the remake, Patricia Tallman's expression there at the end after she returns to the house (you should know the scene I mean) is pure perfection! The look of utter horror about what she finds is GREAT!

-- Jack

Lucky mofo. I ordered the collectors edition last night from dvdsoon.com for $12.63 shipped. Definitely a great deal. Definitely going to check out the two new movies. Never did see Brotherhood of The Wolf although it does look cool. The ending of the remake of NOTLD was pretty damn good too. Love B-horror movies. :D

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Brazil
Ever see the sequel? They apparently defrost the cryogenically frozen head of one of the main characters. I forget the title, but I saw most of it years ago.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
The Manchurian Candidate

Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Mississippi Burning (everyone over 25 or so has probably seen it but...)

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Brazil
Ever see the sequel? They apparently defrost the cryogenically frozen head of one of the main characters. I forget the title, but I saw most of it years ago.

I didn't even know there was a sequel:confused:

Daxxax

Mar 9, 2001
I always liked "The Princess Bride", cool movie and Andre the Giant is in it!!! What more can you ask for??

godmare

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2002
'Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels' was great... not too many people have seen that, afaik.

new2AMD

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ggavinmoss
Swimming with Sharks.
Bob Roberts.

-geoff

Swimming with sharks was the 1st thing I thought of when I read the thread title.