Movies are SOOO expensive nowadays. WOW.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
I took my family to see Daddy Daycare today. 2 adults 2 kids and my 3rd kid gets in free. popcorn, drinks, movie tickets,
$80. OMFG. EIGHTY FVCKING BUCKS. What's up with that??

Anyone else things think it's wayy too expensive to go to the movies now?

Apr 17, 2003
WOW, not upgrades for you for a while! when i go to the movies, i get in for $7 with college ID and eat at a fast food place afterwards. meal and movies comes out to $12-14

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
I think theaters are charging so much because DVD/VHS/cable movies are so cheap. I haven't been to a movie at a theater in 2 years. I'd rather pause it if I feel the need to.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Tyler
WTF is "Daddy Daycare"?
The new movie with Eddie Murphy?

Oh, and I agree.

If the tickets don't get you, the popcorn, drink, and candy will. It's absolutely outrageous what they charge for popcorn, soda and candy. :Q

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
if you had gone during matinee in my area 6.50x4 = 26 bucks. thats assuming kids aren't cheaper, i don't know.

and thats in ca/bay area where tickets cost more then other parts of the country.

if you can stop eating for two hours, u save money, go figure heh.

daddy dare care is a pos movie anyhow :)

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: LeeTJ
I took my family to see Daddy Daycare today. 2 adults 2 kids and my 3rd kid gets in free. popcorn, drinks, movie tickets,
$80. OMFG. EIGHTY FVCKING BUCKS. What's up with that??

Anyone else things think it's wayy too expensive to go to the movies now?

hm that's insane... you must have gotten ripped. How much are adult tickets? $8 each? Kids? $4 each? So that should be $24... then popcorn and drinks... did each kid get their own large popcorn with large drink?

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
The problem is the drinks/popcorn, they totaly rape you on food when you go to them movies, so why the hell do people still buy food at movies? this baffles me. :Q

H34D0N

Mar 12, 2002
heh heh heh, we always go to a jiffy store and get some soda's and candy. No sense buying that crap, if you get caught ooo well they just take it away, you learn from your mistakes and hide it better next time... As far as tickets go, just show em' your student id... Its like ten bucks then.

Comp625

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
The tickets here are cheap. $4.75 for any showing prior to 6pm. $7.75 for any showing 6pm or after. The food/drinks do kill you. $3 for a bottle of Poland Spring water! That's okay though...if I wanted food, I go to the Stop & Shop across the street and grab some food. Poland Spring water there 50 cents. :)

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: H34D0N
heh heh heh, we always go to a jiffy store and get some soda's and candy. No sense buying that crap, if you get caught ooo well they just take it away, you learn from your mistakes and hide it better next time... As far as tickets go, just show em' your student id... Its like ten bucks then.

Take it away? Fsck that, they can't touch my belongings. I'd demand a refund and let them kick me out.

Are they really that anal about it? Do they care if you bring stuff in from another store?

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
OH man... If you added all that up everytime you went to the movies you might as well rent it and buy a big screen TV.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
on the other hand, its not nice to make a mess when u havn't paid for food. just eat dinner b4 or something. im sure u could use a 2 hour diet:p

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli

Take it away? Fsck that, they can't touch my belongings. I'd demand a refund and let them kick me out.

Are they really that anal about it? Do they care if you bring stuff in from another store?

Man, i remember going to the movies, and this guy beside me was on a date with a girl. And he brought in a chicken salad sandwich with him (all homemade and wrapped up). Couldn't believe he was chomping on this thing that stank up the place, and trying his moves on the girl.

That's not so bad nowadays considering most of the theatres sell more than popcorn these days... i've seen some selling chili in a bowl! Gaw, that stuff smells.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001

Hmmm, I've never though about that - I've never seen a "No Carry-Ins" sign at a theater.... Maybe they're using the fact that people think they can't bring stuff in on their own to their advantage?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: BillGates

Hmmm, I've never though about that - I've never seen a "No Carry-Ins" sign at a theater.... Maybe they're using the fact that people think they can't bring stuff in on their own to their advantage?

every placeI have been has had sign. some even search. large purses and things like that. ive never been cought sneekin stuff it but i know peopel that have. they usially just take it away. or ask you to finish it before entering

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Here in LA one of the newest (read: most expensive) theaters is The Bridge over in Culver City. Anyway, I've walked in there plenty of times carrying starbucks in plain sight. They don't serve coffee so if they say anything fvck 'em.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I don't go the the movies any more. It's cheaper, sounds better and is more convenient in my living room.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
Originally posted by: BillGates

every placeI have been has had sign. some even search. large purses and things like that. ive never been cought sneekin stuff it but i know peopel that have. they usially just take it away. or ask you to finish it before entering

Not the theatres i go to... they're so big that there's no way they can search everybody. Besides, most of these place have like a dozen vendors selling everything from chili, to gyros and even starbucks.