Movies that ROCK that nobody's seen

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: vmrao
Miller's Crossing
The Limey
Glengarry GlenRoss
Jerry and Tom

Dude, The Limey, Glengarry GlenRoss and Miller's Crossing all rock.. I'm netflixing "Jerry and Tom" based on your good taste ;)

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
A lot of good ones mentioned so far.

Ill add "The Warriors" released about 1980 about gangs in NY. Dont miss it if you get a chance to see or rent it.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: werk
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
City of God - best movie that I've seen this year. I guess you could say that nobody has seen it since most people outside of movie forums don't talk about it.
I want to see this...it's the Brazilian kid gangster movie, right?

Judging from the responses I got from a pic I posted in another thread, I'd say lot's of people haven't seen Sexy Beast.

Yes it is. Great movie. Sexy Beast was OK for me :)

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: bernse
Originally posted by: moonshinemadness
Black Dog

HAH! Thats funny!

(You were joking, right?)

Narc

The Bad Lieutenant

I didn't think Black Dog was that bad. Meat Loaf on the other hand...

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Fair enough! I guess ones persons crap is anothers treasure (and vice versa).

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Roger

Night of the living dead ... Late sixties

To this day that movie still freaks me out.

My vote is for Ginger Snaps. Damn good werewolf movie IMO.

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: istallion
The Stoned Age - a modern Dazed and Confused

LOL The programmer at my work looks JUST like Joe from that movie. :D

My choice is Dark City, that was an excellent movie.

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: DeathByAnts
Originally posted by: Daxxax
It's probably popular around here, But I don't think most people have seen Donnie Darko.

seen it, didn't understand it

I saw it and I didn't understand either, but I don't care. It was still a great movie.

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Roger
The day the earth stood still ... Early fifties

The Blob... Late fifties

Invasion of the body snatchers... Mid fifties

Forbidden Planet... Mid fifties

Night of the living dead ... Late sixties
Umm... Guy, those are all classics. And only the first one and second last haven't been remade. (Originals still the best). Hell, I know a lot of people that have seen them.

Originally posted by: idNut
The Big Labowski
Reservoir Dogs
You've obviously never read any other movie poll on this site. Damn near everyone and his brother has seen these movies!

I've been wanting to see Remo Williams ever since I saw it reviewed on badmovies.org! Very happy it's been rerelased on DVD.

Equilibrium, definetly!! A little thin on plot, but still a wicked action movie. Very cool fight sequences, especially the few at the end. Highly underrated and underpromoted.

*High-fives Kaervak* My man! Finally, someone else who agrees Ginger Snaps rocks! What did you think of the remake of Night of the Living Dead? I liked that ending much better.

*Smacks hypersonic5 upside the head* Hardware?! That movie was SOOOOO Gawd-awful it's not even funny!!! The innitial idea was interesting, but the execution, acting, sets, and overall movie were utterly horrid! *Retch*

The Tremors series, especially movies 2 and 3, is also true for obscure movies. Not the craziest about the series, and am annoyed I missed the finalie. :frown:

For my own unique selections:

Six-String Samurai is a great, totally obscure one. Just saw that a little while ago. 60s rock and roll combined with Honk Kong sword fights. Gotta love a movie where a Buddy Holly look-alike takes out the last remnents of the Russian army with just a homemade katana. And where Death comes complete with his own heavy metal band.

Tron. Many have heard of it, few have seen it. A nifty movie, no question. Very cool to see pioneering computer FX.

Trancers. I'm a big B-movie fan, and Full Moon provided lots of great stuff before folding. Tim Thomerson as a man from the future sent to the 80s to kill time traveling vampires :D

-- Jack

C++ is history repeated as tragedy. Java is history repeated as farce.
-- Scott McKay

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie
*High-fives Kaervak* My man! Finally, someone else who agrees Ginger Snaps rocks! What did you think of the remake of Night of the Living Dead? I liked that ending much better.

They're making a sequel and prequel for Ginger Snaps. Do yourself a favor and get the Collector's Edition of it. Widescreen, tons of extras and two commentaries. The sequel looks good as does the prequel. The remake of Night of The Living Dead wasn't that bad. It lost a bit of it's scare the sh!t out of you factor with the makeup/effects in it, but still pretty good.